I Need a Little Help About Clothings...

xVallerie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey..

I'm New On Second Life, I Started on May 5 And I Need a Little Help About An item that

Wont Take Off

Today, My Clothes Werent Loading & Everything I Had on Wasn't Loading, So i Tested the Female Character And Tried to Put up The clothes I Used to Wear, But then This Item Called "Girl Next  Avatar Polka Dress Glitch Pants - Pink" Wont Take Off, I Clicked the Take Off Option Like Over 30x It doesnt Take Off.. Can Anybody Help? I Tried To Test Female Again it still Wont Take Off, I Tried to Use the Take Off All Clothings Thingy Everything Tooked off Except for the Glitch pants and the Black Sleveless Bra.. anyone? s:

-xVallerie

Could it be that the bra and pants are part of your skin? You said you're newish - I believe some of the new skins incorporate underwear and can't be removed - unless you replace the whole skin, of course. You could grab a demo skin to try and see if this is the problem.

If that's not the explanation, try this - when things get "stuck" , I sometimes find it works to replace the stuck item with another of the same sort. For example, wear another pants layer. Though I'm not sure if that works anymore with the new added layers system. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Hello Vallerie. I guess that you still wear one of your default skins and that means that you can NOT remove underwear because we could say it is a part of your skin. The solution is to change skin as Carole rightly suggested. If i am right you can find if you search in your default skins 1-2 for full nudity. Althernatively you can ask by a friend in world to give you a free skin or to buy a new at Marketplace You can find free ones there also. Good luck.

You named a specific piece of clothing - glitch pants - so I don't think this sounds like a skin layer problem. To me it sounds like an underwear layer problem.  If you're a teen, you can't remove or edit an underwear layer once it's put on.  Might that be your problem?  If you're a teen, you just have to find underwear or a tatoo on an underwear layer that isn't too obnoxous & wear that.  Or you can get a friend to make you some "invisible underwear" ( transparent texture on the underwear layers).

It's also not too unusual for clothing to not want to come off sometimes, but I'm not sure of a better fix than taking everything off & then trying to put on something different.

The Girl Next Door avatar's pink polka dot dress and glitch pants do come off. The black bra and under panty underneath that are part of the skin she wears. So those will not come off.

You will need to find a skin and clothes in a PG region which do not have the giant underwear.

Hey Carole,

I've been posting about the exact same problem with the exact same item for almost a month now. It appears to replace the lower half of the skin and attempting to put on something else does nothing.

Then I had something of a breakthrough when I uninstalled every viewer except SL 2.6.1 and learned that Detach All and Remove All Clothes do not affect the glitch pants. They are on the underwear layer, but it is misleading because the character test female character is still wearing a pair of black panties and a bra ( which are in fact a part of the Girl Next Door "character test female" outfit) when everything is taken off, and neither those nor the glitch pants are removed when you do a replace outfit. You have to character test, then go into the Girl Next Door folder directly and take off the glitch pants, and then manually dress yourself with all your real stuff item by item and avoid dressing with the outfits.

Until I abandoned replace outfit, I still had the glitch pants problem. And even when I coudl take them off, I would be unable to change out of whatever pants I replaced them with later, even though the pants were on the actual pants layer. So now I get dressed manually every time, and the problem appears to have lessened as a result I still get issues with the cloud hanging around until I character test, and still get unchangeable pants issues after being on for a long time, but nothing like it used to be.

Hope that helps :womanwink:

Thank you So Much Everyone, I Tried All of your Tips it Worked I Finally Took Off My Undies, Yesterday I Can Change My Undies but i cant Take it off, Which is Giving me trouble Wearing My Anime Avatars, I Knew i Could always Find a way In this Awesome Forum Filled with Awesome helpful Peeps like you(:

i need help. almost all viewers sucks for me even v2,phoenix and all. my clothes wont rezz to others. in my viers i am ok everything is ok i am not naked. but to others  its either i am naked or my clothes didnt change even if i already did change. they say i need to asked LL to refresh my inventory. but i am having a hard time contacting  the support. i dont know how. i love sl but how can i enjoy playing if this thing wont be resolved. i am not enjoying anymore. its so depressing. please help me!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.