BOM in edit - Looks Distorted

Mariyah Arabello

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am having an issue with the way my avatar looks when I am in edit (editing my shape). I attached a Gyazo screenshot. This happens on my desktop and my laptop computers. I find it hard to edit my shape when I can not really see the details of it. Anyone have an idea why this happens and if there is a way for me to fix it?

https://gyazo.com/3b95ff1dc0903018d04223712b73e9be

Whaaat?

I've tried editing shape in Firestorm, Black Dragon, and the default Linden viewer. I don't get this...

I looked up the problem in the JIRA: [BoM] BAKED_UPPER Malformed During Edit Shape or Edit Outfit. It seems this is a local bake issue with a planed fix. So, since I don't see this happening the fix would be to get a system or BOM bake, what ever we call it, of the skin loaded into the viewer. That happens automatically.

The active JIRA to watch is BUG-227534 but it is overly geeky...

I use a starting outfit that is my nude avatar with the basics I always use, skin, body, head, etc. I make new outfits several items each week and wear this 'outfit'. From the old days, pre-BOM, I know the viewer did a local bake during appearance editing. It sent out for the system bake a couple of minutes after one left Appearance Edit.

Try putting on the skin, leaving any editing modes, and give a few minutes. I expect the system bake to happen and the viewer to load it. Then you should be able to edit shape without the blurred skin texture from the local bake. I know I can wearing either classic body or Slink Redux (BOM) body.

34 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Whaaat?

I've tried editing shape in Firestorm, Black Dragon, and the default Linden viewer. I don't get this...

I looked up the problem in the JIRA: [BoM] BAKED_UPPER Malformed During Edit Shape or Edit Outfit. It seems this is a local bake issue with a planed fix. So, since I don't see this happening the fix would be to get a system or BOM bake, what ever we call it, of the skin loaded into the viewer. That happens automatically.

The active JIRA to watch is BUG-227534 but it is overly geeky...

I use a starting outfit that is my nude avatar with the basics I always use, skin, body, head, etc. I make new outfits several items each week and wear this 'outfit'. From the old days, pre-BOM, I know the viewer did a local bake during appearance editing. It sent out for the system bake a couple of minutes after one left Appearance Edit.

Try putting on the skin, leaving any editinig modes, and give a few minutes. I expect the system bake to happen and the viewer to load it. Then you should be able to edit shape without the blurred skin texture from the local bake. I know I can wearing either classic body or Slink Redux (BOM) body.

The issue described only effects certain bodies - you'll never see it with a Slink body but always with a Maitreya. The work-around is to do your adding and removing of layers, etc. outside of the "Edit My Outfit" environment, which is the place that uses local bakes. Changes will be slower but they will look correct.

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

The issue described only effects certain bodies - you'll never see it with a Slink body but always with a Maitreya.

Huh. This is absolutely true. I use both Slink and Maitreya, and seen exactly that; I've never made the connection before. I wonder why?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.