I can fix clothes?

KarolinaTalaoc

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, can I prepare clothes? I mean, if I buy any cheap or free clothes. This body shines through a blouse or skirt and the ebody doesn't completely fix it. because when I take it I turn on the piece, which shines through it is a bit strange it looks where there is no piece of clothes. Please help :)

If English isn't your first language, try writing in you native language. Post that with a Google translation.

I'm not sure what you want to do with the clothes. Are you asking if there is a way to make cheap clothes work on you body and shape? That depends on the clothes. 

Clothes tend to not follow the shape of the body as the avatar moves. Also, clothes not specifically made for a brand of body often do not fit and the body pokes through the clothes. The solutions are buy clothes made for the body and/or use alpha layers to hide the body. And some clothes will not work with some bodies... you can wear them. They will look awful.

Are you asking if you can make clothes for your body and shape? Yes, it is complicated. There are tutorials on YouTube.

9 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

If English isn't your first language, try writing in you native language. Post that with a Google translation.

I'm not sure what you want to do with the clothes. Are you asking if there is a way to make cheap clothes work on you body and shape? That depends on the clothes. 

Clothes tend to not follow the shape of the body as the avatar moves. Also, clothes not specifically made for a brand of body often do not fit and the body pokes through the clothes. The solutions are buy clothes made for the body and/or use alpha layers to hide the body. And some clothes will not work with some bodies... you can wear them. They will look awful.

Are you asking if you can make clothes for your body and shape? Yes, it is complicated. There are tutorials on YouTube.

Yes i did tlanslate so is that. Oh i see. Yes it look bad and this skirt i want fix because look ugly how skin is see on this clothes. And what title can I look for on YouTube for repairing clothes?

Edited by KarolinaTalaoc

I think what you mean is that when you wear mesh clothes, some of your body shows through?  If so, then you need to be using either the alpha layer that comes with the clothes or, if you have a mesh body, use the body hud alpha sections. Both of these methods have the effect of making parts of your body invisible.

If you have not purchased a mesh body, and there is no alpha layer included with the clothes, you've probably purchased a clothing item made for mesh bodies only, in which case you can't wear it without also purchasing the body it's made for.  (Well, there are complicated ways of making it work by using Bakes on Mesh and making your own alpha layers, but for that you will need to find someone to help who can speak your language).

If you use a BOM body then you can use the same alpha layers as you would the Classic body. As Jennifer said, they are easy.

A basic trick is to get a set of Classic body templates, like Robin Woods. Use those to  make a tattoo. Wear ir and the problem clothes. You can see what you need you alpha out and the template provides a guide.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

If Karolina wishes, I'd be happy to share more detail about making alpha layers.

I have not learned how to use BOM yet. So, if I do, I can make alpha masks that cover exactly the parts they need to and aren't constrained by the areas defined on the HUD?

With bom alpha layers works the same. If you have a bom mesh body you can use the same alpha layers as a systems body. 

9 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

If Karolina wishes, I'd be happy to share more detail about making alpha layers.

I have not learned how to use BOM yet. So, if I do, I can make alpha masks that cover exactly the parts they need to and aren't constrained by the areas defined on the HUD?

If you can dress a Classic avatar then you know most of what you need to know about using BOM. T

...aren't constrained by... Yes. You can make precise alphas without limit just for your use. I often find that a Slink version of a garment may have a small poke-through somewhere that the designer didn't notice. So, I make an alpha for that garment.

This is one of the features of Classic and BOM Mesh that I think makes them much more usable than HUD controlled alpha. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.