Low Skyboxes Ruining Skyline

Rhiannon Wildmist

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Some areas, such as the Blake Sea, are pretty clear of skyboxes, but that's a side effects of the land "ownership".

As things are at the moment, I'm not sure I'd chance a 'plane anyway. I've experienced some severe rubber-banding with vehicles, though far fewer total failures, when sim-crossing. And there are a few places, where Linden roads cross region-corners (most of Zindra, now I think about it) where that gets a bit crazy.

It's one of those things which seems to arise from decisions made in the early days, and fixing it would be a major political issue. Whether it's the skyboxes, the routing of a Linden Road, or trying to hit a narrow waterway between ban-lines.  

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a new neighbor and he rezzed his skybox. It's around 25 meters above ground. This is not only ruining the skyline, it ruins the entire area.

It's in Bay City, that is supposed to be a themed area, 1940-1960's Deco kind of. You can imagine how in-theme this skybox is....

• 1 year later...

I just bought my first land . . . . 1/4 of a sim; abandoned land on Mainland. Everything was fine for the firs 3 days. This evening, someone bought a slice of land next to me and put up a skybox directly on the border. It is very low . . .all you see out the windows and as you open the front door is the underside of the skybox . . . with advertising. I can almost reach it in flying mode, and can easily cam to see the interior. 

I've tried moving the house but there is no escaping the eyesore. There are other skyboxes near that aren't offensive at all, you don't even notice them. 

I'll will use Phoenix's 'derender' option, but people who come to my build will have the eyesore in their face .

How can I get a fix on exactly how low the skybox is in the sky? I can't think it's 300 meters, but I am at the heightest point in the SIM, so if ther measurement is from ground zero, possibly it is 300 meters. 

Not a happy first land-owning experience at this point. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.