My Maitreya Lara Hud

Lulabells Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

58 minutes ago, LulabellsAmour said:

Lillith it seems as if all the Linden homes are laggy.  Can you suggest a place I can go to get dressed that is not laggy?

Cindy I did go to the store and ask for redelivery but they sent me the v5.x.

Thank you both for your suggestions.

Why do you not want to use the latest version?

As for lag, set up a one prim platform 3000 ft above your Linden home parcel. There shouldn't be any lag up there. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

As for lag, set up a one prim platform 3000 ft above your Linden home parcel. There shouldn't be any lag up there. 

If the server-side "the sim is on its knees, pleading for mercy" script load is way too high and literally freezes the whole place, you can be at any altitude and it won't make a difference.

The Sargasso sim is one of my run to places, for example.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

If the server-side "the sim is on its knees, pleading for mercy" script load is way too high and literally freezes the whole place, you can be at any altitude and it won't make a difference.

The Sargasso sim is one of my run to places, for example.

Interesting, I've never seen that happen. However, the Linden Homes are not at the "pleading for mercy" point, so I still encourage the OP to give a skybox/platform a try. 

3 hours ago, LulabellsAmour said:

Lillith it seems as if all the Linden homes are laggy.  Can you suggest a place I can go to get dressed that is not laggy?

Most of the lag that people experience at the Linden Homes is due to all the objects and textures rezzed around then.  When you are in your Linden Home, reduce your draw distance way down. 

Or, as Sylvia mentioned, just put a sky platform or skybox way up high.

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:
3 hours ago, LulabellsAmour said:

Why do you not want to use the latest version?

I have the v5 update, but have not actually switched to it yet.  Primarily because I've been too lazy to want to deal with a part of myself being new stuff that I have to learn.

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I have the v5 update, but have not actually switched to it yet.  Primarily because I've been too lazy to want to deal with a part of myself being new stuff that I have to learn.

You don't have to learn anything, just keep doing what you know. it does have two extra foot positions which are great for pictures. I use it even though I still haven't learned the more advanced stuff. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Most of the lag that people experience at the Linden Homes is due to all the objects and textures rezzed around then.  When you are in your Linden Home, reduce your draw distance way down. 

Or, as Sylvia mentioned, just put a sky platform or skybox way up high.

A skybox, ok thanks, now my next question is how do I put in a skybox?

10 minutes ago, LulabellsAmour said:

A skybox, ok thanks, now my next question is how do I put in a skybox?

Easiest way is to first rez a flat prim on your land, at ground level - rez a box and set the Z Size value to 0.05.  Stretch the X & Y sizes to the edges of your parcel, but not over the boundaries -- you can show your parcel boundaries via one of the menu options.  Once it is roughly the size of your parcel, sit on the edge of the platform (right click and select Sit). Then Edit the platform and change the Z value in the edit Position box to 2500 (or any value above 2000).  That will put you and the platform in the sky.  Stand up - and immediately Fly to keep from plummeting to the ground - and then just fly up to stand on your platform.

Find a skybox that you want to use (lots of cheap ones on the MP) and make sure it is no larger than 32x32 in size since that is the size of your parcel (smaller is better as that gives you more play room for positioning it). If the skybox does not come in a rez box, then on your sky platform, first open the edit window.  Then grab the skybox in inventory and drag it to roughly the middle of your platform.  Hopefully, you'll have good aim and end up with the skybox roughly in the middle, but since you are in edit mode, you'll also be able to move it around as needed.

If the skybox happens to use a rezbox, I'd probably go to a Premium Sandbox to check out the rezzing first. Rezzing it at a sandbox can let you know where the skybox rezzes in relation to the rezbox -- this is important because if too much of the skybox tries to rez off of your parcel, it will fail to rez.  Additionally, some rezboxes will rez items way off to the size before sending them back to their final location and that can sometimes be difficult if those "off to the side locations" are outside of your parcel.  So after rezzing the skybox, make note of how things are positioned, including which direction (N,S,W,E) things rez in relation to the rezbox.  All of that info will help you place the rezbox on your own platform.

a thing I learned from Qie, the last time mounting skyboxes was discussed on here, was to rez the skybox on the parcel on the ground or on top of the Linden home if necessary then turn on menu World \ Show \ Property Lines. Check/ensure that the skybox is within the parcel property lines

then check out the sky at various levels so to put the skybox in some clear space.  Either by using a TPV teleport function, or in the Linden viewer set yourself to Flying.Open the World Map and change the Teleport Location Z parameter to whiz up and down in the sky

when find a clear space in the sky then note the Z (height) value and back down to the ground. Right-click and Edit the skybox. Set Position Z to the sky height. Then whiz back up to the height, create a Landmark and done

50 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

You don't have to learn anything, just keep doing what you know. it does have two extra foot positions which are great for pictures. I use it even though I still haven't learned the more advanced stuff. 

My experience is the same. Nothing to learn unless you want to; otherwise slap it on and go!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LulabellsAmour said:

Thank you both for your suggestions.

The sky box is a good answer. I have one that I use for photography. Sort of a green screen room. But, I also use it to test viewer performance. In the sky box I'll see frames twice to 3 times what I get at ground level.

You can get a teleport gizmo to jump up to and down from the sky box.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.