Are you...enjoying the lockdown?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20 hours ago, LittleMzChilliHead said:

Last time I mentioned this, I was terrified about the coronavirus. Genuinely in tears. I know this sounds terrible but I'm actually enjoying the lockdown now. The air seems clearer, there's less noise at night and I get to spend loads of time chilling out and reading. Actually - I don't want the lockdown to end! I don't want to go back to how things were. 

I know some people will get angry and call me a troll and think I'm disrespecting the dead or making light of people's pain but I wonder, is anyone else actually OK about the lockdown? For me it's gone from a nightmare to a nice extended holiday. I never realized social distancing could be so relaxing. I'm so less stressed. 

isolationism is a tricky thing. some people it drives them nuts. some panic over it, some dont. some people come out on the other side completely screwed up in the head, others are freed of many unhealthy previous habits.

its not an easy thing to deal with especially if someone was an extrovert or social butterfly. but most introverts can deal with this fairly easily since its right up their alley on how they normally acted.

learning to cope with the social distancing can help a person realize they dont have to need or have other people in their life all the time to be happy. It is quite peaceful and enlightening having to deal with it. You break connections with all those unhealthy people that were in your life and with bad habits or concerns about what others think about you.

In the end it will either drive you crazy, or lead you on a path of peace and tranquility when alone. No more codependency on others. No more fear of being alone or ignored by others. no more need to be the center of attention or with the 'in crowds'.

being an introvert it really hasnt affected my life much. I already was socially distant or isolated most of the time to begin with by choice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn’t say ‘enjoying’ but we are definitely adapting. I’m choosing to look at it as a challenge to be more resourceful and taking it as a time to also do a big Spring Cleaning, which leaves me satisfyingly tired and not prone to overthink. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm enjoying it!
I've always done a lot  of work from home and one bonus I didn't expect was that instead of having to write original helper documentation for students with a cognitive disability, is that
because of "working from home for teaching staff" I am now able to access the formerly "secret/tutor only" database of course information!
Making my job an absolute walk in the park.
All I have to do now is compare my original docs with the database info and include any little thing I might have missed in an easy to understand format. 
Now I can concentrate on creation of animations/app style power-point presentations explaining all the really complicated stuff step by step including all the relevant equations.
Therefore the data I provide to students is even easier to understand now than it was before!
W0.0T!   
Ps: I wont be telling the teachers though, they're heavily unionised and I'm only a casual staff member.
They'd spit the dummy if they knew I could access that database now. 😝☺️

Edited by Maryanne Solo
No dummy emoji :(
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:

I’m choosing to look at it as a challenge to be more resourceful and taking it as a time to also do a big Spring Cleaning, which leaves me satisfyingly tired and not prone to overthink. 

I did this too and found it very satisfactory...helped me kind of make order out of all the disorder.  However, it's done and now I don't want to do much.  It could be a bit of depression and sadness for me setting in. 

To the OP:  I'd much rather have my freedom to roam about as I used too...so it's a no for me.  

I worked at home in the 1990's pioneering Ebay and Paypal...it takes a lot of self motivation to work at home and there are times when I was like I just gotta get outta here.  Meaning out of the house.  

But, I'm going through feelings of "I gotta get out of here" with this lockdown, and then I think "where is safe?" 

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely not. 
I'm an ambivert, I do need some alone time, and I used to self-isolate myself before and much more severely. But then I got help, because I realised that it didn't do me any good. With that help, I've managed to conquer my fears somewhat, and managed to go out on a regular basis, make connections, face people. I got better. I enjoyed it.

Now? I feel like I'm regressing. I want to go out and have Lunch with my Friends. I want to go shopping. I want to visit my Arts and Crafts Workshop. Instead, I'm sitting here 24/7, only go outside once a week to get food. At least I still have help because I'm having assisted living for people with mental health problems. I can only imagine how much worse I'd do without them right now. But of course, it's not enough. 

The constant stress of not seeing an end to it all is driving me bonkers; I don't mix well with uncertainty, never have, never will.
I cannot trael to visit my boyfriend - he lives across the country, it's a 11h trainride I happily take to see him once a month. Usually.

Edited by Sukubia Scarmon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The only good thing is that I don't have to explain that I have too much pain or are too exhausted to do things and visits. It is always the same questions, are you not better yet, what does the doctor say, I read about a woman who has the same diagnose as you and got well when she took C-vitamins (insert other vitamin/mineral/prayer/voodoo here).

I get tired of their loud talk and their too many annoying questions. I am mostly introvert.

I miss so many other things. People/social events I actually want to visit. No library. No swimming pool, no physiotherapist, no cinema. No casual strolling in shops and looking at things. Inspecting things, lifting them up, turning them around is not allowed. Touch only what you buy. I miss times when people could walk close to each other, now I or they jump aside.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I'm not seeing much change, but it will be nice to see my family more and not be afraid to order out, so not ENJOYING it, no.

Mind you I won't be in a rush to see this lockdown end until the world realizes that we need to slow down as a society. This will happen again. Heck, it might even have to happen again thanks to this very same illness. We can't keep everything shut down forever, but we cannot afford to keep flicking the proverbial switch in both directions on even a somewhat routine basis, either. If this is the new normal for how we deal with pandemics such as this, then we NEED to find a new normal for life in general, and make a routine effort to minimize the frequency of these things. Wouldn't hurt to take some lessons here as far as dealing with influenza, either. Covid-19 is a plus-1, meaning all other health matters are continuing. Heart attacks, influenza, strokes, car accidents are all still happening. If we can control influenza a little better with more frequent hand washing, slowing down as a society and taking a page out of the covid-19 response book, future severe pandemics won't be such a strain on health care.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not enjoying it at all mainly because I'm not allowed to participate. I work in a grocery store and have been working throughout. Being a bit of a social loner (I'd probably be a hermit if I were single), I'm a little envious of those who are being affected by the lockdown. I'd have a lot more time to write, draw and wander SL as well as reading forums. At least I don't have the added stressors of worrying how I'm going to pay my bills, though. Hope everyone stays safe and healthy out there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I get the feeling many online were not leaving home much anyways. so it might just be a 'normal time' for many online.

Don't worry if things get back to 'Normal' theirs always the next lockdown at the end of the year/early next year.😷

• Thanks 1

This pandemic is the worst thing I can remember ever living through. My own life feels serene, and in a way it feels like someone has pressed the "reset" button. It has given me clarity about a relationship I was unsure about in real life.

But I am HATING the uncertainty, and constantly aware of death being nearby. I live very close to our main hospital, and have neighbours who work there in various capacities.  They feel damned if they do, damned if they don't and just carry on.  We have lost some wonderful members of our society already to this virus, including a well-loved and respected retired head teacher, several medical staff, and it just feels like it's going to go on and on and on, because too many people are not adhering to the social distancing measures, and hand washing to some is an alien concept.  

The government are having to be seen doing something, holding meetings, giving speeches now and then about the possible way forward, but the thought of lock down even being partially lifted fills me with absolute dread.  Thinking back to seven weeks ago, when I had the most perfect day of my life, with such freedom and happiness, walking for miles in the open countryside, chatting to other walkers, petting dogs, sitting in close proximity to people in a pub when enjoying a superb meal I didn't have to cook or clear up after, yet even then there had already been deaths registered attributable to COVID-19, "flattening the curve" still means we are only at the centre of the woods, not anywhere near out of it. 

I don't feel like spring cleaning, I don't feel like gardening, I am living for today, and carrying out necessary tasks, as I always do, for my disabled brother as the priority. Any time outside of that situation has to be for as much leisure and pleasure I can squeeze in, because I don't know if in a month's time I shall still be well enough to enjoy the good stuff.

The lock down stinks! But I just can't see it ending any time soon. And it mustn't end, until it is safe enough to be brought to an end.

• Thanks 1

In general it is annoying. I'm not sure what I dislike more, the inability to go to a restaurant or the damned preaching of the folks talking about their damned flat curve.  On the other hand, being a misanthropic agoraphobic means that I don't have to do things I hate to do, like go out and be with people.  So on the whole, it does not bother me very much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

oh hi again x) well i'm not enjoying it, but i try to deal with it :3 between news, movies, sl, other videogames, excercise, cleaning, cooking and stuff i'm trying my best to not get bored or stressed 😛 oh, i've been uploading pics on my flickr, doing some short stories just to pass the time, i guess here we'll be in quarantine like forever xD our gov is laughting stuff... so i'm not enjoying it but is not that bad 😛

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.