SECOND LIFE DOES NOT GIVE MY LINDEN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello to everyone!

First of all, I was not logging into Second Life for a long time. On April 13, I entered my account to send Linden to my girlfriend and bought a linden worth $ 5.35 on my credit card. Even though this money was taken from my card, my lindenes were not given to me. After that, I sent a message to the support team explaining the situation and they returned within 3 days. In the answer given to me, I was asked to answer security questions. But I couldn't remember the name of my pet. I told this to the support staff, but the response sent 1 day later was the same, I was asked to answer the security steps again. Since I could not enter the game for a long time, I could not answer. I sent my bank payment history, that is, the picture of second life withdrawing money from my account. I did my best to prove that the account I used was mine. And finally I answered the Security question that I thought I remembered and sent a message back to the support team, it has been 4 days since I sent the message and there is still no answer. I can't get 1000 Linden, which I've been paying for 9 days, and no one helps me. If you support me here, maybe they will give me a refund, at least this process will speed up. I am waiting for your help, thank you.

kaopat.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

HOW DO YOU FORGET THE NAME OF YOUR PET?!

I’m 50 and I can remember the names of every pet I’ve ever had (RIP Jamie Somers, the goldfish I had for about 3 hours when I was 7).

Yup, me too ... George was my goldfish, won at a funfair in the late 60's

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SSilverBullet said:

If you support me here, maybe they will give me a refund, at least this process will speed up. I am waiting for your help, thank you.

That's not how it works.

You may be able to get a refund or charge reversal via your credit card. Meanwhile, keep at LL customer support. Don't yell at them. Don't be a d1ck about it. (Not saying you have been, just don't start.) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Hey there SSilverBullet,

I'm sorry to hear that you had an issue making a transaction and your wait with your current open case.

We are currently experiencing a bit of a backlog, so our replies may be slightly delayed, however rest assured you will receive a response to your case as soon as possible. If you have any additional questions or concerns about this issue I highly recommend you refer to your current open case.

Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

HOW DO YOU FORGET THE NAME OF YOUR PET?!

I’m 50 and I can remember the names of every pet I’ve ever had (RIP Jamie Somers, the goldfish I had for about 3 hours when I was 7).

I can remember most of them, but unless I write it down, I wouldn't necessarily remember what I answered to a Pet question.  I have 2 favorites that I rotate between.

• Like 2

Hello @SSilverBullet!  All the talk about your security question is fine, but we might have missed something.

Usually, when someone buys $L, and then doesn't get them, it's because they placed a "Limit Buy".  When you go to the Buy $L page, you see these two windows...

image.thumb.png.6b5f03b2402a3f080ba4df5ee4e0332e.png

If you used the "Best Rate Buy" window on the right, you actually made an OFFER to buy at some exchange rate.  If the actual exchange rate never gets to the number you offered, then your order will never be filled.  But you can cancel an open order.  Go to the LindEx section of your Dashboard page, and click "Manage" (right next to "Buy $L").  Click "LindEx Order History".  Look for any Open Orders.  If you find any, you can cancel them.  The money will not go back to your credit card...it will go into your $USD Balance.  You can then use it to place a Market Buy (the left window in the image above) to get your $L right away.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

That's not how it works.

You may be able to get a refund or charge reversal via your credit card. Meanwhile, keep at LL customer support. Don't yell at them. Don't be a d1ck about it. (Not saying you have been, just don't start.) 

My experience is that if SL Support can help you, they will.

The secret is to remain polite, and be very clear about what you find wrong.  My advice to everyone on support requests is to take screenshots - of everything that goes wrong.

Oh, and get a Password Manager (I use Bitwarden) and use it to remember your pet names too.

• Thanks 1

I had a goldfish but I really don't remember its name.

I had a budgie, which was called Jackie, and which had asthma, so didn't live that long.

After that I wasn't allowed any pets. I think that maybe why I'm indifferent to pets now.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, SSilverBullet said:

I never had a pet because my family doesn't like too many animals. So I don't have a name I will remember.

thats making it even worse.. you had a choice whát secret question to use .. place of birth/mothers maiden name/street where you grew up ..... and you pick something that didn't excist.

btw.. it's not wise to buy such small amounts .. your average additional cost to buy is 25 % now .. even if you buy only for around USD 10 it's already halved

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

479/5000

Hello again

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their answers. @Lindal Kidd I went to the purchase history window you mentioned and couldn't find any open orders there. I seem to have bought it with the Market Buy option. The support team sent me a message today and asked for evidence to confirm that my account is mine. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can prove that the account belongs to me except my e-mail address, bank statement screen and phone number?

1 hour ago, SSilverBullet said:
479/5000

Hello again

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their answers. @Lindal Kidd I went to the purchase history window you mentioned and couldn't find any open orders there. I seem to have bought it with the Market Buy option. The support team sent me a message today and asked for evidence to confirm that my account is mine. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can prove that the account belongs to me except my e-mail address, bank statement screen and phone number?

I'm surprised support didn't give you examples of what they would consider as acceptable forms of evidence. Maybe you could ask them.

If it's your credit card that's linked to this sl account, then you could show them a form of ID to prove that you are the credit card holder. Or something to that effect.

The email address can be changed once you're logged in so not sure if email would prove anything. But I'm just guessing here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.