The Good Ole Days!

Eggy UwU

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 4/21/2020 at 5:27 PM, Rhonda Huntress said:

100930_002.png.430a782d82059eb5d873cd0cfa4058dc.png

This is one of the oldest pics I can find.  Somewhere around 2009 or so.

Wow, just WOW...

edit: Btw I was referring to the face, eyes, ad hair. And the eyes, did I mention the eyes????

I mean, the outfit and skin are lovely, too, but everything about the shoulders it just a dream...

Edited by CaerolleClaudel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'll dig around and see if I still have it,  but when I first started SL,  I was a teenager.

This is before the grid merge, so I only had a certain amount of time to be online.

My avatar looked awful, black long hair, black skirt, white skin' it was just.. It was made of nightmares.   Us teenagers weren't gifted with creators, a lot of made our own stuff.

• Like 2

I traced back this.

5826239821_0e8153f456_o(1).thumb.jpg.7d5e511faef8ab54fa35858fff37bc2d.jpg

He predates TDD. He's much different than I am now. It's from late 2010.

It hurts to see it. He was a-sexual. He was a good guy. He was a part of my identity which did not make it .

I cannot stop crying.

5826848228_c3e611752a_o.png.93b4c6702fdbf7f1d1dd12e3dba34f9a.png

Leave me alone. I mean it.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Pretty sure I’ve already posted the first one on here somewhere.. The first was from 2013 when I had first joined, the second must’ve been 2015? but my God I looked atrocious!! Seriously who was letting me walk around looking like this?! Lmao..upgrading to mesh was the best decision I ever made. 

513B7DC6-603C-495C-9B63-8BA8A76A60C4.png

75612F00-5F76-4B1A-9ADA-DECBD449C914.png

Edited by InventedSuicide
  • Like 6

I posted this recently in a similar thread.  It's a recreation using the original shape and clothing from my arrival in April 2005. I wish I still had the first photos. :/ 

April 2005 Garnet Recreation.jpg

To make things a little more interesting, this is a long-retired alt from 2006.

H2006.jpg

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

This is from around September or October 2007, although I rezzed August 2007. I think it took me a full month to find out one could take photos in-world. Or, how to do it. It's the oldest one I can lay my hands on. 

Evolution of Elora - Getting Much Better

I had that same top!!! I actually think it was part of a top+ gown skirt set, I loved it

• Like 2

The first picture was taken in 2006 very soon after I joined SL. I'd just finished customising my avatar from one of the starter ones. It was taken before I'd even discovered skins so I just had the very basic system skin colouring.

The second picture was taken today, dressed in a loosely equivalent style.   As you'll see, I still use a 'system' avatar today!

2006 2020.jpg

Edited by Conifer Dada
  • Like 6

I posted some on another, similar thread (didn't realize there were two, and this one is older!), and I've been digging through some files and I still can't find the ones I am looking for and I do NOT throw out photos. 

This is very early SR, probably the first 6 months. I recognize the top as Zaara. The background was from an art installation by... I think Glyph Graves (sp???)

The second is about the same time with my friend @Perrie Juran on heaven knows what region. That's sometime in 2010. ETA: WHAT is up with my hands?! Did we have Slink hands in 2010?

3rd is earlier still and was because of an old, old forum thing where someone was known as "the hat" and this was a silly photo. Also 2010

4th is the same time as 3, and is a rare picture of my now defunct alt, Leai, also getting in on the hat goofing.

5th is VERY early 2009, noob, first house I ever bought which was this cool grotto. I still hadn't finished tweaking my head in this one, which I had done by later 2009/2010.

Snapshot_013.png

Snapshot_014.png

hat_001.png

leai hat_002.png

in-the-grotto-medieval_001 2009.jpg

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 3

On 5/9/2020 at 12:47 PM, Conifer Dada said:

The first picture was taken in 2006 very soon after I joined SL. I'd just finished customising my avatar from one of the starter ones. It was taken before I'd even discovered skins so I just had the very basic system skin colouring.

The second picture was taken today, dressed in a loosely equivalent style.   As you'll see, I still use a 'system' avatar today!

2006 2020.jpg

Looking at the 2006 image, I feel someone should tell me "Now, THESE, Kira, are real jaggies!" 😜

P.S. Is that the same system ai from 2006 you use in the 2020 shot? Cuz for a system avi, that's not half-bad, even.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Looking at the 2006 image, I feel someone should tell me "Now, THESE, Kira, are real jaggies!" 😜

P.S. Is that the same system ai from 2006 you use in the 2020 shot? Cuz for a system avi, that's not half-bad, even.

I have refined the system shape a bit since 2006 so it's not quite the same. The first picture was taken when I'd just finished playing about with the sliders for the first time. It's a bit jagged because I had to enlarge it somewhat - SL screen resolution wasn't quite that bad, even in 2006!  

Edited by Conifer Dada
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.