Oooooops this is Real Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was just chatting to someone and recalled the time I started to give Cindy's name at the doctors rather than my real name.  Then remembered the time I embarrassed my children by shouting I LOVE THIS TUNE while out food shopping.  There was also the time I spent 2 days tearing my house apart looking for this blue blouse I knew I had bought, only to remember my alt actually bought the blue blouse that I was thinking of.

So my question for you guys is when have you had a silly ooops moment where SL and RL became blurred and left you red faced.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

don't worry to much yet.. it only gets really serious when you would cook more for dinne when you expect Jason to come :) .. ( or is that his big secret? )

I don't know what you mean.  He is out there doing the dishes isn't he?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's perhaps not embarrassing, but it might be relevant! I'm far more social and confident in SL, and then when planning to do something requiring such skills IRL, I remember that I'm not.

But why not? Both versions are, after all, me. Why should I only be confident in one instance?

Sometimes, thinking like that actually works, and I manage to naturally channel the virtual extroversion.

Edited by Cinos Field
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

So my question for you guys is when have you had a silly ooops moment where SL and RL became blurred and left you red faced.  

Nods to the singing along loud and then realizing they all are looking at me, while I am frantically trying to hit the mute button - and surprise they do not have in the ale of the RL supermarket 😂

And I have caught my self looking for the LI numbers, when shopping online RL, ehmm... well, it is quite funny, how things sometimes blur into each other.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

When my husband and I first met in RL, I remember us both commenting on the fact that the bed had no pink or blue balls.

It was a long time ago...

You just reminded me of when my friend flew from OZ to the UK and we went on holiday to Amsterdam.  We spent the whole holiday calling each other by our SL names 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

I look for neck seams on news readers on the TV. Does that count?

I expect a lot of them to be fake.

I alt-click on stills too.

And probably other stuff that I don't notice.

Edited by Ardy Lay
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Amina Sopwith said:

When my husband and I first met in RL, I remember us both commenting on the fact that the bed had no pink or blue balls.

That can be fixed in RL very easily by a woman!

I can't seem to write a letter (with an actual pen) these days without using "Lol", "LMAO", etc! That's more a general 'online' problem than SL though.

3 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

So my question for you guys is when have you had a silly ooops moment where SL and RL became blurred

Sometimes, when I take a pee, I look down and think "There's no way on God's green Earth anyone would ever pay L$ 1000 for that!".....then get depressed for the rest of the day!  😞

• Haha 4

My RL name is also Lewis, and my RL last name also begins with L. I've caught myself signing documents at work as "Lewis Luminos". Fortunately I've always spotted it in time and managed to reprint it before handing it to my manager, or a customer.

Also once, many years ago I was walking past a high wall in the city when I heard noises coming from the other side (construction site). I stopped and actually physically did that little pre-jump, thinking for a split second that I could fly up to see over the wall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, BelindaN said:

I look for neck seams on news readers on the TV. Does that count?

I once saw someone in RL who looked exactly like one of the popular male freebie skins from way back (it was a pretty good quality freebie for the day, so consequently lots of guys wore it - the one with the circular Celtic tattoo on the stomach). I resisted the urge to say that I could tell it was a freebie. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I am constantly "cam shopping" on web pages trying to Alt Click and rotate images.

And it really pisses me off when it doesn't work and I'm desperately trying to see a photo from another angle. 

Also happens when I'm watching... er... adult entertainment videos. Damn it, that is not the angle I want!

• Haha 4

I routinely attempt SL UI maneuvers on websites, like many of you. Those don't bother me.

I haven't really slipped up yet, but I can see the day coming. The closest I've got was in nearly saying to Mom, "Oh, I recently discussed that while sitting in a volcano with a friend of mine". I quickly changed "volcano" to "cafe".

• Haha 4

Oh geez, there have been so many over the years of what I call "You know you've been spending too much time in SL when..." moments.

In RL looking and looking for a dress I wanted to wear, going from room to room, checking laundry... then it dawns on me that the dress is Seicher's. Did the same with a sweater once, but at least then the RL sweater is very close to the SL one, I just wanted to wear the SL version.

Yup, clicking on images and wanting to rotate views.

Seeing a pretty sky in RL and wondering what Windlight it is. (Not AS crazy as it sounds, it is more like "What WL would I have to use to get this sky in SL?")

I know there are others but right now those are the most regular ones. Yeah, regular. Shup. Don't judge.

It may help to understand that I sometimes mash my car door fob, for unlocking the car, to try to get my apartment door to open...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.