Jump to content
AStormieDay

Is this at all possible?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I’m not very familiar with how these things work, and while I do understand they suggest the recommended rate and also people say to go with the best top 3 I was curious of this was at all possible and if so how long exactly would it take (as it states 22 hours in the photo then later said 5 days) this is out of curiosity and the desire to maybe even attempt it (if I haven’t already <_<‘) I apologize for my ignorance, please try to be as “dumb” as possible when you explain to me as I’m not that great at understanding things to begin with ( probably cause I’m stubborn ) also apologize in advance of this is the wrong forum to place this in and would be grateful for it to be placed in the proper one 🙂 thank you! ❤️

E0C92CCF-DC3F-4913-A644-9B8387C6EA33.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

at a 5000 to 1 rate then 22 hours and then 5 days is the system's polite way of saying the estimated time to fill is never

try a rate closer to a little bit above the average if you want your buy order to fill

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's an exchange with prices based on orders from people who want to buy, and orders from people who want to sell.  Your example is so far out of the normal range that I doubt that it would ever get filled. 

If you did go ahead and place the order, it can be cancelled - if you go to the 'Manage' link on your dashboard sidebar (right next to the link for buying L$'s) you should be able to find the order and cancel it.  The money that you were charged for the cancelled order would be returned to your USD balance on your account, and you could then use that to purchase L$'s with the Market Buy rate, or try a rate in the Limit Buy that is much more reasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You need to leave the buy order as it is which is 268 Lindens and at 268 Lindens it is NOT EVEN a savings of 1.00 U.S. dollar...it's pennies and nickels. You could try 270, 275, etc. but you'd need to buy a whole lot more than 2500 Lindens for it to be worth it as the difference at 270, 275 for 2500 Lindens is still less than $1.00 U.S. dollar.  

You cannot put 5000 in that box.  No one is going to sell to you period.  

You change the amount of Lindens you want in the QUANTITY box, the box below where you put the 5000 not the box where you wrote 5000.  That's total dreaming and absolutely false that anyone would sell to you period.  

268 Lindens equals 1 U.S. dollar, not 5000 Lindens (as you wrote in) equals 1 U.S. dollar.  

The BEST BUY RATE is currently 268 Lindens equals 1 U.S. dollar.  

Edited by FairreLilette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

at a 5000 to 1 rate then 22 hours and then 5 days is the system's polite way of saying the estimated time to fill is never

 

41 minutes ago, Moira Timmerman said:

It's an exchange with prices based on orders from people who want to buy, and orders from people who want to sell.  Your example is so far out of the normal range that I doubt that it would ever get filled. 

 

40 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

You cannot put 5000 in that box.  No one is going to sell to you period.  

So if thats impossible to fill, what is possible? (if I want the exchange rate to be higher? ) in other words, how can I get more L$ for Less usd $ and get a successful fill? 

 

(Again this is all curiosity.) thank you for your replies and patience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, AStormieDay said:

 

 

So if thats impossible to fill, what is possible? (if I want the exchange rate to be higher? ) in other words, how can I get more L$ for Less usd $ and get a successful fill? 

 

(Again this is all curiosity.) thank you for your replies and patience.

The Best Buy Rate or I think they write Best Rate buy is currently 268 Lindens for 1 U.S. dollar.  You could write in the top box 270, 272 (something close to 268) but you'd need to buy a lot of Lindens for it to even be worth it.  

Try putting in 270 in the top box and then 50,000 in the QUANTITY box and see what the savings is.  However, 268 is a good price.  It was 250 lindens for 1 U.S. dollar for a long time.  

See my screenshot below to see what the difference is 'if' I was going to try for 270 Lindens per 1 U.S. dollar.  

Screenshot (70).png

Edited by FairreLilette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I have only used the Limit Buy once or twice, when I was purchasing a large enough amount where it really made a difference.  Most likely I went with the default that displays in the Limit Buy window, because at the amount I was buying that was a substantial enough difference for me, and I didn't want to have my money tied up for too long waiting for the order to be filled. 

As Fairre has suggested, play around with increasing the 268 / 1 USD rate slightly.  If you are not in a hurry to receive the L$'s, you could try some rate not too far from the 268 / 1, and then wait to see if it fills within an acceptable time for you.  You can always cancel the order if it doesn't fill if it goes too long without being filled.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In general, a Limit Buy at the first, second, or third rate shown in the list is "possible".  An offer at 268 would fill fairly quickly, probably in less than a day.  An offer at 269 might take a week to fill, and an offer at 270 would require a good bit of patience.  You CAN make offers at higher values, but as you can see from the market data, the $L does not vary a lot, and it can be a very long time before the trading range changes more than 1 or 2 points.

By "the list" I mean the list of open orders shown below the purchase box...see the yellow arrow in the image below.

buyL.thumb.jpg.536a65c29049564247ec1fd65c373ae0.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the reason im trying to get the most L$ for 10 USD$ is because thats all I have available, hence why im asking whats the highest amount exchange rate to get most L$ possible.. but since it doesnt seem anyone thinks going above the top 3 rates I guess Im S.O.L and need to just go with what is recommended...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AStormieDay said:

I’m not very familiar with how these things work, and while I do understand they suggest the recommended rate and also people say to go with the best top 3 I was curious of this was at all possible and if so how long exactly would it take (as it states 22 hours in the photo then later said 5 days) this is out of curiosity and the desire to maybe even attempt it (if I haven’t already <_<‘) I apologize for my ignorance, please try to be as “dumb” as possible when you explain to me as I’m not that great at understanding things to begin with ( probably cause I’m stubborn ) also apologize in advance of this is the wrong forum to place this in and would be grateful for it to be placed in the proper one 🙂 thank you! ❤️

E0C92CCF-DC3F-4913-A644-9B8387C6EA33.jpeg

I think it might fill, just a bit before the heat-death of the sun...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I think it might fill, just a bit before the heat-death of the sun...

I kinda agree with you at this point

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, AStormieDay said:

the reason im trying to get the most L$ for 10 USD$ is because thats all I have available, hence why im asking whats the highest amount exchange rate to get most L$ possible.. but since it doesnt seem anyone thinks going above the top 3 rates I guess Im S.O.L and need to just go with what is recommended...

if you are not in any hurry, try it somewhere within the high 260s and low 270s range see how you get on. If you don't get a bite then cancel the order and make another one at some lower rate

while $US10 is not a huge sum in real money relative to the volumes on the Lindex, an extra  L$10 is still worth trying to get when we only have $US10 to spend. L$10 can buy a nice garment in a shop sale. Or be the difference in being able to buy a higher price item and not being able to buy it at all

Edited by Mollymews
or be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

if you are not in any hurry, try it somewhere within the high 260s and low 270s range see how you get on. If you don't get a bite then cancel the order and make another one at some lower rate

while $US10 is not a huge sum in real money relative to the volumes on the Lindex, an extra  L$10 is still worth trying to get when we only have $US10 to spend. L$10 can buy a nice garment in a shop sale. Or be the difference in being able to buy a higher price item and not being able to buy it at all

I will try that. thank you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I think it might fill, just a bit before the heat-death of the sun...

*If* economies crash all over the world, I'd think LL would fold (close up shop) before filling a buy order of 5000 Linden per 1 U.S. dollar. 

We are going into what is called a "buyer's market"...buyer's will have the upper hand since less money to spend.  The one with the best deals would win in an economic collapse.  

_________________________________________________

To the OP:  There is something called Linden Realms.  I am not sure how to play it but you supposedly can win Lindens by finding crystals.  

This was all the info I could find on it currently....a web address if you are interested.  

http://lindenrealms.wikia.com

 

Edited by FairreLilette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AStormieDay said:

the reason im trying to get the most L$ for 10 USD$ is because thats all I have available, hence why im asking whats the highest amount exchange rate to get most L$ possible.. but since it doesnt seem anyone thinks going above the top 3 rates I guess Im S.O.L and need to just go with what is recommended...

Everyone wants to get the most for their money!  One way to get more is to BUY more.  By that, I mean buy in larger quantities.  You'll notice that there is a $1.49 "transaction fee" charged.  This is a fixed amount, regardless of the size of your purchase.  That means that as your purchase becomes larger, that fee becomes a smaller percentage of your total.  You get a lot "more for your money" by buying $20 USD or $50 USD worth of $L at one time, vs. making several $10 purchases.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...