SL Advertising Beta Ceasing on May 31st

Ai Velde

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just received this e-mail:

Hello,

Thank you for participating in the Second Life Advertising Beta program. Based on our evaluation of the SL Advertising Beta during the last six months, we have decided to discontinue the program on May 31, 2011. Access to advertise.secondlife.com for performance information and data downloads will remain open until June 7, 2011. For those that have active campaigns, we will ensure that all of the impressions that you’ve already paid for are delivered prior to closing the program.

Thanks to all of the Merchants who have helped us test this display advertising beta and for all of your helpful feedback. Your participation and insights will help us drive our ongoing efforts to help you promote your products and services to Second Life shoppers. We look forward to partnering with you on future promotional endeavors.

If you have any questions regarding this announcement, please email sladsbeta@lindenlab.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Signed,

The Second Life Advertising Team

I know a lot of merchants including myself have used or are currently using this program. Thoughts?

I'm disappointed to see it go. I thought it was an excellent service and I feel I got substantially better results from it than any of those ""product enhancements"". Although I know many have also complained about the ads.

Another one bites the dust:smileywink: Ads targeting the Gamers would be better monies spent. Bring back the I Am Legend sims and usher new residents into an instant addiction of SL. I think the Electric Sheep developed the sims and at one time were rumoured to be willing to sell the package outright for about $17K USD [might be cheaper now] . my 2L

I was having a moan about the state of banner advertising earlier in another thread, my hope was that they would do something about it, not get rid of it completely.

I am stunned, why would they get rid of it?, it was supposedly in such high demand that they had to ration what you could buy. What will they put in all those ad spaces on every page?.

Its such a shame it used to be great, expensive but effective,

weird!,I just don't understand

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.