Serious Threat

Kayla Whittaker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was shopping with a male friend of mine at an adult furniture store and when I got an IM from another resident.  He was telling me that he have seen him having "relations" with a child avatar and he as reported him for it.  And he was going to report him again and tag me with the report as we were trying out the adult furniture.  And yes, we were clothed when trying out the furniture also.  In which I told him, I never seen him do a thing like that, so I could say if my friend did this act or not with a child avatar.  But he goes on to say that I need to stop the sex animation of the furniture with him or he was going to report me for child avatar abuse also.  He kept threading me more about it as we went through the animations of the adult furniture we were on and having my account deactivated.  I finally stopped, walked over to the guy that was sending the threats to about it and file my own abuse report.

I have no clue if my friend did that or not.  But if there an abuse report filed once on him for doing that, and then later that same person sees him again and me being with him.  Could LL deactivate me for what he may have allegedly done and me being seen with him?  And there was no child avatar with or around us either while we were there. 

7 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, Kayla Whittaker said:

I was shopping with a male friend of mine at an adult furniture store and when I got an IM from another resident.  He was telling me that he have seen him having "relations" with a child avatar and he as reported him for it.  And he was going to report him again and tag me with the report as we were trying out the adult furniture.  And yes, we were clothed when trying out the furniture also.  In which I told him, I never seen him do a thing like that, so I could say if my friend did this act or not with a child avatar.  But he goes on to say that I need to stop the sex animation of the furniture with him or he was going to report me for child avatar abuse also.  He kept threading me more about it as we went through the animations of the adult furniture we were on and having my account deactivated.  I finally stopped, walked over to the guy that was sending the threats to about it and file my own abuse report.

I have no clue if my friend did that or not.  But if there an abuse report filed once on him for doing that, and then later that same person sees him again and me being with him.  Could LL deactivate me for what he may have allegedly done and me being seen with him?  And there was no child avatar with or around us either while we were there. 

If your avatar is not a child avatar then neither of you would get in trouble, even if the other person submitted an AR.  If he reported your friend for having sex with a child avatar and your friend is still active, then LL resolved it as not being valid.  LL takes those allegations VERY seriously and they investigate immediately.  

Ignore idiots like that. Next time block them so that you don't get any more IMs from them either.  LL is not going to do anything to your account unless YOU are violating the TOS, regardless of what your friend might or might not have done.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kayla Whittaker said:

Could LL deactivate me for what he may have allegedly done and me being seen with him?  And there was no child avatar with or around us either while we were there.

no.  You are not responsible for what others do

and, Linden investigate every Abuse Report citing age inappropriate behaviour.  People get banned when there is actual evidence. Not just because some resident thinks so.  Is a pics or it never happened thing

is a trivial thing for anyone to take a snapshot in SL, recording region and datetime, when filing an Abuse Report

if your friend did this then they will get banned. If they never then they won't. In any case, nothing about this will affect you 

Edited by Mollymews
inapproprirate
  • Like 1

You ask if the Lab CAN... well yeah. The more informed question is to ask "will they?" That answer is 'almost certainly not'.

The Lab does not blindly react to Abuse Reports. They get a complaint and someone is assigned to investigate. The Lab has access to all the server logs and that includes all the chat, local and IM, that happens in SL. So, just as someone may claim Sam shot Albert at Fred's Bar the police will talk to people that were at Fred's or in this case look through the region logs to see who was there. Then the chat logs to see what was going on.

Just the facts.... 

• Like 1

Update... I was sim bouncing and just checking out what action that may be going on.  Then this avatar that is brand new and 0 days old pops into my IMs and says.  "I love U and you are always a Goddess."  I chuckled for a moment... Seeing the age of the avi and said... You must know me from one of your other alts then.  And he told me all of his alts and sure enough... One of his alts was the one I reported and he got banned on that account for "Slander"  

I didn't say another word, just left and blocked him.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Kayla Whittaker It's classic SecondLife.  I see people get banned from my parcel and then a mysterious new person comes to visit right after, same groups, same interests.

I always tell people, especially if you are partnered, protect yourself.  Never be on a poseball afk when others can jump on and take pictures.  I have seen some ugly things come of that in the past.

As for this other one who is making up stories, I sometimes have fun with them when they come.  I just respond with enough comments like "oh", "wow", "I see", "yeah", and let them bury themselves before filing it all in a report.  After all, Linden Labs wants a complete report.  😃

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.