Alternative Body Skins

sugabubu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey, guys! So I currently wear a MUDSKIN face for my face, (it's the MUDSKIN SOL 100) but the body skin is a "Mesh Based Body Skin"--essentially it applies the skin to the base SecondLife body, not the body that I'm wearing. The body I'm wearing is currently the TMP Legacy Perky body, but I also own the Maitreya Lara body. I was wondering if anyone would be able to offer some alternative body applies for the TMP Legacy body -- I wear the shade 100 tone at the moment, if that helps for reference. I'll also upload some pictures just in case anyone thinks they can resolve this issue! For the pictures: This is how the skin looks in world, my graphics are on ultra. I'm wearing a body skin for a different head applier, but trust me: They do not match. The second picture is how the body skin given with the MUDSKIN is. Thank you for any help!

Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 8.02.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 8.02.54 PM.png

You can use your body's Bakes on Mesh (BoM) ability to 'bake' that Mudskin system skin onto the mesh of the body, so that it matches the Mudskin head applier that you want to use. All major mesh body brands now have that ability. You will need to do the following:

• Remove your body's alpha layer (if you're wearing a full head and body alpha you will need to take that off and wear only a head alpha)
  • Add your Legacy Edit HUD and click through to the Apply BOM button as shown below on my male HUD:

bom_legacy.jpg

BoM will not work properly if you're wearing an alpha layer (your body will either appear bright red or invisible if you're still wearing a body alpha), which is why I suggest only wearing a head alpha. You haven't mentioned which brand of head you're wearing, but it looks like it could be Catwa Baisers. If it's a Catwa head, then inside the head's folder you'll find a pack of alpha layers. Wear just the head one that's included.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

BoM will not work properly if you're wearing an alpha layer (your body will appear bright red if you're still wearing a body alpha), which is why I suggest only wearing a head alpha. You haven't mentioned which brand of head you're wearing, but it looks like it could be Catwa Baisers. If it's a Catwa head, then inside the head's folder you'll find a pack of alpha layers. Wear just the head one that's included.

The head I'm wearing is the GENUS Babyface? I don't know if that matters, but nonetheless, it worked! Thank you!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.