Who or What banned me?

meowca

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am on good terms with the people of the sim where I am employed.
However, every weekend at the same time we have a show. Sometimes, I am banned randomly during this show time. Others have also been banned during this time.

When I get banned, I get a notification like "You have been banned. You have 15 seconds to leave the area or you will be ejected."
If I leave before the 15 seconds elapse, I do not get banned.
This issue has been a long term problem. It has made working very difficult.

Is it possible to view What or Who banned me? Please help.

Edited by meowca
Added tags.
  • Sad 1

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, meowca said:

I am on good terms with the people of the sim where I am employed.
However, every weekend at the same time we have a show. Sometimes, I am banned randomly during this show time. Others have also been banned during this time.

When I get banned, I get a notification like "You have been banned. You have 15 seconds to leave the area or you will be ejected."
If I leave before the 15 seconds elapse, I do not get banned.
This issue has been a long term problem. It has made working very difficult.

Is it possible to view What or Who banned me? Please help.

Since you say that it seems to happen when there is a show going on, is it possible that they invoke some sort of Avatar Complexity check and your complexity, by whatever they are using to measure it, is too high?  There are events that do that sort of thing.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Since you say that it seems to happen when there is a show going on, is it possible that they invoke some sort of Avatar Complexity check and your complexity, by whatever they are using to measure it, is too high?  There are events that do that sort of thing.

That is a good question. Since I am normally performing in the show I try to keep my complexity low. However, I have been banned running minimal scripts and with complexity of 29k. I don't think this is it but it is something I have considered.

3 hours ago, meowca said:

That is a good question. Since I am normally performing in the show I try to keep my complexity low. However, I have been banned running minimal scripts and with complexity of 29k. I don't think this is it but it is something I have considered.

best to talk to the parcel/region owner. The message is most likely from a scripted device monitoring complexity.as Lil mentions. A device which can only eject you when owned by the parcel owner, or owned by the group that owns the parcel

the parcel owner should be able to add you and the other performers to the device white list, so you/performers don't get ejected while performing

even tho your complexity may be low ordinarily, you may still be higher than others present, in which case you are at the top of the list to get ejected when the region server FPS drops below the level that the device is set too

Edited by Mollymews
tpeos
  • Like 1

It might also be a practical joke played on you by one of the audience.  Is this message in nearby chat?  If so, it might be coming from a "ventriloquist" object.  When using one of these, a prankster types something into a numbered chat channel.  The device then parrots this text in the Nearby Chat channel, but with a header that makes it look like it's coming from someone else, or from some scripted object.

• Like 1

You seem to be conflating banned and ejected. 

I haven't played with the new Eject & Ban functions in scripting. So, it may be possible to make a security orb that gives you time to leave before ejecting and banning, which would prevent your coming back in. Whatever the case a 15 second warning, or any time frame, is a scripted object at work. Most region/event managers IM and tell you to leave and then click EJECT if you don't. Time is never mentioned.

On 4/19/2020 at 8:52 AM, Nalates Urriah said:

You seem to be conflating banned and ejected. 

I haven't played with the new Eject & Ban functions in scripting. So, it may be possible to make a security orb that gives you time to leave before ejecting and banning, which would prevent your coming back in. Whatever the case a 15 second warning, or any time frame, is a scripted object at work. Most region/event managers IM and tell you to leave and then click EJECT if you don't. Time is never mentioned.

A recent random flyover of a parcel not only ejected me without warning, but added me to a ban list for 14 days. I tried to screen shot it, but the messages disappeared in the top right corner of Firestorm, and not doubled in chat. So it happens to have both at the same time cuz someone is crazy :D

24 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

A recent random flyover of a parcel not only ejected me without warning, but added me to a ban list for 14 days. I tried to screen shot it, but the messages disappeared in the top right corner of Firestorm, and not doubled in chat. So it happens to have both at the same time cuz someone is crazy :D

There definitely are security orbs these days that do that.   If it is within a Bellisseria region, you can report them.  Otherwise, there is nothing that you can do.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Codex Alpha said:

Necromancy was so worth this.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There definitely are security orbs these days that do that.   If it is within a Bellisseria region, you can report them.  Otherwise, there is nothing that you can do.

Right. Yesterday I was perma-banned from some Sansara parcel just for flying over it.

South central Sansara and southwest Satori seem to have the most aggressive security orbs. Heterocera landowners seem to be far less hostile to overflight.

• Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.