Sign in to follow this  
ghoullia95

Shy noob needs friends~

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 89 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi! I've played SL in the past a little bit, but never got like, super into it or anything. But I'm back, and I spent a really long time and a few bucks making a cute avatar and now I don't have anyone to show it to 😓

This is super embarrassing but, I feel like I should say here that I'm a femboy and mostly I came to SL for BDSM/BDSM-adjacent groups. I want to make all kinds of friends on Second Life, but if you have suggestions for noob-friendly groups based on that, let me know~! ❤️

• Like 1

Nothing to be embarrassed about :) People come to SL for many many reasons, and sometimes just to find out what its all about. I am such an introvert to be honest that I rarely get out to make friends.. I know when I did I usually went to clubs to listen to music I liked or went to art shows, or even just sims I liked. Often, those common interests were enough to spark a friendship. I tend to not make the first contact given that I am usually busy working on creating, but I always welcome IMs from people. It reminds me to get out more :) 

• Like 1

I'll have to hard agree with Tess. You just have to find a common ground with others as an ice breaker to make some friends in SL which can be easier said than done. I would also suggest getting lost in using the map feature to find populated places on the mainland but those venues are usually general rated so no adult themes that I know of. 

Also agree with Tess that I just usually stay in one place so I don't get out to make many friends so I am more than happy to throw my hat in the ring to check out your awesome avatar! I love seeing all the different ways people can express themselves and their creativeness through their Avatar's looks! 

4 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

I think making friends via the forums is rare to none, it’s a clique here. 

I get you are salty for not getting as many likes as some other forumites in the how do you look thread but that's no reason to go on a little crusade. Go outside if you can, take a deep breath and let it go.

1 minute ago, So Whimsy said:

I get you are salty for not getting as many likes as some other forumites in the how do you look thread but that's no reason to go on a little crusade. Go outside if you can, take a deep breath and let it go.

The truth is what it is. This forum has a very high school clique mentality and I’m simply telling OP they’d be better finding friends elsewhere and not on here.

You shouldn't expect to find lasting friends by looking for friends either here or in world.

Friendship is a consequence of how we interact with others. I've made lasting friendships from the forums, and from in world, but that's not to say we hang out constantly, we don't.

So just explore, and hang out where you feel comfortable,  and you'll chat and engage with others. Some will become friends over time.

Don't expect too much too soon, its a long game....... :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 89 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.