Shy noob needs friends~

ghoullia95

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1297 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi! I've played SL in the past a little bit, but never got like, super into it or anything. But I'm back, and I spent a really long time and a few bucks making a cute avatar and now I don't have anyone to show it to 😓

This is super embarrassing but, I feel like I should say here that I'm a femboy and mostly I came to SL for BDSM/BDSM-adjacent groups. I want to make all kinds of friends on Second Life, but if you have suggestions for noob-friendly groups based on that, let me know~! ❤️

• Like 1

Nothing to be embarrassed about :) People come to SL for many many reasons, and sometimes just to find out what its all about. I am such an introvert to be honest that I rarely get out to make friends.. I know when I did I usually went to clubs to listen to music I liked or went to art shows, or even just sims I liked. Often, those common interests were enough to spark a friendship. I tend to not make the first contact given that I am usually busy working on creating, but I always welcome IMs from people. It reminds me to get out more :) 

• Like 1

I'll have to hard agree with Tess. You just have to find a common ground with others as an ice breaker to make some friends in SL which can be easier said than done. I would also suggest getting lost in using the map feature to find populated places on the mainland but those venues are usually general rated so no adult themes that I know of. 

Also agree with Tess that I just usually stay in one place so I don't get out to make many friends so I am more than happy to throw my hat in the ring to check out your awesome avatar! I love seeing all the different ways people can express themselves and their creativeness through their Avatar's looks! 

4 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

I think making friends via the forums is rare to none, it’s a clique here. 

I get you are salty for not getting as many likes as some other forumites in the how do you look thread but that's no reason to go on a little crusade. Go outside if you can, take a deep breath and let it go.

1 minute ago, So Whimsy said:

I get you are salty for not getting as many likes as some other forumites in the how do you look thread but that's no reason to go on a little crusade. Go outside if you can, take a deep breath and let it go.

The truth is what it is. This forum has a very high school clique mentality and I’m simply telling OP they’d be better finding friends elsewhere and not on here.

• Like 1

You shouldn't expect to find lasting friends by looking for friends either here or in world.

Friendship is a consequence of how we interact with others. I've made lasting friendships from the forums, and from in world, but that's not to say we hang out constantly, we don't.

So just explore, and hang out where you feel comfortable,  and you'll chat and engage with others. Some will become friends over time.

Don't expect too much too soon, its a long game....... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

you can't claim to be "shy" in SL when you are potentially thousands of miles from any one else, and all you have-to do is teleport out, block them, or close your viewer the moment you feel uncomfortable.

Or do I miss something?

Edited by belindacarson

14 minutes ago, belindacarson said:

you seriously can't claim to be "shy" in SL when you are potentially thousands of miles from any one else, and all you have-to do is teleport out, block them, or close your viewer the moment you feel uncomfortable.

Or do I miss something>? cue the self styled morality police.

You miss something. Shyness involves not being comfortable making the first move; they'd have to "close their viewer" before they met someone.

• Like 3

I'll be your friend. my name is Aaliyah Diamond in world. I understand exactly how you feel. I find it hard to approach people in sl and rl, though I'm less shy now. Friendship takes time, so be patient and interact with people on here and in the forums. Reply to other people's post and see who you share common ground with. Also discover hobbies and activities you like do on secondlife. I have met so many friends in building classes, sandboxes, Live events, and fishing. Don't be intimidated not to say hello to someone, sometimes the best looking avatars could be as lonely as you are.

On 4/22/2020 at 3:02 PM, Ashlyn Voir said:

I think making friends via the forums is rare to none, it’s a clique here. 

I must be very exceptional then because I have made many friends here.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, belindacarson said:

you can't claim to be "shy" in SL when you are potentially thousands of miles from any one else

Of course you can be shy in SL. Shyness has nothing todo with be with being in close physical proximity to others. Its being uncomfortable in social settings, especially when the attention is on you and you have to make the first move. Teleporting away, hiding under the couch in your virtual livingroom for all eternity, blocking people or closing the viewer does not make someone not shy and does not solve shyness.

Edited by Syo Emerald
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1297 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.