Could somebody please take a picture of me?

Alexis Kiyori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everybody.. Not sure where to ask this, but I’m wondering if anyone who would be interested in taking a good picture of my avatar? I have a 💩 laptop and it can handle me having my graphics at low - mid. I’m hoping I can find somebody who has a computer with the power to handle high/ultra graphics to take a picture of me so that I can edit it & make a profile picture? Pleasseeee?? 🙂 

I’m happy to pay commission fee as well!! It would really mean the world to me ❤️ 

6 minutes ago, InventedSuicide said:

Hi everybody.. Not sure where to ask this, but I’m wondering if anyone who would be interested in taking a good picture of my avatar? I have a 💩 laptop and it can handle me having my graphics at low - mid. I’m hoping I can find somebody who has a computer with the power to handle high/ultra graphics to take a picture of me so that I can edit it & make a profile picture? Pleasseeee?? 🙂 

I’m happy to pay commission fee as well!! It would really mean the world to me ❤️ 

ehm.. if your machine can't handle it, how will you manage to get the high detail visible when somebody else makes it?
Create a snapshot at your highest possible settings (very low drawdistance will keep lag lower) and edit it for upload.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, InventedSuicide said:

Surely a picture from somebody else’s screen wouldn’t affect mine?

if your machine can't handle it for sure it will be affected.
But again, if it's for a pic you can make your settings higher for better quality, and as soon you go around again use different settings ( thats what most photographers do)

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

ehm.. if your machine can't handle it, how will you manage to get the high detail visible when somebody else makes it?
Create a snapshot at your highest possible settings (very low drawdistance will keep lag lower) and edit it for upload.

Yes, I'm not sure I'm following your logic here, Alwin. If someone else takes the pic at a higher graphics setting takes the pic, and send the raw file to her, her own graphic settings are irrelevant. She can be at "low" and it won't impact the pic

27 minutes ago, InventedSuicide said:

I think the pics you've posted, like the mermaid one in your profile here, are perfectly nice! But if you really want someone to take a pic of you, I'm going to suggest you ask in the My Avatar board: there are more photographers there.

I don't seem to be very good at taking pics of other people, but if no one else volunteers, I'd be happy to do it for you. No compensation is necessary!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

If someone else takes the pic at a higher graphics setting takes the pic, and send the raw file to her, her own graphic settings are irrelevant. She can be at "low" and it won't impact the pic

she tells she will edit the pic herself, and so upload again.. it will for sure get affected.

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm going to suggest you ask in the My Avatar board:

if it'no discussion, it belongs in wanted. or employment.

16 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

she tells she will edit the pic herself, and so upload again.. it will for sure get affected.

How? If I send her a raw file, and she edits it herself in Photoshop or whatever, and then uploads it as a profile pic -- which she doesn't even need to go in-world to do -- it won't impact on the quality of the pic at all. And even if she does upload it in-world, textures and snaps are unaffected by graphics settings. The only limitation on the quality of the pic is the editing software she uses -- and even then, it couldn't actually degrade the quality of the pic.

16 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

if it'no discussion, it belongs in wanted. or employment.

Ordinarily, I'd agree. But she's been posting her pics in the "How Does your avatar look" thread. She's part of the community, and no one is going to object to a request like this there. We help each other out there all the time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ordinarily, I'd agree. But she's been posting her pics in the "How Does your avatar look" thread. She's part of the community, and no one is going to object to a request like this there. We help each other out there all the time.

so that gives privileges? ..perhaps point to the guidelines for that ..
It's not the point somebody will object, but where it belongs.

Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

so that gives privileges? ..perhaps point to the guidelines for that ..
It's not the point somebody will object, but where it belongs.

Oh yeesh. Don't be so pedantic.

Yes, friendship and community DO give privileges. There'd be no point to them otherwise.

• Like 5

I do not see it a terrible thing to let other's know there is a WANTED SECTION of the forum.

This is a good thing to know, imo.

This is where certain topics like this go, in the WANTED SECTION.  It's a good section.  She may want to use it again and again and again...etc.  

Edited by FairreLilette

2 minutes ago, InventedSuicide said:

Please don’t argue guys..  >.< I don’t mean to cause tension or anything . I’ve sorted it out anyway, my friend done it for me & it turned out great. Can’t wait to show you all❤️

Yay! Post it on "How does your avatar look" so we can all enjoy!

And we're not having a fight. We're just throwing socks at Alwin.

• Like 2

I actually am using a really crappy old behemoth of a laptop myself and on empty sims run like less than 10 FPS. Sometimes if it’s for a quick picture, you can tweak some settings such as draw distance, avatar count, particle count, etc., to sort of make the main focus be on yourself. Then, I put on shadows and such which makes it even worse, but don’t take a huge file size for the picture and usually you can get a good snap that way. At least that’s what I do to go from this to that. 

of course, editing helps a lot too 😊

FF250A98-656E-4493-A374-36E7D8DDAB75.jpeg

FDCF9885-A9D3-4E51-B6C5-05218B9C54F6.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

I actually am using a really crappy old behemoth of a laptop myself and on empty sims run like less than 10 FPS. Sometimes if it’s for a quick picture, you can tweak some settings such as draw distance, avatar count, particle count, etc., to sort of make the main focus be on yourself. Then, I put on shadows and such which makes it even worse, but don’t take a huge file size for the picture and usually you can get a good snap that way. At least that’s what I do to go from this to that. 

of course, editing helps a lot too 😊

FF250A98-656E-4493-A374-36E7D8DDAB75.jpeg

haha i do that to my cam to

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.