Not paid after working.

NrlHnh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm not sure if this is the right section to ask. 

I got a job as estate manager and at first the owner agreed to pay me 1.5k per week. A few days later he suddenly kicked me out of the group. Only after I asked what's going on did he tell me that he could not afford 1.5k. We agreed to go at 500 per week. Yesterday he kicked me out of the group again without explaination. When I asked him, he said "dont message me" and blocked me. In the end after working for a couple of weeks, I didn't receive any kind of payment. 

My question is, can I report this kind of problem to LL? When I tried to report his account, I could not put details and proofs because of the limited space in the report box. How else can I report it?

• Sad 1

6 answers to this question

2 hours ago, NrlHnh said:

I got a job as estate manager and at first the owner agreed to pay me 1.5k per week. A few days later he suddenly kicked me out of the group. Only after I asked what's going on did he tell me that he could not afford 1.5k. We agreed to go at 500 per week. Yesterday he kicked me out of the group again without explaination. When I asked him, he said "dont message me" and blocked me. In the end after working for a couple of weeks, I didn't receive any kind of payment. 

My question is, can I report this kind of problem to LL? When I tried to report his account, I could not put details and proofs because of the limited space in the report box. How else can I report it?

We all end up having to learn the hardway with such peoples,  LL will not get involved.    But take it from some one that's been in SL since 2007, during the massive hay days,  you learn quickly whom to trust with jobs and whom to not trust with jobs. 

On 4/17/2020 at 3:11 AM, NrlHnh said:

@NrlHnh, I wished there was a better answer, but no.  Everything is “buyer beware” when it comes to any transaction in SecondLife.

There really isn’t a good answer, and fighting back is more likely going to have an adverse reaction towards you, even if you were the one wronged.

The problem is the business model in SecondLife is very prone to scams.  Once someone gets a bad name, they can always make a new alt and start scamming again.

On 5/24/2020 at 1:26 AM, Kerrianne Wheatcliffe said:

@NrlHnh, I wished there was a better answer, but no.  Everything is “buyer beware” when it comes to any transaction in SecondLife.

There really isn’t a good answer, and fighting back is more likely going to have an adverse reaction towards you, even if you were the one wronged.

The problem is the business model in SecondLife is very prone to scams.  Once someone gets a bad name, they can always make a new alt and start scamming again.

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.