Jump to content

Why do people like long emotes?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

/me Pixie reflects on the question in hand, her macbook balanced on her legs. Reaching forward she picks up her novelty Star Wars mug and takes a sip of tea, enjoying the warm sugary and milky liquid as it slides comfortingly down her throat. As her Spotify playlist shuffles to the next song, a choice cut from the latest Dua Lipa album, she moves her fingers to the laptop and starts to type. Ignoring the vibrations of her phone as it shakes excitedly on the nightstand next to her, Pixie's fingers dance agilely across the keys outlining her carefully chosen response. She looks at the screen, before decidedly pressing "SUBMIT REPLY" committing her answer to digital records forever. It reads....

"I dunno".

Edited by PixieGirrrrl
  • Like 4
  • Haha 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, So Whimsy said:

Maybe because women just don't think random grunts and 'oh yeah's' are sexy.

I'd laugh you out of the bedroom for that.

Absolutely.

On the other hand, if your idea is making me wait 20-30 minutes while you compose the next War and Peace... we're not compatible.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, So Whimsy said:

Maybe because women just don't think random grunts and 'oh yeah's' are sexy.

Not necessarily true.

Are we having a conversation? Then no, not sexy at all. Are we having sex? And you're at the point where you can't really speak coherently? Then, yeah, that's pretty sexy. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PixieGirrrrl said:

/me Pixie reflects on the question in hand, her macbook balanced on her legs. Reaching forward she picks up her novelty Star Wars mug and takes a sip of tea, enjoying the warm sugary and milky liquid as it slides comfortingly down her throat. As her Spotify playlist shuffles to the next song, a choice cut from the latest Dua Lipa album, she moves her fingers to the laptop and starts to type. Ignoring the vibrations of her phone as it shakes excitedly on the nightstand next to her, Pixie's fingers dance agilely across the keys outlining her carefully chosen response. She looks at the screen, before decidedly pressing "SUBMIT REPLY" committing her answer to digital records forever. It reads....

"I dunno".

tl;dr

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MadameLovelybuns said:

Hi! I don't completely understand why people like to make long emotes, especially during sexual situations. Any insights would be appreciated

I  HATE them..  I can not stand sitting there waiting for someone to send their paragraph of text, then have to read it and reply in kind.. nope not for me

 but I do require more than a grunt.

Edited by Tarina Sewell
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I  HATE them..  I can not stand sitting there waiting for someone to send their paragraph of text, then have to read it and reply in kind.. nope not for me

 but I do require more than a grunt.

I require more than grunts too. I just get stressed and overwhelmed when I have to think of novel-quality stuff to write to people, so it takes the fun out of whatever we are doing :c

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think flexibility is important. There's a time and a place for longer, considered emotes but nothing can beat a rapid fire conversation where both are in the zone with it and ideally having fun - and being funny. Long sometimes, short sometimes.

Novels that are all long paragraphs tend to be a hard read. But if they are all single lines of dialogue, that gets choppy - and dull too. Mix it up, I say.

Some people INSIST that all RP must be done their way. I tend to avoid them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of lines is more than enough to get across what you are doing. I mean, personally if i wanted to just watch two avs bump pixels with the pornstar commentary, i would watch porn instead. 

I think a couple of lines describing what you (meaning your av in this case) are doing to/with them is more than enough. Its just enough to get things going and not too much to kill the mood. 

I was with someone a while back that wrote literal paragraphs describing her actions and expected the same in return. I asked her after about an hour and a half of this(it takes time to type and read all that) how she could possibly be enjoying herself while typing that much. She told me she doesn't do that IRL, she just emotes in SL. My response apparently pissed her off. "Why bother sending an hour or two with someone emoting all that if you aren't going to "enjoy" it." That's a whole lot of work for "RP." 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a friend/partner once who liked to para RP. He was good at it and while it was a bit slow moving, it was worth the wait. He only did it in one to one RP, though. I don't mind it when it's done well but I do think it's not good for group scenarios, and it's definitely open to abuse. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So the conclusion?

  • There's a time and a place for longer emotes if both parties are willing and able.
  • However emotes of 2-3 lines are usually preferable (the happy medium between an "oh yeah" and a life story).
  • As the action and intensity increases it is acceptable/preferable to use shorter and quicker emotes to describe what is happening/what you are doing/how you feel.
  • Orgasm. The end.

Have we established this is the winning formula for the perfect emoting style? 😄

Edited by PixieGirrrrl
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...