hair HUD doesn't work

novemheim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Have you tried to click Ctrl +alt+T to see if a transparent part of another HUD is covering the HUD?

Have you tried to edit the hud and click refresh scripts?

Second Life can be really slow some days. These days when people stay at home, it is many more logged in. It can be overload on SL servers. The problem can also be that your internet service provider is pushed to the limit and the service drops because more people are staying indoors and are on the internet to pass the time or are working from home. Have you tried a speed test?

Try to teleport to an empty region like Hatton and try the HUD again. It is also against the TOS to mention creators like you do. Especially if it is caused by the lockdown.

The creator is on Flickr and Twitter.

Edited by Marianne Little
spelling errors
  • Like 2

If the demo is broken, always assume the real one will be too.

If you can't make a demo properly, why would anyone think you can do it right when people pay for it?

Disclaimer: This isn't to say that all products will be broken. But if someone is working on a demo and make a mistake, they're likely working on the real product in tandem and replicating the same mistake.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, novemheim said:

I paid for at fatpack at Yumyum's store, and the HUD doesn't work.

I have a fair number (probably a dozen) of styles by YumYum, and have never had any problems with the HUDs (or for that matter, the hair itself), so I decided to check this out, and picked up the demo of L09.

Surprisingly -- because, as I say, I've never had a problem with their products before -- I discovered that the HUD colour changer does indeed appear not to work, at least on the demo. I was able to go back and forth between the three pages of the HUD without problems, and the style changer feature did work. The tinter only sort of seemed to work: it would show (with some lag) the colour I was running my cursor over, but the colour array is black, and it doesn't apply your choice to the hair either.

So . . . yeah, shoot a notecard to the creator, toraji Voom, I guess. I've never needed to contact them for customer service, so I don't know how quickly they're likely to get back to you, but but it's a pretty active and popular store, so I should think it shouldn't take too long.

I'm sorry; I was hoping I could be more helpful!

ETA: Just thought I'd add that I refreshed scripts, moved the HUD around to ensure it wasn't being blocked by something else, etc. It really does not seem to work.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, I didn't mean to show the creator in a bad light-- which isn't what I intended. I was looking for some insight on the HUD script as one person graciously checked out the demo hud of the hair for me and confirmed it just wasn't me. I too have other styles of their hair, and this is the only one giving me issues. My opinion on ONE hairstyle having HUD issues will not deter their business, even with the pandemic going on, as many more of their hairs work other than maybe 1-2 (2 is a maximum guess, I saw someone else reporting one hairstyle with buns from them took the HUD 4 hours to fix)

My only way around changing the hair color is to keep unboxing it and choosing from the first page of color options.

I will edit the post accordingly, as I have gotten my answer, and I can just hope to get in contact with them soon regarding a fix. Thanks to Scylla Rhiadra for checking out for me and trying your best.

It is also against the TOS to mention creators like you do. Especially if it is caused by the lockdown.

Can you please show me this TOS rule so that I don't break it in the future further, I'm still learning things.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

It is also against the TOS to mention creators like you do. Especially if it is caused by the lockdown.

Can you please show me this TOS rule so that I don't break it in the future further, I'm still learning things.

51 minutes ago, novemheim said:

Actually, I think you're fine. There is a sort of general "no naming and shaming" rule here, but that really applies to people who post things like "X cheats his customers, and beats his dog!" You're not doing that: you're asking for help with a particular product, which is entirely legitimate. We often can't help unless we know what the product is, so you'll frequently find people asking things like "how do I do this on Maitreya Lara," or "why doesn't this work on product Y?"

I think you can leave the post as it stands. But do contact the maker: they produce very good products, generally, and I'm sure they'd want to know about any problems you're having.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Actually, I think you're fine. There is a sort of general "no naming and shaming" rule here, but that really applies to people who post things like "X cheats his customers, and beats his dog!" You're not doing that: you're asking for help with a particular product, which is entirely legitimate. We often can't help unless we know what the product is, so you'll frequently find people asking things like "how do I do this on Maitreya Lara," or "why doesn't this work on product Y?"

I think you can leave the post as it stands. But do contact the maker: they produce very good products, generally, and I'm sure they'd want to know about any problems you're having.

I agree ENTIRELY! Their hair is so lovely and I don't ever intend to talk smack about them. Seriously, you're so wonderful for trying your best to help with the demo ♥ Thank you again. I have contacted the maker 😄 I wish their group chat worked. Again, thank you! ♥

• Like 1

1 hour ago, novemheim said:

I agree ENTIRELY! Their hair is so lovely and I don't ever intend to talk smack about them. Seriously, you're so wonderful for trying your best to help with the demo ♥ Thank you again. I have contacted the maker 😄 I wish their group chat worked. Again, thank you! ♥

You're more than welcome! I hope the problem is resolved, and you can enjoy the hair with less hassle.

(Confession: I don't buy fatpacks, because I'm not generally interested in the full range of colours. The sole exception is a YumYum style, BYY B04. I had to have the fatpack for that one.)

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.