Jump to content
Elena231231

Why Isn’t existing some 3D Viewer for Android or IOS ??

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 64 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Hey. Why isn’t exist some 3D viewer app? This is so good game and on some computers are so laggy. I don’t think this is a bad idea. We can play everywhere then and maybe it will be more popular game. Thanks. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You answered it yourself.

"This is so good game and on some computers are so laggy."

Because a 3D viewer on mobile devices would be even more laggy. Mobile devices network cards are tiny slow things that could barely/if handle the amount of data to transfer.

There was/is a 3D viewer available for Android but not maintained anymore because free developers do not get any help or information.

Anyway there was a Browser-viewer in the works, search the forums, and there might or not be an iOS viewer with limited 3D coming ...

Monti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Monti Messmer said:

You answered it yourself.

"This is so good game and on some computers are so laggy."

Because a 3D viewer on mobile devices would be even more laggy. Mobile devices network cards are tiny slow things that could barely/if handle the amount of data to transfer.

There was/is a 3D viewer available for Android but not maintained anymore because free developers do not get any help or information.

Anyway there was a Browser-viewer in the works, search the forums, and there might or not be an iOS viewer with limited 3D coming ...

Monti

and monti , there was a paid 3d viewer,  it's not been updated or supported in a bit,  all we know is google changed how the play store works and that was that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously you are new to SL. The 'other' games are small simple games. It isn't that SL design is behind. The problem is you don't understand what SL is and why the other games are so far behind SL. Nor how far behind desktop graphics mobile devices are.

The problem with mobile apps is mobile devices do NOT have the graphics power needed to handle real time 3D rendering.

Most games on mobile devices use highly optimized graphics and numerous tricks to simulate 3D rendering. Plus, all the game content is downloaded during install. The content for SL is measured in hundreds of terabytes, almost petabytes, and grows daily. Those other games on mobile devices are way smaller and use way less network and graphics requirements.

There are retail services that render and stream SL to mobile devices. They use a render system on a cloud server to carry the render load for mobile devices. The Lab is building a mobile viewer now. We have no ETA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2020 at 12:36 PM, Elena231231 said:

Hey. Why isn’t exist some 3D viewer app? This is so good game and on some computers are so laggy. I don’t think this is a bad idea. We can play everywhere then and maybe it will be more popular game. Thanks. 

Cellphone processing powers are pretty anemic, even today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never had performance problems on Lumiya for Android. I don't think 3d performance is as bad on this generation of smartphones as previous ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

Never had performance problems on Lumiya for Android. I don't think 3d performance is as bad on this generation of smartphones as previous ones

Lots of us can only afford those prepaid android phones,  I'm so not dropping close to a grand for a phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 64 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...