Last Names List-How Often Will It Change?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1166 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Personally I think the cost is excessive, especially in addition to having to be premium.

From the FAQ:

I don't like the available last names. When will there be different names available? How often will the list of names change?

Much as we did with the original legacy surnames, we plan to update and change the available last names regularly. That way, a good variety of first and last name combinations are available at any given moment. Because we determine when to retire a last name by the number of times it's been used, it's hard to say exactly when the list might change. If you're interested in changing your name, but don't see a name that fits just yet, please check back every so often to see what names have become available.

Edited by Bruce Valentine
added thought
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/20/2020 at 3:26 PM, ItHadToComeToThis said:

Use older surnames from way back when. It would be good to see some of them make a return. As a resident of 13 years I personally have no issue with this. I would love to see more  of my main accounts last name floating around the grid 😅.

Official sources MANY times have said that wouldn't happen.  I agree.   If you see an "Aeon" and you are an Aeon then you know you popped out of the pod near the same time. Long long ago we even had "sisterhoods" with gals with the same last names.  Not sure if the guys ever did that. 

There are tons of names to go around and hundreds if not thousands (honestly I forgot the number but it was mentioned on a Lab Gab before the winners of the name contest were announced) awaiting to be added.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

10 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Official sources MANY times have said that wouldn't happen.  I agree.   If you see an "Aeon" and you are an Aeon then you know you popped out of the pod near the same time. Long long ago we even had "sisterhoods" with gals with the same last names.  Not sure if the guys ever did that. 

There are tons of names to go around and hundreds if not thousands (honestly I forgot the number but it was mentioned on a Lab Gab before the winners of the name contest were announced) awaiting to be added.  

I’m aware they said no but I still think it’s a good idea. I really could care less who does or does not have my main accounts last name. Have at it.

• Like 1

Just now, Beth Macbain said:

I currently pay for 4 premium accounts and I do have the last name I want.

I dont have the one I want and I cant change my first name because someone already has changed their first name to what I want and if I dont see the last name I want   and just keep resident I cant because someone already has it!!!!!!!!

On 4/28/2020 at 11:16 AM, Maitimo said:

@ItHadToComeToThis I kind of agree, I think it would have been better if they'd allowed some legacy names back in; particularly some of the least-used ones. There are many that never had more than a dozen or so accounts on them - what a waste.

The issue is that people don't want the unpopular last names any more than people wanted them back when they were unpopular. They want the popular last names, which have fewer first name options to go with them. I can see why they went with fresh names. It gives more naming options for people.

• Like 2

Does anyone know where they will be posting the updated last name list?  I see the new last names but I would like to know where to keep checking for new names.  PS - I am not really a newbie in SL just to these blogs.  I can't get the display name I have used for years "Cate Footman" as that name is already in the system even though that avatar isn't used.

Edited by girl Footman
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, girl Footman said:

I can't get the display name I have used for years "Cate Footman" as that name is already in the system even though that avatar isn't used.

when it is in the system ..in this case the name database it ís used.
Your account is tied to your RL, once signed up it is always yours, even after years, or even deleting.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Goggles5150 said:

am I the only that feels like if your paying $40 USD to change both names you should be allowed to have a custom last name for the money you are spending?

if you have a company and add a little more to your budget you'r able to get what you want.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, girl Footman said:

Does anyone know where they will be posting the updated last name list?  I see the new last names but I would like to know where to keep checking for new names. 

The place where you see the current list of last names is where you keep checking.  In the past, LL never notified us that names were being added or removed from the list, people simply discovered it by constantly reviewing the list.

• Like 1

Just keep checking and save your coins if fall you fall in love with the special  last name with your new first name this your sl what is magical to you. The new name could change and the price everyone having the same first name only one person can have but you can have the last name so this for the special  name change so have it you feel shiny and new. It might be bit of a price but it could also change in the future will see  but this a name you want to keep forever its going to last with you as special to you.  Keep looking in the blog main page and forum for any changes make a note follow so you get a email feed announcement.

They ask for idea's for names they may be asking for new ones  but may change maybe every three months. But you can keep checking.  Maybe they could add Charming as last name. Maybe they could also add if people partner both can get  last name  package but think this would be you want this last name forever but this might be more down the road kind of thing.

I just changed mine before  was Whiterose ( Vanoralynna)   and now Christina.Mysterious.  If you pick a last name make sure its one you like matches with your name you can test it by writing last names in front of it.  Or if you just want it resident to pick a name magic to you whatever it is make sure first letter is capital you spelled it write before clicking the button. I went to the Town Hall  meeting few years when last name was asked people talking about it I did say I messed up my first avatar name wanted to fix it  her name is now Chrissila Enchantment it was not spelled right before had to use second name with it  I was new then but with great patience now we can change are name be happy with this magic.  If the first name is taken taken then try to mix with yours as I seen Christine was taken I used christna and used chrissila as made up chrissila from a name generator it was chrissil just mixed it up from a fantasy name. 

List

Takeda  /Conundrum /Dismantled /Huntsman/ Littlepaws /Nova/ Ravenhurst / Wumpkins/ Yeetly /Covfefe/ Lemongrass /Salty/ Alpha/ Melodious/ Hijinks/ Mainsai/l Mysterious/ Ichibara/ Kiyori/ Voxel /Hexem/ Damballar /Vanilla/ Banana/ Pancake/ Timmerman/ Enchantment /Whimsy/ Atheria /Rowley/ Doge/ Dallas/ Jazzhands/ Leeder /Nimble/ Crisp/ Plumday/ Heartsong /Rumrunner /Peppermint /Puddles/ Alpaca/ Float/ Bellisserian/ Piggins/ Cloud/ Resident /Mercury/

Note: When you get name change they will send you email with the new name it might take a while show up good idea to relog and log out the site as well. And if you get a last name you will need to log in put a dot in the middle of your first last  and last name johndoe.person just a heads up and write down your new name as save it since you changed it.    Your sl this place can be  who you are be whatever you want to be your imagination takes you this far. 

magicofsl2.jpg

magicofsl.jpg

Edited by Christina Mysterious
  • Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 12:04 PM, Alwin Alcott said:

when it is in the system ..in this case the name database it ís used.
Your account is tied to your RL, once signed up it is always yours, even after years, or even deleting.

Yes I know.  That is why I said I can't get it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1166 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.