Jump to content

So, Who the Heck ARE You, anyway?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

It's occurred to me that, as people now begin to change their names, their monikers on the forum are going to change too.

Which is going to make it difficult to know who is yelling at me sometimes.

So, if you USED to be "Madelaine McMasters," but are now going by "Hillary Hijinks" instead*, maybe you can tell us here what name we've known you as before you shelled out your US$40!

 

 

*Totally random example: "Madelaine McMasters" just kind of came out without thinking. But wouldn't it be cool if she actually was called "Hillary Hijinks"????

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Keep an eye out on your tickets Joe, a member of my team will be reaching out to you.

Wow.  I am stunned.  Thank you so very very much! [eta] Ticket is closed .. I need to log off and back on and ... BINGO!

As you'll see, I decided to do it.  Anna2358.Resident is now Anna Nova, the new me! No more numbers!!!

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

No! I'm Madelaine McMasters!!!

Sets you on fire

 

CASE IN POINT!!

The very foundations of everything we thought we knew are crumbling!! We're all potential dopplegangers, or weirdly mutating identities that we'll never be able to pin down (for so long as we have US$40 to spare).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

CASE IN POINT!!

The very foundations of everything we thought we knew are crumbling!! We're all potential dopplegangers, or weirdly mutating identities that we'll never be able to pin down (for so long as we have US$40 to spare).

 

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The FAQ says: 

Quote

 

If I change my username, will people be able to find out my old name?

It is possible, yes. For instance, if someone has muted you in the past and you change your name, your new name will appear on their mute list instead. It's best to assume that your old name is not a secret, though once changed, your new name will be displayed everywhere your old one used to be.

 

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000155068-changing-your-username-faq/

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I feel like Inigo Montoya...

Inigo Montoya:  Who are you?
Masked Man:  No one of consequence.
Inigo Montoya:  I must know!
Masked Man:  Get used to disappointment

- From The Princess Bride, during the sword fight between The Dread Pirate Roberts/Westley and The Greatest Swordsman in the World, Inigo Montoya.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

is it just me or is there an imbalance / shortage of traditional names on this first list. Traditional meaning ordinary looking names for ordinary every day people

I agree. The only ordinary name on the list is Rowley.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we really sure about anything?

I mean we could all be part of some wild and crazy high fashion over sexed virtual world run by some, who knows who,for all we know..

Because Science N stuff..

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

For Premium customers, it costs USD $39.99 to change a username. Basic account holders are not eligible for a username change.

Basics are not eligible. That is just so wrong. 

Fine then. I'll use my stimulus money for something other than premium and a name change. There is no good reason to not allow basics name changes within reasonable limits.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Basics are not eligible. That is just so wrong. 

Fine then. I'll use my stimulus money for something other than premium and a name change. There is no good reason to not allow basics name changes within reasonable limits.

The only reason i could think of is,Griefers and bots sucking up all the names..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

The only reason i could think of is,Griefers and bots sucking up all the names..

But they'd need to pay the fee anyway. It just means basic accounts need to pay $40 + $10 (or w/e it is) to change their name.

I understand the need for a fee of some kind, to deter griefers, bots and name-farming. A fee of $5 for any account tier is enough to discourage almost all bad-faith name changes. The difference between $5 and $40-50 is in how many legitimate residents are turned away.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AyelaNewLife said:

But they'd need to pay the fee anyway. It just means basic accounts need to pay $40 + $10 (or w/e it is) to change their name.

I understand the need for a fee of some kind, to deter griefers, bots and name-farming. A fee of $5 for any account tier is enough to discourage almost all bad-faith name changes. The difference between $5 and $40-50 is in how many legitimate residents are turned away.

Ahh, my misunderstanding .. I thought it was meant as basics making an account and having the option and there being no charge..

It's my first cup of tea and still have pillow wrinkles and sleep in my eyes ..hehehe

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...