builder buddy changing channel

libbberamente

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

in order to change the channel in use by my builders buddy should I just change the number inside the script?

exemple:

// by an Avatar talking on obscure channels
integer DefaultPRIMCHAN = -192567;     // Default channel to use
integer PRIMCHAN = DefaultPRIMCHAN;    // Channel used by Base Prim to talk to Component Prims;
                                       // ***THIS MUST MATCH IN BOTH SCRIPTS!***

becomes:

// by an Avatar talking on obscure channels integer DefaultPRIMCHAN = -2147483647; // Default channel to use integer PRIMCHAN = DefaultPRIMCHAN; // Channel used by Base Prim to talk to Component Prims; // ***THIS MUST MATCH IN BOTH SCRIPTS!***

and then save the script?

I refer to:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Builders_Buddy_v1#Change_Log

and to:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Chat_channel

can you please answer in standard english? I am not mother tongue

Yes, but pay attention to the note that says // ***THIS MUST MATCH IN BOTH SCRIPTS!***

When you have a question about something like this, just experiment.  Builders Buddy is free, and you can make as many copies as you like.  Try making experiments with simple prims to figure out what happens when you change parameters. 

You need to change the channel number in the Builders Buddy base script, save it, and then change it in the Builders Buddy component script and save that.

(I have done that lots of times to stop rezzers interfering with one another.)

Emma :)

P.S.: If you are doing that with an existing build, save one component script into your inventory.

Then, rezz all the pieces first.

Now click the rezzer, and choose DONE from the menu - this removes all the component scripts from the pieces.

Change the channel number of the base script within the rezzer prim.

Next, change the channel number in the component script in your inventory.

Now drop this into each of the pieces, click the rezzer, box, and now go through the recording process as normal.

Edited by Emma Krokus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.