Last Names - Finally Here

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm delighted to see "Bellisserian" on the list, that was a genius decision, and I hope it stays as an option for a long time. I'm disappointed at how short the list is though, and I hope they rotate through at least some of them relatively quickly. None of this batch seem worth me spending 40 bucks on, though I might have grabbed "Mercury" if it was cheaper. 

It's my first name I want to change more than my last, but I know what will happen if I change just my first name; the next batch will have a perfect last name and I'll end up spending $80 instead of $40.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BWolf Clawtooth said:

I did t read it but maybe someone knows the answer...If someone new signs up with a premimum account do they get to pick a last name , or is that an extra charge.

Just now, BWolf Clawtooth said:

Well when I signed up 11+ years ago I signed up as a premimum user where I got to pick my last name. Does is still work like that today ????

You can always try it with a new account and see.  My guess is no.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BWolf Clawtooth said:

Well when I signed up 11+ years ago I signed up as a premimum user where I got to pick my last name. Does is still work like that today ????

It does not look like it. I don't see an option to sign up as a premium user on the signup page, but I have poor attention to detail.

I am one of the few Resident residents who feels the display name method is far superior to the last name option. Now if Linden Lab lets me pay for the ability to have a totally unique official last name I might change my mind. Otherwise, i am happy to keep on trucking with my display name and leaving usernames to the systems end where they belong.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BWolf Clawtooth said:

Forget it I guess no one is understanding what I am asking

If your already premium just go to your main menu, scroll down to name change, click then it will take you to screen with options..pay and your done..your last name i would keep its cool.

30 minutes ago, Carolyn Zapedzki said:

I may have understood wrong but I don't think you have a choice of using these names when you make a new account. I think you're stuck with resident when you join and then go premium and then pay which is a bit much!

Oh, ok. I've never cared about owning a home or land, so we might have found the one thing that could entice me to go premium...

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

39.99 + 21% VAT .. ehm.. how about no

In my case would be 23% VAT, for a last name I wouldn't like. €50 for a name? Just no. Actually, even without the VAT I wouldn't want to pay a single cent to change the name. And those last names...

Edited by MBeatrix
typo correction
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Evarne said:

A massive warning to anyone that plays a HUD game in SL.

I just paid £42.97 to change my name to Eva Nova and was so pleased, until I logged back in to SL and put my games HUDS on to find all progress lost. I had a guild in Tiny Empires 3000 and also played the classic game, for many years. So I went to change it back, within minutes, and Linden Labs want another £42.97. I have been furloughed RL from my job because of Coronavirus and can't afford to pay twice in ten minutes to just try to get my games back.

Contact the creator of that game and ask them to change your username in their database to your new one since they are apparently "very smart" and use a username as key in their database instead of your account's UUID...

Edited by Ansariel Hiller
  • Like 6

This brought tears to my eyes. I have been loyal and spent hundreds of dollars in SL and because I can't afford premium or the overly priced name change I am stuck unable to get one.  I had one back in the day on my first account and Linden Labs took it after I was paid in stollen L. I had no idea the L was supposedly stolen LL did NOT give me the opportunity to fight it they basically told me to go ***** myself and I would have left SL then if it weren't for friends. The last name was extremely special to me and I continually miss it all the time. I lost track of friends I have never seen again. I cried for days and now i get a little ray of hope and we have to PAY.  😞 I don't think this is fair at all and there should be a way for loyal people to be able to go back to an old name without shelling out about half a grocery bill. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I'm so creating a new alt, for the sole purpose of living in fetish wear and exploring every single kink I can think of, while wearing the surname Vanilla.

change your name to something Gorean ? :)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ansariel Hiller said:

Contact the creator of that game and ask them to change your username in their database to your new one since they are apparently incompetent and use a username as key in their database instead of your account's UUID...

That is actually a fantastically brilliant point. I was wanting to not cause extra work when in effect it was something I had not considered in my eagerness, but how hard can that be? Thank you Ansariel. I have sent an IM to the game creator who is currently offline.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kweopi said:

change your name to something Gorean ? :)

Idiot Covfefe? Nottan Alpha? Ima Banana? Brain Cloud? Logic Dismantled? Pointless Resident?

In a world where Doreen and Beverley are considered to be sexy names, the main protagonist sounds like a knitting stitch and the slave girls moniker was a band that had a hit in 1983 with Too Shy, it's hard to get it wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.