Last Names - Finally Here

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Schu Firefly said:

Worst thing ever.. I enjoy the fact i came into the game in the beginning to have a last name. This is nothing but a money grab to cover Sansars waste of cash now that its gone. 

Bringing it back probably had as much to do with people requesting it a lot as anything else.

Given that it took 2 years to do all of the code changes, because it ended up being much more complicated than originally thought, does give a good reason for charging money for it. The $40 charge, IMO, is too much though.  And I also don't think they should have made it a Premium only thing.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

I should have starting saving up all them years ago, when it was first mentioned that last names would come back. Then I'd be able to afford paying the $39.99 to get a last name change. But not for this name, for my land alt's name. She has Greene and it doesn't go well with her first name. Then again, I think it's actually cooler to have a first generation last name, then one of these new generation ones. Okay, that was my thought process. 

Glad to finally see last names are here for those that have been wanting a different one other than the one they have now. 

Longest '...later in the year' ever!! 

😉 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Bringing it back probably had as much to do with people requesting it a lot as anything else.

Given that it took 2 years to do all of the code changes, because it ended up being much more complicated than originally thought, does give a good reason for charging money for it. The $40 charge, IMO, is too much though.  And I also don't think they should have made it a Premium only thing.

I think the cost is reasonable, given how badly designed LL's systems seem to be. Personally, I would not change to any of those names even if they were free. OTOH, I would pay more than $40 if I could pick my last name. Or would have before I essentially quit SL.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

They could have just brought them back at the registration portal any time over the last ten years.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Asadora Summers said:

I should have starting saving up all them years ago, when it was first mentioned that last names would come back. Then I'd be able to afford paying the $39.99 to get a last name change. But not for this name, for my land alt's name. She has Greene and it doesn't go well with her first name. Then again, I think it's actually cooler to have a first generation last name, then one of these new generation ones. Okay, that was my thought process. 

Glad to finally see last names are here for those that have been wanting a different one other than the one they have now. 

Longest '...later in the year' ever!! 

😉

So now I guess there will the titration of which has more cachet and higher status, and older avi with Resident or a newer avi with a last name.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

They could have just brought them back at the registration portal any time over the last ten years.

I still don't understand why they didn't, or at least give people the option, but why is far less meaningful than whether.

Edited by CaerolleClaudel
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

So now I guess there will the titration of which has more cachet and higher status, and older avi with Resident or a newer avi with a last name.

Hah. I guess people will have to actually go by rez dates now to read the actual 'cool' factor of the person. (jk) Seriously, I'm glad this has finally come

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, I agree of course. And were I looking for a new last name from this list, it would be pretty hard to dissuade me from Wumpkins anyway.

But it is an amusing addition. And I'm pretty sure that no actual Trump supporter would choose that one.

Unless they were pretty majorly stupid.

Which, in fairness . . .

I only just now realized you were just noting something already on the list, I thought you were joking. OMFFFG. I guess at least they didn't put Maga on there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Im very surprised that the price for already paying members is 39.99!

It would've been better to make last names available for everyone, with a price in this case.

Basic members paying  the 39.99 fee and premium members getting it at a discount (lets say half of that).

This works both ways.

But, well I have mine and if I didn't, I wouldve use the 39.99 on Lindens instead.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And I also don't think they should have made it a Premium only thing.

This seems a little odd to me as well.  You can still get a 1 month premium membership so wht not just make it 50 bucks and call it good?

Anyway ... I can see in the future where there can be promos, like a 1 year membership with a name change at a reduced price.  I expected to see something like that for new accounts on day one.  Maybe they will do it later. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, I agree of course. And were I looking for a new last name from this list, it would be pretty hard to dissuade me from Wumpkins anyway.

But it is an amusing addition. And I'm pretty sure that no actual Trump supporter would choose that one.

Unless they were pretty majorly stupid.

Which, in fairness . . .

It is pretty funny!!

I am soooo tempted to become Eva Pancake or Peppermint. I have been saving tons of money by not driving anywhere...

Edited by Eva Knoller
  • Haha 5

I would  love to have a last name as I  came to Second Life  after they did away with them.  I have wanted to change my name for a while but was waiting for the last names.  None of the ones available appeal though. Hopefully they will add names as others are all taken.    Till then, while I want to change, I will wait.  

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.