The icons of ALL HUDs even if clicked do not give any effect

DanielZ66

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've had problems with my avatar (signature Gianni) for almost ten hours.
The icons of ALL HUDs even if clicked do not give any effect and no menu opens
Is it a known problem?

I use the standard viewer but also trying with Firestorm the problem is the same.
Already tried to clear cache.
Already tried to detach and reattach the HUDs
Already obviously tried to exit and re-enter Second Life (dozens of times)

How can I solve it?

Please help me😭

Thank you

8 answers to this question

Have you checked to see that scripts are not disabled where you are?

If that's not it, there is a bug that can render HUDs non-working if you are wearing them when you crash.  If that's happened, rez a fresh copy from your backup.  No backup?  Get a re-delivery.

• Like 1

I'll second Lindal's recommendation to copy a new HUD from your backup, or get a redelivery. Since moving to a mesh body and clothing, I've been creating outfits that load HUDS for both, allowing me to tune alphas and clothing colors when I change outfits. I've also been crashing a lot lately. So there's now a very good chance I'll crash with a HUD up. I'd gone a decade without a HUD locking up, but now I've had to trash and replace HUDs at least three times in the last month.

Any time you purchase something with a HUD, immediately make a copy and save the original in a backup folder.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Have you checked to see that scripts are not disabled where you are?

If that's not it, there is a bug that can render HUDs non-working if you are wearing them when you crash.  If that's happened, rez a fresh copy from your backup.  No backup?  Get a re-delivery.

TY for your answer
I am in my land and therefore all scripts are obviously enabled.
And needless to say, I also tried in another low-lag land area.

I actually noticed the problem after a crash (I was AFK in a land and I found myself disconnected after a timeout in thisarea!!)

The thought of rezzing and setting all the HUDs again for all the clothes I wear certainly does not excite me ... it means doing a detailed work for months ...and months
Pobably if I don't find a simple and quick alternative solution I will disconnect from the SecondLife :(

What, you keep a copy of all your HUDs, with different settings, saved with all your outfits?

Just saving the HUD with an Outfit won't hold the settings...what's saved is a LINK, not the actual HUD.  If you are in the habit of saving an actual copy of the HUDs, in a separate folder that contains all the actual items, then you're both WAY more obsessive-compulsive than me...and also in a pretty good situation.  Only the HUDs you were wearing when you crashed should be affected.  Copies stored with other ensembles will be OK.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DanielZ66 said:

I am now trying the classic standard solutions...

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/scripted_attachment_issues

good on you.  Can be super frustrating sometimes when stuff doesn't work as expected or just totally breaks down

as you are doing, same as me and same as others do, we think what a stupid game. Log out and sleep on it for a bit. Then we start to think of all the good things that we were able to do. Then we think I can beat that stupid game, and we get all stubborn, log back in and go: C'mon then you stupid game. Bring it! I am going to crush you

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Any time you purchase something with a HUD, immediately make a copy and save the original in a backup folder.

Thanks for the reply
...I will now remember this advice very well !!😅

After several attempts I solved the problem by following the advice of LINDAL KIDD...
I re-rezzed all the HUDs from backup copies and when there were no copies I did redelivery.
After a whole day of work, I still have not been able to complete everything and I have only temporarily fixed the minimum necessary ... for survival.🤪
In any case, in the next few days I will follow this "direction" to fix everything else.

For the future I will follow the suggestion of MADELAINE and any time I purchase something with a HUD, I will immediately make a copy and save it in a backup folder.😅

Edited by DanielZ66
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.