Rezzing

llSpic3yKayll

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

assuming the puppy is a No-copy item (gacha) then this happens  when we attempt to rez it on a parcel that is set to no-rez.  And most often happens when the system thinks the item is to be rezzed on the neighbours no-rez parcel and not on ours

the item seems to just poof into the ether. Not rezzed and not listed in our inventory.  In most every case relogging will fix this and show the item in our Lost and Found folder or sometimes in its original folder

Edited by Mollymews
or orginal
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mollymews said:

And most often happens when the system thinks the item is to be rezzed on the neighbours no-rez parcel and not on ours

Yes, that's the most common cause. it can happen if the floor you try to rez on was made by somebody who doesn't know how to make mesh. There's a particular quirk in SL's mesh handling that can make an object "invisible" to the code that determine rezzing point. (A litle bit more info about it here for those who are interested.)

But as Mollymews said, the item should return to your inventory eventually, either in Lost and Found or in its original place. You may have to relog for it to show up and every now and then you may even have to wait a few days. Returned items can get lost permanently but fortunately that's extremely rare - I only know of one confirmed such incident and that was a very special case.

Edited by ChinRey

Any items I have lost this way USUALLY return by the next day (not necessarily the next relog). So do a search for your puppy by name tomorrow and or check your Lost and Found. Somethings things show up much later (no clue why but has been happening for over a decade). 

ALSO best to rez no copy items on REAL LAND (not inside a building which may very easily have bad physics where you can SEEM to lose things).  And if the grid seems to be experiencing difficulties (not in your case it sounds like) do NOT keep trying to rez things no copy (yes people do).   To TEST if an item is likely to rez you can ADD it to your avatar and then take it off. I have found that to be a good way to see what your rezzing chances will be.  At least then you know that the database recognizes the object.  

Sadly we DO lose no copy items --- and we can also completely lose COPY items. So best to keep that in mind -- for your state of mind :D.  I hope you get your puppy back. I have lost Pearl, my kitty a time or two and know it can be very stressful. 

OH. Big tip for later --- any no copy pets or maybe even super expensive gacha items --- best to keep a list of their UUIDs. That way you have a better chance getting them back on a support ticket.   

Good luck. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.