Jump to content

Has There Been a Slight Resurgence in Clothing Support for Slink?


Scylla Rhiadra
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

This is a purely unscientific and anecdotal impression, so I may well be wrong, but . . .

. . . I think I'm seeing a slight uptick in the clothing that's available now for Slink bodies? Even Physique?

A few months ago, I was more or less reconciled to the idea that very soon there was going to nothing in the way of new clothing for Physique -- which is why I finally buckled, and bought a Maitreya. Now, though, I seem to be seeing a slight shift back towards Slink. Maybe.

If I'm right, it might be because they were in so quickly with fully BOM bodies?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is a purely unscientific and anecdotal impression, so I may well be wrong, but . . .

. . . I think I'm seeing a slight uptick in the clothing that's available now for Slink bodies? Even Physique?

A few months ago, I was more or less reconciled to the idea that very soon there was going to nothing in the way of new clothing for Physique -- which is why I finally buckled, and bought a Maitreya. Now, though, I seem to be seeing a slight shift back towards Slink. Maybe.

If I'm right, it might be because they were in so quickly with fully BOM bodies?

Scylla, I'd think that.  I do own the Slink Physique Redux, although I don't wear it much because the butt bugs me (on me; I'm sure others have tweaked their shape better!), but I know when I open various clothing packages I do see more options for Physique than I feel as if I have in the past.  Or maybe I'm more keyed into it because I actually own the body now?

Purely anecdotal and not much help, but you may have grounds for what you're thinking.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So far as NEW clothes being made (not on templates) 'I' don't see anything suggesting Slink is making a comeback.  Most original designers are still designing for Maitreya (with Legacy support from many).   

IF the items are BOM then that would of course be a different thing.

What you might be seeing  -- depending on where you shop -- is new folks coming in using older templates which include Slink sizing.   OR new creators making mesh using the Slink sizing simply because it is easier to get a reference model for Slink than for Maitreya.  

 

No data at all, just some thoughts.   

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

I do own the Slink Physique Redux, although I don't wear it much because the butt bugs me (on me; I'm sure others have tweaked their shape better!), but I know when I open various clothing packages I do see more options for Physique than I feel as if I have in the past.  Or maybe I'm more keyed into it because I actually own the body now?

Thanks, Ajay. Certainly my own sense of this is very subjective and impressionistic, but as Physique is the first mesh body I owned (and still my favourite, although it tries my patience occasionally), I've been reasonably hyper-aware of the availability of clothing for it, especially once this started to noticeably decline about a year or so ago. But my sample size is a tad small, and my "data" barely that.

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

So far as NEW clothes being made (not on templates) 'I' don't see anything suggesting Slink is making a comeback.  Most original designers are still designing for Maitreya (with Legacy support from many).

You may well be right: your point about new clothing is well taken.

Most of the really popular women's clothing stores -- Addams, Blueberry, for instance -- and a few of the medium--to-large sized ones (Leit Motiv, Ison, etc.) have continued to rig for Physique, so the new releases from these continue to include the make. What I think I've noticed is a bit more inclusiveness from the mid-ranged makers.

However, what I don't know is how many of these garments from mid-range stores are new, especially as I'm seeing a lot of them as weekend sales items. I should maybe start paying more attention to that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

 

However, what I don't know is how many of these garments from mid-range stores are new, especially as I'm seeing a lot of them as weekend sales items. I should maybe start paying more attention to that.

That's a big hint right there.  :D.    But NEW isn't always "better". My favorite formal is many years old and still better than most of the "new" mesh made today :D.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

But NEW isn't always "better". My favorite formal is many years old and still better than most of the "new" mesh made today :D.    

Oh, definitely. Many of my favourite pieces are quite old too. And I find that there is much less diversity in design now, generally: the new releases that I am seeing (and that I know are new) really seem to replicate the same kind of look with minor variation. Both Addams and Blueberry, for instance, produce really beautifully made clothing -- there's no denying the skill and care taken over it -- but they all really kind of look the same, or at least all belong to the same general category of design aesthetic. I don't buy a lot of it because, as nicely made as it is, most of it is a bit . . . meh. To me, anyway.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...