problems with llSetLinkMedia for *.png images

VirtualKitten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi Secondlife Community at large

I am considering how to post and image from a website on a prim face I have tried  llSetLinkMedia but am getting some strange results . When I set the image in the linked prm face media controls it displayed there fine : 9 see image)

9ef7d8f30c9a15225da4e8590febf9d9.png

This then changes after showing the item in world on the linked prim to a 404 message. The face is not 0 it is 1 and the linked item is 4 . I cannot understand this behaviour . As I can find no other way displaying images on a prim every 3 mins or so ?

aba6436270e253f50cd26d7db6aa9474.png

D

5 answers to this question

I have rebuilt my prim and noticed :

1) That the face on the linked prim  only refreshes from the linked prim faces Media Settings page . Pressing Reset buttonwhich  brings it straight in.

I understand that using  'llSetLinkMedia(' according to its accompanying page "if prim media is already on this object, params not specified are unchanged." now this is a problem as the Reset button brings the new png image from the url when you press it .

It would be kind if then someone could explain exactly what this reset button is doing and how to recreate its function from the LSL script library of functions.. I have tried using llClearLinkMedia( before setting the media by :

flags =  llSetLinkMedia(pprim,pface,                             
           [ 
              PRIM_MEDIA_AUTO_PLAY ,TRUE,
              PRIM_MEDIA_AUTO_SCALE, FALSE,
              PRIM_MEDIA_PERMS_CONTROL,PRIM_MEDIA_PERM_NONE,
              PRIM_MEDIA_PERMS_INTERACT, PRIM_MEDIA_PERM_NONE,
              PRIM_MEDIA_CURRENT_URL, URL_ART,
              PRIM_MEDIA_HOME_URL , URL_ART   ]); 

if( flags !=0) {llOwnerSay("Error: "+(string)flags); } else {

//llParcelMediaCommandList([PARCEL_MEDIA_COMMAND_PLAY]);  
      }  

This just leaves the screen white with no texture until you press the button at 1) above with reset on it.

I cannot understand why it is not documented how this rest button works as it seems important that this information is shared to allow image PNG media onto a face of a prim in SL 

I hope some one is able to understand how this works and explain how the reset button works and can be replicated.

Thanks for looking Denise

Edited by VirtualKitten

Hi everyone on Secondlife ,

I found this searching google eventually and am sharing i with you https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/media_settings_general This was not easy to find.  I note it informs me under General Section Heading "Reset: Resets the current URL of the media face to the home page given above. Resetting affects all Residents who are viewing the media."

As I am already setting this in my script PRIM_MEDIA_CURRENT_URL, URL_ART, PRIM_MEDIA_HOME_URL , URL_ART   ]); 

why does this not to the same as this button and definition on wiki?

I presumed the following would therefore do the same thing which unfortunately it did not :

[ 
              PRIM_MEDIA_HOME_URL , URL_ART   ]); 
        llSleep(0.5);
           [ 
              PRIM_MEDIA_CURRENT_URL, llList2String(llGetLinkMedia(1,1,[PRIM_MEDIA_HOME_URL] ),0)]);       

I must conclude that this reset command on media general settings must be doing something else or in addition which is not disclosed

Edited by VirtualKitten
added code

Hi Secondlife Community at large,

Subsequently , I ran a test of this live for two hours on sunday with a new version of code that first placed a different image on to the face before facing the final proper one . This seemed to make the MOAP work and all looked good . During the 2 hours test I had to reset the face MOAP, 9 times as it had stalled to get it loading again. This was during Secondlife maintenance. This reset involved going into edit mode and on the face pressing the reset button.

I spoke to several technical people at Firestorm who informed me that the MOAP did not actually exist as such on the  surface of the face being placed there by slplugin  CEF/Dullham which I was informed reliably that it constructs a viewport on the given prim face and does not exist inside the region. I was also told this was done without Quicktime or Flash.  I was surprised to be informed that this process created no LSL Key for each MOAP . That could be tested in LSL to see if the same MOAP was on surface and had not changed over a given time indicating MOAP had stalled. I was told reliable that if this was not there in the region how could it be checked? It was suggested the fault could potentially be  a firewall or antivirus preventing a timely connection. I explained this was on a web server from placed their from a radio broad cast app  which was quality software and only subject to my fast fibre-connection and the freeze/ stall  was observed by other avatars watching.

Currently, I plan to retest next week to see if this problem persists or was one derived from maintenance.  I am grateful for the Firestorm technician sharing this technical information.

*Hugs* Denise

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.