Mesh uploading problem

CallieCutest

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've finally figure out how to upload my mesh properly with the right shape it was in blender, but it seems that something keeps going wrong in setting because when I upload the mesh turned out like this both times:

1306183254_ScreenShot2020-04-10at1_12_51PM.png.6284e9bf56e70e906312aa2c45a4aa69.png

Can someone take me through the steps to actually upload the mesh model correctly and have it turn out like this in second life? 

2075422151_ScreenShot2020-04-10at1_16_36PM.png.266adbe0518fc54589b1f9b22ab7b4da.png

If what you mean is about the size, scale is key. First, the grid spacing you see in blender equals 1 meter. Second, the object has a property called scale, which keeps tracks of the scale transformation on the object level (for animation purposes). So, when what you see is what you want, apply scale so that the new size becomes the "native" size. Ctrl-A and apply scale (do this in object mode). 

If the issue is in the texture, you have to bake it. What you see in blender is a realtime render that doesn't translate to SL 1to1. So what you need is to bake the texture and, if you want specular highlights in. Realtime, you should also create at least a specular map to go with it in the texture tab

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OptimoMaximo said:

If what you mean is about the size, scale is key. First, the grid spacing you see in blender equals 1 meter. Second, the object has a property called scale, which keeps tracks of the scale transformation on the object level (for animation purposes). So, when what you see is what you want, apply scale so that the new size becomes the "native" size. Ctrl-A and apply scale (do this in object mode). 

If the issue is in the texture, you have to bake it. What you see in blender is a realtime render that doesn't translate to SL 1to1. So what you need is to bake the texture and, if you want specular highlights in. Realtime, you should also create at least a specular map to go with it in the texture tab

Ahh I got it! When I bake the model, does it usually take this long because mine is taking forever, and also you're saying that by baking after I can upload the mesh to SL like normal? 

Thank you so much for replying ❤️

2 hours ago, CallieCutest said:

Ahh I got it! When I bake the model, does it usually take this long because mine is taking forever, and also you're saying that by baking after I can upload the mesh to SL like normal? 

Thank you so much for replying ❤️

The amount of time baking takes depends in part of the size of texture plane you are baking to (512 - 1024 - 2048 etc) AND the quality of the bake.   It also depends a LOT on the power of your computer (mostly the graphics card).  

This is a screenshot of a bake for a large building. The texture plane is 2048 (so four times as big as a 1024 texture). It is baked at a very high resolution. And even though my computer is fairly hefty, it takes a long while :D.  

image.png.1b9607d9f1b9bc3a9f291f47560fafcb.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.