Group chat mega lag

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

33 minutes ago, Phoebe Hazelnut said:

Is this just me or are group chat experiencing heavy lag just recently? It's nearly impossible to talk in a group or conference chat right now...

Also I notice that lands seem to rez way slower and my av needs longer to download after logging in.

Think of the internet as a highway, Phoebe.  The more cars on it, the more congested a highway is - to even where that highway, the cars, might be moving at a slow crawl.  

There is no way to know 100% what your exact problem may be, but it's most likely a congested internet and it will be "slow" and it's not your computer or anything.   

Have you noticed any times of day better than others?  

Edited by FairreLilette

Yes all times better than the last few days. Even conferences with just a few people lag. I need to send messages to groups two or three times and the server tells me, that the message might have been dropped before they appear sometime later. Last time I experienced so poor group chat performance was years ago.

Just now, Rhonda Huntress said:

Chat has always been a gamble with the larger groups but it has been noticeably worse in recent weeks.  I blame it on internet traffic being higher with the world in lock down.

Yes, land rezzing takes longer too. Sometimes need to wait minutes before all grey textures finally disappeared. I am just on a sim with 3 people on it and it takes ages for everything to rez when I cam around. I just ran a few speedtests and I get full speed from the test servers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.