Head skin base stays yellowish, can I remove this?

CeCeGy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello there,

I hope somebody has a solution for my problem. All of my skin colors stay rather dark, I think it's the problem is that the head has this crazy yellow color to start of with. Even when I change my head from Genus to Lelutka the head stays yellow. When applying a skin tone it looks fine until I look at the seem of neck and head. It always loos terrible. Even if I try other skins. Of course I'm wearing matching skins, body tone and head are both the same. Yet it keeps looking terrible, I tried session skin, skinnery, etc...

Snapshot_001.png

Snapshot_003.png

1 hour ago, CeCeGy said:

Hello there,

I hope somebody has a solution for my problem. All of my skin colors stay rather dark, I think it's the problem is that the head has this crazy yellow color to start of with. Even when I change my head from Genus to Lelutka the head stays yellow. When applying a skin tone it looks fine until I look at the seem of neck and head. It always loos terrible. Even if I try other skins. Of course I'm wearing matching skins, body tone and head are both the same. Yet it keeps looking terrible, I tried session skin, skinnery, etc...

Snapshot_001.png

Snapshot_003.png

In these two pics you appear to be wearing a body skin only, and no head skin at all. What you're seeing there on your head is the default Linden system skin. I can recognise it from the eyebrows.

If your face skin is BOM, it will be a separate  tattoo layer which you need to add on top of the body skin.  If it's an applier, you need to make sure that the applier is compatible with your brand of head, wear it (it will show on your screen as a HUD) and click it. You'll also need to wear a head alpha if it's an applier skin otherwise your system head will show through.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CeCeGy said:

Btw, here is a picture when I wear the skintone Honey on body and head.

Snapshot_004.png

Snapshot_005.png

In these two pics you have successfully added your face skin by whatever means it was, but the windlight settings you're using are causing the mismatch between head and neck. If you change your windlight to something like Nam's Optimum Skin, that will improve it. If you're on the official viewer, go into edit sky settings and drop Sun/Moon light to black, raise Ambient light to compensate.

Unless you are using a Skinnery skin. In which case you're probably out of luck - I tried some Skinnery demos and the tones between body and head were way off, even with perfect lighting. I think they have new tones for faces and haven;t updated the body skins to match yet.

17 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

In these two pics you have successfully added your face skin by whatever means it was, but the windlight settings you're using are causing the mismatch between head and neck. If you change your windlight to something like Nam's Optimum Skin, that will improve it. If you're on the official viewer, go into edit sky settings and drop Sun/Moon light to black, raise Ambient light to compensate.

Unless you are using a Skinnery skin. In which case you're probably out of luck - I tried some Skinnery demos and the tones between body and head were way off, even with perfect lighting. I think they have new tones for faces and haven;t updated the body skins to match yet.

Thanks, I will try to change windlights then....and yes, it is skinnery. To bad because I love the skinnery headappliers but this problem is not so pretty. 

7 minutes ago, CeCeGy said:

Thanks, I will try to change windlights then....and yes, it is skinnery. To bad because I love the skinnery headappliers but this problem is not so pretty. 

I'd suggest switching to Pink Fuel, they have a similar look to Skinnery and if you're using BOM, their Classic skins are just L$150 each (though their applier skins are overpriced IMO).

4 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

I'd suggest switching to Pink Fuel, they have a similar look to Skinnery and if you're using BOM, their Classic skins are just L$150 each (though their applier skins are overpriced IMO).

Thanks so much for the tip, I will take a look in to that! I'm using BOM at the moment.

• Like 1

Are you always trying the same set of body parts or have you pulled fresh copies from a redelivered box?

The very first pic suggests that there might be a very shiny layer switched on on the head and the eyes. That can contribute to mismatches, but the seam you're showing is pretty extreme.

Perhaps you can share screenshots of the HUDs for your body parts as well as well as one that shows the full list of what you're wearing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 3:50 PM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Are you always trying the same set of body parts or have you pulled fresh copies from a redelivered box?

The very first pic suggests that there might be a very shiny layer switched on on the head and the eyes. That can contribute to mismatches, but the seam you're showing is pretty extreme.

Perhaps you can share screenshots of the HUDs for your body parts as well as well as one that shows the full list of what you're wearing.

I switched about everything, I even went back to a fresh beginner avatar. I found out that when I apply the skinnery BODY skin on my legacy body  it also gives a dark base to my head. I then tried my Lelutka head and I got this result that you see in the picture. When starting over again and using the genus head I got the same result. So I switched body's when I use a Maitreya body there is no problem with skinnery skin. I noticed that the only skin working for me on legacy without to much color difference is, Glam Affair. I bought so many skins these last days and tried so many options because I really love the legacy body too bad the skins of skinnery (the ones I love the most) look this terrible in combo with legacy. Thanks for helping out though! 

How about contacting The Skinnery or ask in The Skinnery group chat? Maybe someone has solved the problem. I do not know how someone can say it is the body that is the problem, since it is affecting the head. The controllers for a body does not affect a head.

Even if they use Maitreya or the Legacy.

What I can think about is that some of the body parts has BoM turned on and some has them turned off.

Or that she is using a mix of appliers and system skins. Let me try to explain: A male alt has BoM head but uses appliers on the body because the skin maker has not made BoM body skins. Another alt, female, is using an applier for the head and BoM for the body. So I must be sure that I am using the correct product for the different parts. The male must use a system tattoo layer for his face and body appliers. The female must use an applier for the facial skin and a system skin for the body, and the body parts must be set accordingly to that.

It is so many skin parts. It is a skin option for using a mesh head with a system body. These kind of skins has an orange face. The skin will look good on a BoM body, but have an orange face.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

I took off both the head and the body, to show some base skins. This is on the default body and head, so it is how the creator made them. I have from top left: New Faces, The Skinnery Sienna, Pumec Oksana and The Skinnery Ciara.

The Skinnery skins comes with head appliers.

The next picture shows LeLutka head with the system body, the system skin from The Skinnery, and the skin applier used on the head. Body and head look the same.

The last picture is with BoM on both body and head. The skin is baked on the body and the head.

I suggest you do as I, take off the body and the head to see if you have a skin like this.

Edit: I think my head is white because it is a LeLutka without materials. Materials layers adds shine. I used an old head so I should not lose my current look. I did not pay attention to the neck, so it is a crack here. Could be because I should have a different head alpha.

base skin collage.jpg

skinbase_005.jpg

skinbase_006.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.