My mesh looks COMEPLTELY different in SL than Blender..

CallieCutest

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've had this problem with another mesh of mine but this time I really want to try and submit an item for easter! Sadly, my mesh on blender and second life are two completely different things and I'm so annoyed because I have no idea what i'm doing wrong! 

Here the mesh from blenderhttps://gyazo.com/160d2ca533e5b9bef508b74753b058cf

And here is how it turns out on second life: https://gyazo.com/01db23b8f2541bc3be0625f162eeea57

Someone please help, I don't want this nice mesh I worked so hard on to go to waste :/

20 minutes ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

Check the scaling of your object.

Check that it's all a single mesh.

Check that you use the SL/Opensim export preset.

Thank you for replying! It is a single mesh I know that, but as fo the other two: How would I check the scaling? And also I'm using Blender 2.8 instead of 2.79 so I just export collada (dae.) the same way I would for 2.79 so I would hope that's not my problem

12 minutes ago, CallieCutest said:

Thank you for replying! It is a single mesh I know that, but as fo the other two: How would I check the scaling?

I'm not sure but I think it's the same in 2.8 as in 2.79: In object mode, hit Ctrl+A and select apply Scale, rotation and location.

I dn't think that's the problem here though. It seems to me you've added some modifiers and forgot to apply them before exporting.

17 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

I'm not sure but I think it's the same in 2.8 as in 2.79: In object mode, hit Ctrl+A and select apply Scale, rotation and location.

I dn't think that's the problem here though. It seems to me you've added some modifiers and forgot to apply them before exporting.

Thank you! I applied all of them ( I had quite a few lol)  And these are the results: https://gyazo.com/3168c0ecb3a057f354d55f3c40acbf60

This is the mesh in the highest graphic mode, why does it look like it has no texture because the original in blender has shine, etc.

Just now, CallieCutest said:

Thank you! I applied all of them ( I had quite a few lol)  And these are the results: https://gyazo.com/3168c0ecb3a057f354d55f3c40acbf60

Glad to ehar that worked. But it emphasizes something I've been trying to plug here on the forums: When you're making game/virtual world assets in Blender, it's Edit mode, not Object mode that is the main mode! I don't really recommend usng modifiers to change an object's shape anyway, there are far more precise tools in edit mode. But if you do, go to edit mode afterwards to check if the model needs cleaning model (it usually does). That also means you'll notice right away if you've forgotten to apply any modifiers since they won't show up in edit mode either.

5 minutes ago, CallieCutest said:

This is the mesh in the highest graphic mode, why does it look like it has no texture because the original in blender has shine, etc.

Normal and Specular maps are not included in the dae file, you'll have to add them after uploading.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Glad to ehar that worked. But it emphasizes something I've been trying to plug here on the forums: When you're making game/virtual world assets in Blender, it's Edit mode, not Object mode that is the main mode! I don't really recommend usng modifiers to change an object's shape anyway, there are far more precise tools in edit mode. But if you do, go to edit mode afterwards to check if the model needs cleaning model (it usually does). That also means you'll notice right away if you've forgotten to apply any modifiers since they won't show up in edit mode either.

Normal and Specular maps are not included in the dae file, you'll have to add them after uploading.

I'm so sorry to keep bothering you, but how do I add them? I'm like a fulltime newbie to this, I only know how to mesh, nothing else LOL

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2020 at 3:59 PM, CallieCutest said:

I'm so sorry to keep bothering you, but how do I add [Normal and Specular maps]?

Upload the normal and specular map images separately, rez your object in a sandbox, then assign the textures to it in the appropriate edit panel.

You don't necessarily need a specular map, by the way. If the whole thing has the same shininess you can give the entire object one setting straight from the panel. If you've set different "faces" by using multiple materials, you can even set them individually.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.