Show in search box

Amigaaaaaa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

Can somebody please tell me what to do:

I have a shop and i have about 200 items on it.

Now ......... I didnt know about this ticking  "show in search" box, so ALL my items are now not showing in the search.

Can anybody please tell me how to tick on the box for all the items in one go?

Or do i really have to solve that one by one????

Thank you.....

The show in search option

The show in search doesn't really have anything to do with the search engine, except it only works if you're paying the 30 L$/week fee for having your parcel listed there.

Somewhere buried deep in the darkest basement of the SL web site, there is a dusty old page with some statistics about your parcel. That's where those items show up, nowhere else. As far as I know, nobody but Toady and Flea use or even remember that old part of SL anymore.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1

Thank you ChinRey, but......when you put on an item on MP there is that show in search box that you have to tick. For what reason is the box there then?

And why doesnt my items show up in the mp search??

How will people find my items then?

So...when i own a parcel and have a shop and pay the weekly 30 linden, it will show up in the search engine?  Or is renting a parcel and paying the 30 linden also good?

Ufff......lot to learn here.

Thanks

44 minutes ago, Amigaaaaaa said:

For what reason is the box there then?

It's something that dates back to the stone age of SL when they had totally different search functions than we have today.

It can still be useful though. I mentioned that the Grendels Children owners, Toady and Flea, still use it. What they do, is include the URL to the dusty old stats page in their welcome message to visitors. That's a quick and easy way to add a list of all items for sale in their inworld store. The list is a bit of a mess but it works as long as you don't have too many items in it.

44 minutes ago, Amigaaaaaa said:

Thank you ChinRey, but......when you put on an item on MP there is that show in search box that you have to tick.

No. MP search is another fine mess and totally separate from anything inworld.

I can't say for sure why your list don't show up in search there, there are so many possible explanations.

The most common problem is that it does actually show up but only on page 138 of the search results, way below all the keyword spammers' listings.

Another common problem is keywords in the product description. The MP search engine ignores the product description completely, it only searches the keywords, title, and product features fields.

Edited by ChinRey

Mmmmmmm.....thank you again ChinRey......

We only have a shop on MP.  No shop in World.

So i cant really do anything about the fact that my items dont show up in the search of the mp then. Even typing  in the search of mp the title  they dont show up.

I am a little bit disappointed and  sad about this :(

1 hour ago, Amigaaaaaa said:

So i cant really do anything about the fact that my items dont show up in the search of the mp then. Even typing  in the search of mp the title  they dont show up.

I am a little bit disappointed and  sad about this :(

Welcome to the club. ;)

MP is not a useable promotional tool for new merchants so forget about that, at least for now. If you want sales, you need to get people to go to your store specifically, not to MP in general.

There is one thing you shuold do, if you haven't already, to check if your items really don't show up or are just drowned in the spam. Go to your store and search it only.

Edited by ChinRey

Thank you very much Chinrey. I have changed some words of an item in the  keywords, title, and product features fields. And NOW this item shows up in the MP search. I will do that will all the items. You made me a little happy today, thanks :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.