Alyona Su

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 5/12/2020 at 1:12 AM, Seicher Rae said:

How on earth does anyone get into tussles on a "missing you" thread?!

I heard it said that dialog is conflict. Some people apparently take that to heart and want to "win" every conversation.

• Like 2

I just listened to this today, came here, saw this thread and this kind of fits, so i have to post:

This to all of you who are missing Alyona Su or someone

Edited by Ansiri
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Or some people like pointing out the obvious even if not wanted or liked by others.

Last year, it would have been fair to say that the most likely reason for someone not being around is they were busy with something else. This year, we're in the middle of a pandemic. I'm seeing people I know in Second Life confirmed dead at a rate that hasn't happened before, because this is the first pandemic that's happened during Second Life's history (and during my lifetime as I'm not in my hundreds).

So the obvious thing is that people are worried because the chances of someone being dead are a lot higher right now. It's obvious that some of them will have already had friends/family die recently, making this a sensitive time for them. Obviously, people are hoping that it turns out to be nothing, but it might not, and it should be obvious that it doesn't help to shout at people for having feelings about that. Which means the obvious thing to do is to give people some space and not feel it's your duty to be a jerk to them.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

Last year, it would have been fair to say that the most likely reason for someone not being around is they were busy with something else. This year, we're in the middle of a pandemic. I'm seeing people I know in Second Life confirmed dead at a rate that hasn't happened before, because this is the first pandemic that's happened during Second Life's history (and during my lifetime as I'm not in my hundreds).

So the obvious thing is that people are worried because the chances of someone being dead are a lot higher right now. It's obvious that some of them will have already had friends/family die recently, making this a sensitive time for them. Obviously, people are hoping that it turns out to be nothing, but it might not, and it should be obvious that it doesn't help to shout at people for having feelings about that. Which means the obvious thing to do is to give people some space and not feel it's your duty to be a jerk to them.

in other words should cater to the pansy because they have thin skin at the moment and cant handle the rough reality. that a lot of people may leave here because they just got tired or burned out and need a break.

if she is dead no one here will probably ever know unless she left some message for a family member to come her and tell others. which then not everyone would believe anyways, because that is faked so much on the internet its not even funny.

so unless someone knew her outside of sl.. aka talked on skype or zoom or phone or by snail mail, then there is a likelyhood no one will know ever unless she comes back at some point in time if ever.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold

6 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

n other words should cater to the pansy because they have thin skin at the moment and cant handle the rough reality. that a lot of people may leave here because they just got tired or burned out and need a break.

The pansy?  Do you realise that is a homophobic slur on someone.  

5 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

no its not, not in my lexicon. im poly pansexual.. so I have no such thoughts in my head. dont try to assume your definition of the word is the same as mine.

Then please educate me on your definition of the word.

8 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Then please educate me on your definition of the word.

simple it means I think some people are taking things to serious because they are to weak in other area;s of their life. it has nothing to do with gender or sexual identification to me.

a pansy is someone who cries foul play all the time  when things dont go their way. they make a big stink about things until people capitulate and give in to their way of thinking or wanting things to be.

cindy im brutally honest when I speak, I dont sugar coat words to make people feel good. I dont do that. I dont believe in toxic positivism. where you spout false sympathy or pity or empathy for someone when you really dont know or care about them.

either alyona will be back and tell what happened or wont, or she isnt and so be it.  posting on a forum hoping she see's it or that someone who knows her sees it and shows it to her is pretty pointless.

no matter how long someone has been here, they do tend to leave for what ever reason they have and owe no explanation to anyone here ever. sl is not the be all or end all of everyone's life. people do get burned out from it and need to take a break and do not have to tell others why or feel anything if they are missed.

it could be any number of reasons she is not here up to and including she died from the virus. this is the problem with online social media you have no real connection with anyone here outside of the forums or inworld yet some like to think they are entitled to know every thing about that other person and why they are missing or not logged in for a while. when they are not.

either she will be back or she wont. its not the right of anyone to try and pressure her to come back like these kinds of threads tend to be about.

OH I MISS YOU COME BACK!!!

2 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

simple it means I think some people are taking things to serious because they are to weak in other area;s of their life. it has nothing to do with gender or sexual identification to me.

a pansy is someone who cries foul play all the time  when things dont go their way. they make a big stink about things until people capitulate and give in to their way of thinking or wanting things to be.

cindy im brutally honest when I speak, I dont sugar coat words to make people feel good. I dont do that. I dont believe in toxic positivism. where you spout false sympathy or pity or empathy for someone when you really dont know or care about them.

Then I really can't understand why you would participate in a thread in the correct forum of missed connections posted by someone checking up on a long time forum user who hasn't been around for a few weeks.  You could just scroll on by

4 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Then I really can't understand why you would participate in a thread in the correct forum of missed connections posted by someone checking up on a long time forum user who hasn't been around for a few weeks.  You could just scroll on by

because I dont have to just scroll by..just because someone thinks I should because they dont like how I replied.

anyways I got other things to do today like paint a room, change some lights, replace some wall sockets at a familiy members house to help them out. so tata for now.

• Like 1

I've got ice cream. And sunshine. And birds taking a bath in water bowls on my balcony. And some amazing real life friends sending inspirational messages and promises of outings after all of this weird stuff is over. 

I hope Alyona Su, wherever you may be, has joys like these too. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Because, as this person has stated in another thread (which they hijacked with nonsense), apparently it has nothing better to do in its life. It thinks it is playing the Devil's advocate or something, but pretty much stated in its own words that it has endless energy and time to be a troll. And honestly, not a very smart troll, imho. It kind of makes me wistful for one or two of the old forum trolls, back ten years ago or so, because then we at least one guy who while annoying and troll-y as could be, was at least often amusingly & intellectualy adroit. This one, who isn't that, must have gotten bored over there on the other thread and has moved over here.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Because, as this person has stated in another thread (which they hijacked with nonsense), apparently it has nothing better to do in its life. It thinks it is playing the Devil's advocate or something, but pretty much stated in its own words that it has endless energy and time to be a troll. And honestly, not a very smart troll, imho. It kind of makes me wistful for one or two of the old forum trolls, back ten years ago or so, because then we at least one guy who while annoying and troll-y as could be, was at least often amusingly & intellectualy adroit. This one, who isn't that, must have gotten bored over there on the other thread and has moved over here.

your amusing, your thoughts about me and your feelings about me. please dont change. you seem to think it bothers me or hurts me. it doesn't.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

your amusing, your thoughts about me and your feelings about me. please dont change. you seem to think it bothers me or hurts me. it doesn't.

Nope, just a PSA to other Forumites, because I'm a giver.

I don't have the credentials to try to figure out your motivations, or what does or doesn't bother you. Here's another concept: And I don't care to know what they are. :) 

Don't you have all sorts of busy things to be doing today, to prove you have a life?

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

Nope, just a PSA to other Forumites, because I'm a giver.

I don't have the credentials to try to figure out your motivations, or what does or doesn't bother you. Here's another concept: And I don't care to know what they are. :) 

Don't you have all sorts of busy things to be doing today, to prove you have a life?

actually yes I have other things to do, and I intend to go do them in a few minutes. even I take a break from these forums at times. lol...

• Sad 1

Guys, there's really no need to be arguing here. 

I don't believe Alyona to be the kind of person to just up and leave without a very good reason, or because she is otherwise unable to get online. She had access to the forums both from her home and from her workplace, and we communicated through PMs pretty much all the time when she wasn't in-world. 

We'd been seeing each other from a little while before Christmas, and she'd even gotten Discord so that we could communicate whilst I went home to visit my family for Christmas. So there's no shortage of channels that she could reach out through, and leaves me to conclude that: A) she's ghosting me (and the entire forum community in the process) - which I find unlikely, or B) something severe enough that she can't pick up her phone or reach her computer to let me or anyone else know has happened. Whichever it is, and I don't want to speculate about it here, all I'm hoping is that she's okay, and that she'll return someday. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.