Jump to content

Ban lines in Bellisseria - Log Cabins


Claireschen Hesten
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

So shortly after Bellisseria was released the ability to use ban lines was removed however i noticed today while going through the about land window on my Angstrom property that the land access options are no longer greyed out and log home owners can set what ever land access they want and put up ban lines, Is this ability intentional¬†ūüėü or simply an oversight. I haven't seen any ban lines yet in the areas i have explored and wont be using them myself¬†

Myhome_0019_011_edited.jpg.f4baf85e100ac942bd8c2a9cff7ccc6e.jpgMyhome_0019_012_edited.jpg.5a7f19cb01ff76e18b69ba8249e641d9.jpgMyhome_0019_013_edited.jpg.7b1558818474e5231fe7181df434ec86.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is still 'security' systems in Bellisseria, tho it operates differently. Am unsure about the Log Home regions, but I'd imagine it's same of original Bellisseria regions. I've not found any Ban Lines over Log Homes and have done many flights watching it come together (and landing on the different lakes). 

The difference is.. it's no longer 'Ban Lines... that absolutely BLOCK other out (to 4000m high). Instead it prompts a warning to LEAVE within 20 seconds.. than encroaching person is booted out. I've received MANY of these prompts... nearly every flight of any distance. 

This is done to 'allow' easier flights over/thru an owner's secure parcel. So if I'm flying over.. as long as I KEEP MOVING.. I can be out/beyond it before the 20 second limit. As opposed to me, and my aircraft, being STUCK beyond use.. and nearly requiring a re-log. 

Edited by TechDave
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

So shortly after Bellisseria was released the ability to use ban lines was removed however i noticed today while going through the about land window on my Angstrom property that the land access options are no longer greyed out and log home owners can set what ever land access they want and put up ban lines, Is this ability intentional¬†ūüėü or simply an oversight. I haven't seen any ban lines yet in the areas i have explored and wont be using them myself¬†

It is a goof.  I believe one of the Moles has been notified and I think someone also opened a ticket.  It was being talked about in one of the other threads.

Anyone that uses the setting will likely not get in trouble, but the ability will disappear soon like it did when Bellisseria first came about.

 

 

 

17 minutes ago, TechDave said:

Actually I found another security orb too that booted within 1 second, tho it was over newer houseboat region. 

Most definitely AR that

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Ban lines can be seen at ground level as tested by my alt with access turned off i am aware after a certain height they disappear so they can be flown over

Myhome_0019_014.thumb.png.6ddf301bc9b760495e8e6bad2209bf17.png

Contact Support so they can correct the issue. That's what I did, and it was fixed the same day I reported it (today). This is a known issue, but it won't hurt to let them know the names of the regions experiencing the problem.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, TechDave said:

There is still 'security' systems in Bellisseria, tho it operates differently. Am unsure about the Log Home regions, but I'd imagine it's same of original Bellisseria regions. I've not found any Ban Lines over Log Homes and have done many flights watching it come together (and landing on the different lakes). 

The difference is.. it's no longer 'Ban Lines... that absolutely BLOCK other out (to 4000m high). Instead it prompts a warning to LEAVE within 20 seconds.. than encroaching person is booted out. I've received MANY of these prompts... nearly every flight of any distance. 

This is done to 'allow' easier flights over/thru an owner's secure parcel. So if I'm flying over.. as long as I KEEP MOVING.. I can be out/beyond it before the 20 second limit. As opposed to me, and my aircraft, being STUCK beyond use.. and nearly requiring a re-log. 

I prefer this warning, since I have to close a blue pop-up window if it is that. But the warning in local chat fades away by itself. I was flying low in a hot air balloon once and tried to take sunset pictures of Bellisseria. It was practical to ignore the warnings while I tried different windlights and angles,  just sail over.

Private orbs also has to set enough time to get out. This is very considerate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today I went looking for that one nasty Orb, couldn't find it. When flying along at 40-60 mps and you get popped outta plane and dropped to bottom of sea.. it's difficult to identify which parcel caused it... only the prompts that state you've been booted. Of today's little search I found 6 parcels with security 'set':


LH - Security System // V2.3.1: You are in a restricted area. Please leave within 15 seconds.
LH - Security System // V2.3.1: You are in a restricted area. Please leave within 15 seconds.
Mint Premium Security Orb V1.9.0: Hey √źavy Lee Kő∑eŌČlz, WARNING! You are not allowed in this area
You have 15s to leave.
LH - Security System // V2.3.1: You are in a restricted area. Please leave within 15 seconds.
LH - Security System // V2.3.1: You are in a restricted area. Please leave within 30 seconds.
LH - Security System // V2.3.1: You are in a restricted area. Please leave within 15 seconds.

These are friendly-er settings, standard, was able to keep moving. I"m assuming it was that third one and they got the 'settings' adjusted. No reason to really report these.  Orbs, in general secure a smaller area... I believe. NOT everything up to 4000m up.... as do the LH & old Ban Lines did. I may have been flying a bit higher today... as I didn't want my copter noise to disturb others!   I do often tree-top buzz!! but try to avoid that... Roof-top buzzing is inconsiderate and I try to avoid that (easy to do with houseboats tho!)

 

Edited by TechDave
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, TechDave said:

Well.. I just took a flight... hunting for Ban Lines. I found them, so you are correct. 

Actually I found another security orb too that booted within 1 second, tho it was over newer houseboat region. 

AR it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

I haven't yet seen in person an instance where the estate setting was incorrect or a parcel land setting showed access restricted to a group in about land, only ever to specific accounts. 

This is in the new log cabin regions definitely last in Angstrom i could restrict access to more than just the ban list and thought it might be a log cabin wide thing. Having just logged in i got a message the access settings have now been forced to public went to check my parcel and indeed they have

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

I haven't yet seen in person an instance where the estate setting was incorrect or a parcel land setting showed access restricted to a group in about land, only ever to specific accounts. 

My parcel had already been corrected by the time you checked it yesterday. I did see Derrick in the area for quite some time, but I think he left before you arrived. I'm assuming he flipped some switch because I was indeed able to uncheck the "Anyone can visit" box yesterday morning, but later on, the box changed to being greyed out. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moles

I went to Angstrom yesterday. I could not locate a parcel set to group access only. As it says in my profile, you know where "your home" is. I barely know where "my home" is. I have absolutely no clue where "your home" is, (or your alts home). Unless I know where to look it's impossible to figure out if there is actually a problem or what is going on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...