Do you need to vent about things COVID-19?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Not Covid related, (was a rarer, horrid wasting disease), but saw off a lifelong family friend today.
My life has changed forever. 😔 

I'm sorry Maryanne. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. We all need help at times like this, I am here for you.

hug.gif.c02503017ef98d45f8e6c775115f8e57.gif

• Like 4

Several days ago, the biped did go get the COVID test done. The kind they stick up your nose. Ew. Ick. Ow. Bleck.

/me rubs paw across nose in sympathy

For a bunch of stupid reasons, not entirely in Seicher's scope of control, she ended up doing the test at the nearby ER.

Good news: She doesn't have COVID. She also doesn't have blood clots being thrown around from the surgery done in October.

Bad news: They declared "zomg, we think you had a heart attack!" (I'm pretty sure those are the words used.) And "zomg, we are going to treat you for having a heart attack until we figure this all out! zomg! We are going to transfer you to the big hospital!"

Many days later, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, and every test done under the sun and:

Good news: SR's heart is stupidly healthy. The cardiologist actually said, "Your imaging looks like a textbook image of a normal, healthy heart." No plaque no nothing. No fluid around the heart nor in the lungs. Strong and healthy muscle contractions. Valves A-OK.

She never had a heart attack (except upon hearing repeatedly, "You had a heart attack.").

Diagnosis: "I dunno"... Idiopathic wtf?

After the restrictive diet, SR did a total cat thing and drove straight to the nearest fast food place and ordered (and ate) a bacon cheeseburger and fries and a chocolate shake to dunk the fries into, because she COULD! Her heart can take it!

2020, amirite?

(Writing 3rd person like that is difficult.)

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Rat Luv said:

Now I'm more scared about the swab up the nose than getting coronavirus :/

It is NOT pleasant, but it is over soon as is the feeling of wanting to paw your nose off afterwards. Getting blood drawn isn't pleasant either. The nose thing isn't something to be afraid of, just realize it won't rank up there with the 1 million most fun things to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rat Luv said:

@GatogateauThat's bonkers! I hope they didn't charge you $$$...as it was their mistake?

But good news too!

I'm so poor I'm on Medicaid.

It wasn't a mistake, though. It was an abundance of caution. There WERE indicators showing "heart attack" (including an enzyme, troponin, which can indicate there was heart damage). I cannot argue with "abundance of caution." They acted as if I had had a heart attack until tests proved to them otherwise. I am glad the final diagnosis was "nope, not that, not at all, we haven't a clue what it IS."

The big hospital, which is supposed to be such a jewel of American medicine, has a way of forgetting patients are people, and instead treats them like numbers, everyone falls into a computerized collection of treatments, etc.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

It is NOT pleasant, but it is over soon as is the feeling of wanting to paw your nose off afterwards. Getting blood drawn isn't pleasant either. The nose thing isn't something to be afraid of, just realize it won't rank up there with the 1 million most fun things to do.

The blood draw is a finger *****, not insert needle into vein type. 

They're not sticking anything up my nose. They can either ***** my finger or swab my throat. 

Are you freaking kidding me @Linden Lab

image.png.4a4228e75f5b5fc6622fec8215ccf40f.png

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Gage Wirefly said:

I can attest that this image seems accurate as to how it feels.

hcJaRhr.png

Anytime anyone has tried to stick anything into the back of my nose while I'm awake, I've gagged and threw up all over them.  When I was going in for surgery years ago and had to have a tube into my nose and down my throat, they had to sedate me before they could even get the tube in.  It was not a pretty picture.  

Not sure if that swab would invoke the same reaction, but since part of our gag reflex is mental, I think I'll skip that for as long as possible.

Just now, Amina Sopwith said:

I learned that "wrist watch" needs to be two words.

OMFG. That's just ridiculous. Someone needs to tone down the filter. Filtering out words because of slang is taking it too far, especially when the slang falls in the middle of a word that has been in use for more than a century.

We are not children. Granted, some of us do act that way once in a while, still, we are not children.

16 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

It's not that bad really.. If you've ever been tested for the flu or things like that , they pretty much do the same thing..

For me it just felt more weird than anything.. Made me do the bunny nose wiggle.. things like that..hehehe

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

I've been tested and while it's not fun, it's really not that bad. Once I was able to keep my tongue down so the nurse could reach my tonsils, that bit is over in a second. The nose is just very tickly, like sniffing pepper very deeply. Honestly, it's not that bad.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

OMFG. That's just ridiculous. Someone needs to tone down the filter. Filtering out words because of slang is taking it too far, especially when the slang falls in the middle of a word that has been in use for more than a century.

We are not children. Granted, some of us do act that way once in a while, still, we are not children.

My favourite is that there is at least one legacy name for residents -- Swee*****er -- that gets censored, even if you are tagging them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.