Do you need to vent about things COVID-19?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

37 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Daffy, I have a couple of questions.

If someone had seen this guy push you to the side how would you feel if they came up and asked you, "Excuse me, but did you *want* that man to move you and your chair?"

Then:

How would you feel if that person then walked up to the guy who moved you and while not making a huge, loud, scene DID tell the guy off in some fashion?

My initial reaction to your story was horror, along with everyone else who has comment, anger, sadness and Velk's statement that someone should have picked the offensive person up and moved HIM.

I really don't know. I'm not someone who likes attention on me in the first place. I like to go about my business and others to do the same. I actually do try to avoid interacting with others in public since I'm deaf. The communication barrier can be stressful at times although I can read lips. I also make sure I'm careful of this because I'm a small female who is helpless to a large extent and alone. I really don't wish strangers who could do harm to know how helpless if that makes sense.

Although the sentiment is sweet and gallant, I don't want someone going out of their way to help me. I feel it would be unfair to the person involving themselves. I try to live as independently as I can. It would be different if it were my hubby saying something.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Velk Kerang said:

Rather then the government setting up voting online to lower the risk of exposure we have them scarring people in to going out to the polls claiming the mail can be tampered with

You should look into Oregon's mail in ballot method that has been in use successfully with no voter fraud for over 20 years. Voting online is just as susceptible to hacking as anything else online just like those damn electronic voting machines can be hacked. Mail in ballots don't have that problem.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

As a cat, I'm really peeved that I don't have hands (and thumbs) and so rely upon stupid people to open cans of my food. What a stupid system. (And yes, theoretically I could forage, but when was the last time you really enjoyed a meal of grasshoppers (a study was done that showed feral cats' predominant meals were grasshoppers) (see, you can learn things in the forums)?)

kittyball.gif.ca8e1164b8a73937dcc7e2ef4f297091.gif

It is not your human's fault your momma didn't teach you to hunt mice. Stop being DLC. Even us canines learn to hunt mice you know. 😜

Damn Lazy Cat

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

I really don't know. I'm not someone who likes attention on me in the first place. I like to go about my business and others to do the same. I actually do try to avoid interacting with others in public since I'm deaf. The communication barrier can be stressful at times although I can read lips. I also make sure I'm careful of this because I'm a small female who is helpless to a large extent and alone. I really don't wish strangers who could do harm to know how helpless if that makes sense.

Although the sentiment is sweet and gallant, I don't want someone going out of their way to help me. I feel it would be unfair to the person involving themselves. I try to live as independently as I can. It would be different if it were my hubby saying something.

When I grow up, I want to be like you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You should look into Oregon's mail in ballot method that has been in use successfully with no voter fraud for over 20 years. Voting online is just as susceptible to hacking as anything else online just like those damn electronic voting machines can be hacked. Mail in ballots don't have that problem.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already had that argument and lost that battle mate. lol :D

That is really awful what happened @Dafadilia Wayfarer We are all frustrated and scared by what's going on, there's no excuse for that. 

I've been lucky, the worst is that I sometimes walk in the road when people walk up really close. But my sister was in a supermarket and some guy queuing behind her started getting angry and yelling about how he hates people wearing masks. She asked him to step back because he was really close and he kicked his basket across the floor and it hit her heel, then he stormed out! It's so stupid. 

• Like 3

Looks like the UK might be going under national lockdown again from Weds next week :S

I personally don't mind in a way because I am happy to stay at home if that's what it takes,  and read and study, and don't mind my own company. And I am grateful, because others have not been so lucky this year...but not having seen anyone in my family since March (or most friends), and not knowing if I'll even see them at Christmas, is doing my head in a bit. 

Edited by Rat Luv
added a line
  • Like 1

Whenever you hear CoVid numbers make sure you get the rest of the numbers then check them against pre-CoVid numbers.

When given new positive cases increased by __% ask how much testing increased in that period.

In San Diego Country positive cases bumped up to 7.4% last week requiring a new max level lock down be in place the next week. County, city, and citizens objected so loudly Sacramento recalc'd adjusting for the increased testing and GOSH SL County came in below the 7% limit and can remain partially open. If people had not pressed back on Sacramento and questioned the numbers many more people would have been pushed into poverty. Sacramento doesn't care about people. There is an election agenda.

When told hospitals are filling up... think about it. We emptied the hospitals to prepare for CoVid. What is the normal average occupancy for hospitals pre-CoVid? What percent of the patients are CoVid patients and why were they admitted? What percent are dying? Without those numbers we can't know how serious the situation is.

Currently SD County has a population of 3.3+ million and 881 Covid deaths to date or 0.027% of the population died. 99.973% survived. So far... and death rates continue to drop.

We know CoVid death numbers are hinky from the CDC, state, and county numbers pre-CoVid. Compare prior years' flu deaths to 2020. Something is wrong in the numbers for 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 to date. The seasonal flu, heart attack, cancer, and other causes of death have decreased while CoVid deaths have jumped up. Why would heart attacks decrease in a stressful pandemic?

We are hearing of loads of antidotal stories and reports from medical personnel in doctors offices and hospitals, along with doctors of how those dying from and dying with CoVid are all put in the from-column regardless of why they died. Fall from a ladder and die with CoVid and it is recorded as a CoVid death.

We know the numbers are off. We just can't know by how much, a little or a lot?

In Europe the positive cases are surging. But, are they testing more or less or the same? What is the death rate now? Look at a chart of the deaths compared to the cases. Australian news has a bunch of articles on Europe's puzzling spike in positive cases and the steadily decreasing death rate from CoVid. (Don't use Google to find those articles. You won't.) And it can't be explained by just better treatment. Something else is going on. Partial immunity from colds and seasonal flu is suspected along with some herd immunity. But no one is sure.

Without close examination of the numbers we can't know what is real. And finding honest numbers is hard.

The Australians have a treatment for CoVid. It is very effective. But it can't be used in the US.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

*stuff*

We are hearing of loads of antidotal stories

*more stuff*

The word you are grasping for is probably 'anecdotal - (of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.'

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

In Europe the positive cases are surging. But, are they testing more or less or the same? What is the death rate now? Look at a chart of the deaths compared to the cases. Australian news has a bunch of articles on Europe's puzzling spike in positive cases and the steadily decreasing death rate from CoVid. (Don't use Google to find those articles. You won't.) And it can't be explained by just better treatment. Something else is going on. Partial immunity from colds and seasonal flu is suspected along with some herd immunity. But no one is sure.

The death rates lag behind infection rates (obviously) and they are climbing in Europe and it looks like they're picking up in the United States. The lower death rates than in the spring can have several causes. More testing now reveals more asymptomatic cases, the spring rates may have actually been lower than they appear because we missed a bunch of cases. Better treatment is obviously a factor. Lower viral loads in people who are catching it now because of social distancing and masks is also probably  helping, too.

Articles on this aren't impossible or even difficult to find.

6 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Nice of you to turn up, Boris. I don't know what took so long. I know it's Halloween, but none of you lot needed costumes.

So, within a few days, I've read Germany, France, Britain and Portugal are going into partial lockdown.   Britain was just announced today.

It's only a matter of time it will happen here in the USA also.  Politicians are possibly staving off lockdown because they want people to go out and vote on November 3rd.  

Yes, I need to vent at COVID-19 but it's really Washington, D.C. and politcians I really could throw pies in their face about now.  Jerks and that's simply sparing you all my anger and being a lady...JERKS!  JERKS!  JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERKS!  Bunch of idiot, corrupt talking heads that manipulate stock markets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You do know the rich can make money when the stock market goes down; it's called "shorting" the market.  G-DAM JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERKS!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by FairreLilette

3 hours ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

The death rates lag behind infection rates (obviously) and they are climbing in Europe and it looks like they're picking up in the United States. The lower death rates than in the spring can have several causes. More testing now reveals more asymptomatic cases, the spring rates may have actually been lower than they appear because we missed a bunch of cases. Better treatment is obviously a factor. Lower viral loads in people who are catching it now because of social distancing and masks is also probably  helping, too.

Articles on this aren't impossible or even difficult to find.

I agree, they know much more about the virus now than they did in the beginning and treating it more effectively, plus masks could be a big factor in taking in less of the virus than without wearing one.. I know I'm not taking mine off when I'm out..there are too many people walking around acting like things are back to normal..whatever normal is..hehehe

This showed up on my recommended page on youtube and is pretty interesting..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
forgot to add the video..
  • Like 2

On 10/31/2020 at 1:28 AM, Rat Luv said:

Looks like the UK might be going under national lockdown again from Weds next week :S

I personally don't mind in a way because I am happy to stay at home if that's what it takes,  and read and study, and don't mind my own company. And I am grateful, because others have not been so lucky this year...but not having seen anyone in my family since March (or most friends), and not knowing if I'll even see them at Christmas, is doing my head in a bit. 

You was wrong you going in a lockdown from Thursday. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Zzevir said:
On 10/30/2020 at 7:28 PM, Rat Luv said:

You was wrong you going in a lockdown from Thursday. 

Seems somewhat petty to come tell someone they were wrong for being off by a single day.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.