Do you need to vent about things COVID-19?

24 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

And Justin Bieber. And Nickelback. Egads, have we not suffered enough?

There's only so much guilt you can heap upon the shoulders of a nation.

We still haven't received forgiveness for William Shatner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

*****ing *****ed up mother *****ers are *****ing the whole *****ing *****ed up ****sucking *****head *****s. And then some.

Cutting in with a rando side comment because I haven’t kept up - I’m tired of all the conspiracy theories behind it, and all the Americans on my feeds (note: I am also an American) pointing fingers at

You are out over your skis here Saucey. Babies with jaundice receive UV/Blue phototherapy because exposing blood to UV aids oxidation of the toxic bilirubin in it. A significant volume of blood reache

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Don't get me started on Bryan Adams .. :|

Luckily you got Deadmau5 to equate the balance .. :P

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

There's only so much guilt you can heap upon the shoulders of a nation.

Joni Mitchell makes up for EVERY bad deed you've ever foisted upon us...and then some!

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Before COVID, those who couldn't make it in Canada always had the option of trying in the US. 

Meanwhile, there's a data visualization by Dan Goodspeed showing cases per capita since June 1 by state, color-coded by state partisanship. (HT: David Plotz on this week's Slate Political Gabfest.)

I loved that chart, for a lot of reasons, one of which it is just mesmerizing to watch move. :)

I wonder on the cases in CA if that is in Southern CA where there are a lot of "red" voters. Someone told me the area was getting hard hit. 

• Like 1
On 10/8/2020 at 12:57 PM, Luna Bliss said:

I don't want to read the charts :)

But it's simply not reasonable to think that first world nations with high incomes would have good C-19 outcomes....I mean have you taken a look recently at how America has worse health outcomes in most categories lately?

I'm glad your data suggests....otherwise.  That's what I'd expect.

Before I start. Disclaimer. About to go in to vent mode. lol This actually caught my eye while scrolling over this thread. I absolutely agree with Luna on this point. America does have the worse heath outcomes. Know why? We're the biggest nation of idiots on the entire planet. Half the people don't even stay home like they are suppose to and only half of those who are out actually bother to even wear masks and half of those wear chin diapers because they are to stupid to wear their masks properly. 🙄

The best part is during the middle of the deadly global pandemic is we have morons who some how find the time to go to rallies, protest, riot, pull statues down, go to parties, the beach, out to eat, and all types of stupid crap and if you tell people they need to stay home they whine about how forcing them to stay home is an infringement up on their so called precious civil rights. Well let's examine that logic for a moment shall we? If your house is on fire and I tell you to leave so you do not burn up like the idiot you are for standing in there in the first place are you really going to argue with me about civil rights? lol I mean it's essentially the same thing. People go outside they risk dying. It's just that simple.

Now we have elections coming up in the land of idiots. Rather then the government setting up voting online to lower the risk of exposure we have them scarring people in to going out to the polls claiming the mail can be tampered with. Well last election before the pandemic didn't people claim the votes got tampered with anyway when people actually went in? Sounds to me like the problems lays with security and not the location of where you actually cast your vote.

Now I am actually not thrilled about tomorrow because I have to go out with the ladies in my family including my Mother because they just have exercise those civil rights everyone wants to cry so much about lately and go do that pre-voting thing. I lost that month long battle with them, but I won the battle of coming along to make sure they stay safe.

Speaking of which going to go on a side vent right now. My Mother and I are more a like then either of us both care to admit. One of the things that irritates me the most is that she never taught me the Jedi Mind Trick. I can say something and coming from me more often then not and I don't know if it's just a gender thing or what, but some how no matter how nicely I say it I almost can always find a way to piss ladies off and some times even occasionally the guys.

Mom says it and everyone is on board agreeing with her and people are like your Mom is so nice and sweet. We laugh sometimes about that because it's like seriously? What is your secrete? lol And I am mad about that because had Mom taught me the Jedi Mind Trick I would absolutely not have to be going out playing guard duty tomorrow. lol :D

She probably just did not want me ever using it on her. Nice going Mom. Thank you so much for that. lol :P

I'm done now. Vent is over. Have a safe and blessed day everyone. lol 😁

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.
  • Like 2

Right now I rarely leave my house unless I have to. I had to pick up some necessities at the local grocery today. When going out I do wear mask and gloves and still try my best to socially distance. Today while I was trying to get my tomatoes in a bag, a complete stranger felt it was okay to grab my wheelchair and push me to the side. This is the second time it has happened during the pandemic. 

To invade someone's space and feel it is alright to touch part of their person (which my wheelchair indeed is in a manner of speaking) and physically move them without a word is beyond rude. It made me feel like I was less than human. That isn't okay to ever do to someone.

I'm deaf and in a wheelchair so already feel pretty helpless most of the time, but this adds a whole new level of anxiety. Some people just suck!

• Sad 9
3 minutes ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

Right now I rarely leave my house unless I have to. I had to pick up some necessities at the local grocery today. When going out I do wear mask and gloves and still try my best to socially distance. Today while I was trying to get my tomatoes in a bag, a complete stranger felt it was okay to grab my wheelchair and push me to the side. This is the second time it has happened during the pandemic. 

To invade someone's space and feel it is alright to touch part of their person (which my wheelchair indeed is in a manner of speaking) and physically move them without a word is beyond rude. It made me feel like I was less than human. That isn't okay to ever do to someone.

I'm deaf and in a wheelchair so already feel pretty helpless most of the time, but this adds a whole new level of anxiety. Some people just suck!

I agree. That was extremely rude. I'm that type if I knew dude wasn't with you then I would have intervened and moved him to the side and asked him how does that feel? Not good? Then don't do it to her. lol 😁

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

The tendency for some people to treat others as though they were inconveniences, obstacles, or vending machines continues to astonish me.

I'm so sorry, Dafadilia. That's awful. In fact, so far as I am concerned, it's a form of assault.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The tendency for some people to treat others as though they were inconveniences, obstacles, or vending machines continues to astonish me.

I'm so sorry, Dafadilia. That's awful. In fact, so far as I am concerned, it's a form of assault.

As far as I'm concerned, too.

...sets the asshat on fire, then sends Daffy some flaming hot hugs.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There is just a vast pool of very, very stupid people. Daffy described one.

People, the gift that keep on giving. Stupid people are very handy for me in the forum. On the one hand they are my (and Seicher's when she can be bothered to sign in) favorite pet peeve. On the other hand, I just posted in the "grateful" thread that I'm grateful for them, for who else would I have to snark at and about if it weren't for stupid people?

Stupid people don't wear masks. Stupid people have made this pandemic that much worse by being too stupid to just do basic things. 

As a cat, I'm really peeved that I don't have hands (and thumbs) and so rely upon stupid people to open cans of my food. What a stupid system. (And yes, theoretically I could forage, but when was the last time you really enjoyed a meal of grasshoppers (a study was done that showed feral cats' predominant meals were grasshoppers) (see, you can learn things in the forums)?)

kittyball.gif.ca8e1164b8a73937dcc7e2ef4f297091.gif

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Velk Kerang said:

I agree. That was extremely rude. I'm that type if I knew dude wasn't with you then I would have intervened and moved him to the side and asked him how does that feel? Not good? Then don't do it to her. lol 😁

That is a very kind thought. Thank you.

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Thank you. I've gotten used to certain behaviors from others because of being in a wheelchair, but this isn't one of them. I try for the most part to take it with a grain of salt. I shouldn't be such a whiner about it, but the last week has just been one of those weeks. The experience shook me up a bit is all.

Partly it is my fault because I really should be using the mobility scooters available at the stores instead of my tiny wheelchair. I should know better. I tend to get looks and even questions though when I do because my disability is invisible unless someone is staring at my bare back. I'm also just more comfortable in my wheelchair because it was designed for a smaller person so much easier for me to control. Oh well. I think people just get so wrapped up in their own universe that sometimes things like this happen. The part that bothers me the most is invading my personal space and touching during a global pandemic. I'm already one of the high risk individuals. Just cannot wait for my move to finally be with my hubby. It will just make things a bit less scary. 😕

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

As far as I'm concerned, too.

...sets the asshat on fire, then sends Daffy some flaming hot hugs.

Thank you. You're kind as always. Now enough of my whining. Thanks for letting me vent a bit. Or a lot as it were. ;)

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

I've gotten used to certain behaviors from others because of being in a wheelchair,

First of all the experience you had is horrible and that man [can't add the swear words she needs]    Secondly as someone who has to use a wheelchair some days  (I have MS)  I would love to make some of the offenders of the behaviour spend a day where they have to just use a wheelchair and get an idea of how hard it is to get about anyway without them being a dick.   I would need a whole thread of my own if I started to list everything.  We shouldn't have to get used to other peoples behaviour.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

That is a very kind thought. Thank you.

Your very welcome. I am sorry that happened to you. Honestly makes me mad to think about it. It was just hammered to me at a very early age never to put your hands on someone for any reason unless you have permission or are helping them. Like for example if they step off the curb and you spot a car speeding before they do then move them out of the way and apologize afterwards when they are safe. Stuff like that. I always thought it was just common decency and respect, but it always amazes me how many out there weren't even taught that much or if they were they don't practice what they were taught.🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
9 hours ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

People like that need their ass whooped..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

Daffy, I have a couple of questions.

If someone had seen this guy push you to the side how would you feel if they came up and asked you, "Excuse me, but did you *want* that man to move you and your chair?"

Then:

How would you feel if that person then walked up to the guy who moved you and while not making a huge, loud, scene DID tell the guy off in some fashion?

My initial reaction to your story was horror, along with everyone else who has comment, anger, sadness and Velk's statement that someone should have picked the offensive person up and moved HIM.

• Like 2