Do you need to vent about things COVID-19?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Evah Baxton said:

If things were to get really bad, do you think people would still need to be told to stay away from other people?

That's kind of an interesting thought. My knee jerk answer is "Yes." Because there are just so many people who don't get it, think it could never happen to them, G/god will protect them... etc. But those are the same people who still don't listen to it now, so then maybe the answer is "No, but should be yes"? Now I'm getting confused. :)

Then there are people like me, who, even though the state/area is opening up to more public things, will keep socially distancing for a long time, both because of COVID and eww, people.

16 minutes ago, Evah Baxton said:

If things were to get really bad, do you think people would still need to be told to stay away from other people?

I can only give you an answer from my perspective.  L.A. County just declared perhaps Friday that L.A. County has not hit the peak of the wave yet.  Then I over heard a conversation with a certain perhaps in charge person and the phone was on speaker phone and I could hear the person from the speaker phone say "how could you let it get so out of control there!? - meaning L.A. County" (sounding VERY angry to put it mildly).   We didn't.  We all pretty much were shelter in home and we were even the first state in the USA where a "lockdown" happened.  

So, from my perspective, it is really bad here and I'm not wanting to go out much right now.  I want to give it a couple of weeks to see what the Mayor of the county of Los Angeles has to say over the next week or two.  So, I am staying away from people as best as possible for right now until further word comes through.  But, here it is really bad.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I think I'm going to shell out £25 (it's not as though I'm going to spend it on theatre tickets or meals out) and buy that Dominic Cummings pincushion from Snorkers Imaginarium. 

Being on the other side of the Pond, I have no idea what you are on about, but it sounds like in principle I'm all for it.

5 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Being on the other side of the Pond, I have no idea what you are on about, but it sounds like in principle I'm all for it.

I believe he's the advisor to Boris Johnson who thumbed his nose at the "stay home" rules. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Behold.

As with her Trump, Johnson, Gove, Rees-Mogg and others, she assures you that it was hand made with utter contempt and violently stuffed for your pleasure. I do actually need a new pin cushion, so I'm spoiled for choice really. I've been thinking of getting the Greta Thunberg Christmas tree topper too. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I believe he's the advisor to Boris Johnson who thumbed his nose at the "stay home" rules. 

From the website:

Few people are more to blame for the mess we’re in than the bulbous-headed Mekon of corruption, Dominic Cummings, so I made a pincushion of his nasty little face to achieve some relaxing catharsis and if you need one, I’ll make one for you too.

Make that sulky little pout of his make more sense by sticking your pins in his f****** head.

Holding your pins for you while you sew (or just while you stick pins in his head to feel better) will probably be the most helpful thing he will ever do for anyone except himself. If only he’d used the undeniable powers in that big head for good instead of evil.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Check out the website. The Inhuman Brexipede.

I did. The page/items are brilliant. To me this kind of epitomizes a type of English humor/humour. Crochet combined with satire and very dry wit.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Ok, I do genuinely need a new pin cushion. Trump, Johnson or Cummings? 

My opinion, all.  These could be a collector's item one day and quite valuable plus may provide something therapeutic while you wait for them to gain value.

Check out Trump voodoo dolls on Goggle Images and then find the ETSY link.  There are a lot of Trump voodoo dolls on ETSY.  I'd think most would gain in value and be collector's items.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Evah Baxton said:

Yes but I think many of the powers that be will both triage and then will pander to the social and economic climate somewhat at the expense of the general populace, like the CDC not recommending masks, even home-made ones...at the beginning...for fear of the shortages. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

"The world's first orange president"

President yes, but we had the world's first orange king!

William III (William Henry; Dutch: Willem Hendrik; 4 November 1650 – 8 March 1702),[2] also widely known as William of Orange, was sovereign Prince of Orange from birth, Stadtholder of Holland, Zeeland, Utrecht, Guelders and Overijssel in the Dutch Republic from the 1670s and King of England, Ireland and Scotland from 1689 until his death.

Kings beat Presidents in every card game. *takes the pot*   🤑

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

President yes, but we had the world's first orange king!

William III (William Henry; Dutch: Willem Hendrik; 4 November 1650 – 8 March 1702),[2] also widely known as William of Orange, was sovereign Prince of Orange from birth, Stadtholder of Holland, Zeeland, Utrecht, Guelders and Overijssel in the Dutch Republic from the 1670s and King of England, Ireland and Scotland from 1689 until his death.

Kings beat Presidents in every card game. *takes the pot*   🤑

You aren't really orange unless you are glow-in-the-dark orange. *snatches the pot back* 😛 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dano Seale said:

Dafuq? 😲....He DID glow in the dark, ask anyone from 1689 ffs!

Yeah, no.

Far from glowing in the dark, William of Orange was barely visible in the daylight. He was a colourless, dour, dull-as-dishwater man who turned an exciting and culturally vibrant court into a sort of royal mortuary, and whose only interest was in winning wars against James II and Louis XIV (which pretty much came to the same thing anyway).

My god he was booooooooring. Dull dull dull dull.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.