Do you need to vent about things COVID-19?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

Some people are more of a hindrance to BLM than they are helpful.

You must be thinking of those people who “got angry” at the BLM marches, mentioned elsewhere in this thread, and possibly right in this forum.

Let me explain something: Black lives matter no matter what you think. It’s not up for debate. It’s not dependent on forum posts. 

THEY MATTER.

• Confused 1

Last night something happened at work that totally made my night..

There was this one temp that came on about 2 months ago.. Every time i passed a line this guy was on I would always end up telling him to put on his PPE.. For those that don't know what PPE is, it's Personal Protective Equipment..

I swear every time I got close to this guy in the last 2 weeks he smelled like booze.. Something like that i have to go to the supervisors with.. There are still a couple of supervisors that do things the old way, but are getting thinned out or changing over slowly.. So they are not so fast at responding to situations..

Anyways, after repeat3edly telling this guy about his PPE and him getting smart with me, I decided to go ask the plant manager to handle it this time.. The plant manager went over and this time he had his mask off..  He told  him to put his mask on and keep it on..

He put it on right away.. After the plant manager left he cut a square in his mask over his mouth and nose.. I said hell with it I'm gonna let these guys handle this jerk.. So I called  the section supervisor, had my camera going on my phone  to record the whole thing..

The supervisor this time seen i was making record of it, went over and told the man to get his stuff and go see the plant manager, you're out of here..

I told the supervisor, It's about time.

He said to me. You can be a real ***** when you have to be..

I said to him, you should see me when I'm trying.. hehehe

He laughed..

I'm just glad that guy is gone.. He had zero respect for the rules or anyone around him and would have never fit in with our company at the rate he was going.

That is the type of person I consider an idiot spreader.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Last night something happened at work that totally made my night..

There was this one temp that came on about 2 months ago.. Every time i passed a line this guy was on I would always end up telling him to put on his PPE.. For those that don't know what PPE is, it's Personal Protective Equipment..

I swear every time I got close to this guy in the last 2 weeks he smelled like booze.. Something like that i have to go to the supervisors with.. There are still a couple of supervisors that do things the old way, but are getting thinned out or changing over slowly.. So they are not so fast at responding to situations..

Anyways, after repeat3edly telling this guy about his PPE and him getting smart with me, I decided to go ask the plant manager to handle it this time.. The plant manager went over and this time he had his mask off..  He told  him to put his mask on and keep it on..

He put it on right away.. After the plant manager left he cut a square in his mask over his mouth and nose.. I said hell with it I'm gonna let these guys handle this jerk.. So I called  the section supervisor, had my camera going on my phone  to record the whole thing..

The supervisor this time seen i was making record of it, went over and told the man to get his stuff and go see the plant manager, you're out of here..

I told the supervisor, It's about time.

He said to me. You can be a real ***** when you have to be..

I said to him, you should see me when I'm trying.. hehehe

He laughed..

I'm just glad that guy is gone.. He had zero respect for the rules or anyone around him and would have never fit in with our company at the rate he was going.

That is the type of person I consider an idiot spreader.

Yeah, not much interested in unifying with those types.

7 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Yeah, not much interested in unifying with those types.

From what a lot of the guys were telling me, nobody really liked working with him..

The new company got rid of a lot of the bad blood so those types stick out like a sore thumb now..

That guy had no respect for anyone else and no concern for anyone else.. So yea, I don't mind getting rid of those types.

I also heard something from one of the guys that he said about me.. But they didn't tell me until after he left..

It's not even something I could say in here..it was pretty old school racist and something about if he ever see's me again.

All I can say is, Get in line! hehehe

I don't carry to make a fashion statement..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

You must be thinking of those people who “got angry” at the BLM marches, mentioned elsewhere in this thread, and possibly right in this forum.

Let me explain something: Black lives matter no matter what you think. It’s not up for debate. It’s not dependent on forum posts. 

THEY MATTER.

Please try not to assume you know what I'm thinking nor explain anything to me.  Perhaps you're unaware but I AM black so your shouting they matter?  Yeah, I already know so please hush up and sit down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

And your scornful laugh only shows more people your true nature.  Well done, Pamela.

How am I supposed to know anything about you but what you post? Which is that you appeared to use BLM as some kind of threat. Which had already been done once with the assertion that BLM marches made people angry,

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

How am I supposed to know anything about you but what you post? Which is that you appeared to use BLM as some kind of threat. Which had already been done once with the assertion that BLM marches made people angry,

What the????  No clue how you perceived what I said as a threat of any kind.  I think maybe you need to rethink that.  

"Some people are more of a hindrance to BLM than they are helpful."  Please explain how that, in any way, is a threat.

Some people on these forums are disliked by the majority for their constant ranting about one thing or another so having them in the BLM corner really does us more harm than good.   Understand now, Pamela?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

What the????  No clue how you perceived what I said as a threat of any kind.  I think maybe you need to rethink that.  

"Some people are more of a hindrance to BLM than they are helpful."  Please explain how that, in any way, is a threat.

Some people on these forums are disliked by the majority for their constant ranting about one thing or another so having them in the BLM corner really does us more harm than good.   Understand now, Pamela?

It seems to me to imply “If you say things  I don’t like, you are hurting the BLM movement.”  Same with “We have voted and most people here don’t like you, so if you support BLM we will be against it.”

The very idea that there are people who base their approach to the most profound, transformative movement we have had since the 60s on forum posts is to me ludicrous. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

It seems to me to imply “If you say things  I don’t like, you are hurting the BLM movement.”  Same with “We have voted and most people here don’t like you, so if you support BLM we will be against it.”

The very idea that there are people who base their approach to the most profound, transformative movement we have had since the 60s on forum posts is to me ludicrous. 

I think Rowan is saying that there are people who's actions actually work against their beliefs. I've run into countless people in forums over the years who retard the causes they fight for because their tactics are counterproductive. There are also people who get behind causes without actually believing in them, possibly because they feed off the antagonism or, worse yet, to sabotage them.

In the absence of people like Rowan, who'll call out either ineffective or disingenuous support for BLM, the movement runs the risk of being "hampered by helpers".

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I think Rowan is saying that there are people who's actions actually work against their beliefs. I've run into countless people in forums over the years who retard the causes they fight for because their tactics are counterproductive. There are also people who get behind causes without actually believing in them, possibly because they feed off the antagonism or, worse yet, to sabotage them.

In the absence of people like Rowan, who'll call out either ineffective or disingenuous support for BLM, the movement runs the risk of being "hampered by helpers".

No doubt there are people who base their positions on other peoples’ forum arguments. But BLM?? People poured into the streets, not just for a day, but day after day. Not just in America, but worldwide. In Paris, in London — they chanted George Floyd’s  name. 

Yet people formed their opinion of the movement based on how much they liked forum members? If so, their opinions are not worth much, and trivialize BLM.

An aside:  About how radical this march was: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/07/03/us/george-floyd-protests-crowd-size.html 

This world map is absolutely mind blowing:

https://www.creosotemaps.com/blm2020/

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

I rest my case.  

I was laughing at my misspelling, but will will send a list of where I stand on various issues so everyone will know how to take opposite ones. 

For now, I will just say I am against overthrowing Democracy. And White Supremacy. 

Edited by Pamela Galli

4 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

will send a list of where I stand on various issues so everyone will know how to take opposite ones. 

For now, I will just say I am against overthrowing Democracy.

Look what you turned me into!!!!!!!!!

hitler female.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

I will send a list of where I stand on various issues so everyone will know how to take opposite ones. 

Hey how about I make a list the exact opposite of yours and we can watch the heads explode.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I enjoyed hearing about how Australia operates. I've always had a fascination with Australia, in particular with the Aboriginal culture.

Glad I could bring some insight. The Aboriginal culture is absolutely amazing with dreamtime etc. Definitely worth a good read into.

7 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I don't think you understand how governments operate though (at least in the U.S. and how it currently evolved, and how Trumpism rules the Republican party now). I explained to Fairre how Trump had more sway over the state officials than some realize, so you can read my objection to your assertion that states had such control in their Covid response in my reply to her.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trumpism

You would be surprised. I do understand how trump did influence some states and get that, I truly do. I also do understand that trump did have an enormous following. That said, it wasn't just those states that he influenced that didn't follow directives that were organised and released by the CDC, your top medical experts etc. There were other states that just didn't follow through.

You say to Fairre that: "While on paper it appears state power is separate from federal power, in order for any official to remain in the good graces of their chosen party they must tow the party line to a greater". Absolute tosh! They would have to wait for elections to be carried out to be replaced democratically which didn't happen during the COVID period other than Georgia. What's more, lets say they went against their party and ended up now with being a COVID free state-wide for 10 months. Do you REALY think they will be thrown out? There would be a public uproar. If they are so scared of going against their party rather than doing what is best for their constituents then I would tell them to grow some.

Further, it wasn't just a state and federal thing, the courts also got involved due to American citizens getting their nickers in a knot because their rights were being temporarily removed.  

USA needed zero community transmission and keeping the country locked from the outside with quarantine systems in place for those coming in thereafter. At no point did any state or the USA get down to zero community transmission or deaths, in fact just after that 3 stage plan was released many states were seeing increased community transmission at the time and  yet they still opened. There was a decrease after the lockdowns were introduced however it never reached zero which was a mistake.

Don't believe me? This link has all the graphs showing that cases were still rising after April when the 3 phase was implemented due to people just plain and simply refusing to follow orders - including protestors. United States Coronavirus: 27,690,851 Cases and 476,305 Deaths - Worldometer (worldometers.info)

Now given that at no point was there a reduction to zero community transmission states still reopened.

Here is where the states stand in May 2020 when according to the data cases were still rising in the USA This is where all 50 states stand on reopening - CNN.com. Just unbelievable that in some cases like Oregon where they did the right thing and extended the stay at home order to July, they were overruled by the court once again, as I mentioned in previous posts, because Americans just cant put aside their liberties for a little bit for the greater good. 

You can not state that Trumpism was to blame. I get that there is such a thing and had some small impact, but none of those 50 states followed the procedures to zero community transmission not even democratic led ones. Even if there was no 3 stage policy in place, common sense should have prevailed in thinking you needed zero transmission before reopening everything.

Read the Wikipedia page of the Social impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States - Wikipedia specifically under reopening. Now yes it does say that trump was being his usual wishy washy self, however surely States can use their brain without relying on a person that told people to drink bleach or sunlight.

I will repeat again NONE of this has anything to do with politics. It has EVERYTHING to do with citizens following directives without those citizens trying to overrule by going to courts or influence states in changing their rules. That also includes states being tough and sticking to their guns. Americans have no one else to blame (including trump, democrats, republicans, Biden etc) except THEMSELVES, as in the citizens for the mess.

If you cannot see past trump then I will just agree to disagree.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Drayke Newall said:

Glad I could bring some insight. The Aboriginal culture is absolutely amazing with dreamtime etc. Definitely worth a good read into.

You would be surprised. I do understand how trump did influence some states and get that, I truly do. I also do understand that trump did have an enormous following. That said, it wasn't just those states that he influenced that didn't follow directives that were organised and released by the CDC, your top medical experts etc. There were other states that just didn't follow through.

You say to Fairre that: "While on paper it appears state power is separate from federal power, in order for any official to remain in the good graces of their chosen party they must tow the party line to a greater". Absolute tosh! They would have to wait for elections to be carried out to be replaced democratically which didn't happen during the COVID period other than Georgia. What's more, lets say they went against their party and ended up now with being a COVID free state-wide for 10 months. Do you REALY think they will be thrown out? There would be a public uproar. If they are so scared of going against their party rather than doing what is best for their constituents then I would tell them to grow some.

Further, it wasn't just a state and federal thing, the courts also got involved due to American citizens getting their nickers in a knot because their rights were being temporarily removed.  

USA needed zero community transmission and keeping the country locked from the outside with quarantine systems in place for those coming in thereafter. At no point did any state or the USA get down to zero community transmission or deaths, in fact just after that 3 stage plan was released many states were seeing increased community transmission at the time and  yet they still opened. There was a decrease after the lockdowns were introduced however it never reached zero which was a mistake.

Don't believe me? This link has all the graphs showing that cases were still rising after April when the 3 phase was implemented due to people just plain and simply refusing to follow orders - including protestors. United States Coronavirus: 27,690,851 Cases and 476,305 Deaths - Worldometer (worldometers.info)

Now given that at no point was there a reduction to zero community transmission states still reopened.

Here is where the states stand in May 2020 when according to the data cases were still rising in the USA This is where all 50 states stand on reopening - CNN.com. Just unbelievable that in some cases like Oregon where they did the right thing and extended the stay at home order to July, they were overruled by the court once again, as I mentioned in previous posts, because Americans just cant put aside their liberties for a little bit for the greater good. 

You can not state that Trumpism was to blame. I get that there is such a thing and had some small impact, but none of those 50 states followed the procedures to zero community transmission not even democratic led ones. Even if there was no 3 stage policy in place, common sense should have prevailed in thinking you needed zero transmission before reopening everything.

Read the Wikipedia page of the Social impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States - Wikipedia specifically under reopening. Now yes it does say that trump was being his usual wishy washy self, however surely States can use their brain without relying on a person that told people to drink bleach or sunlight.

I will repeat again NONE of this has anything to do with politics. It has EVERYTHING to do with citizens following directives without those citizens trying to overrule by going to courts or influence states in changing their rules. That also includes states being tough and sticking to their guns. Americans have no one else to blame (including trump, democrats, republicans, Biden etc) except THEMSELVES, as in the citizens for the mess.

You are not well informed. If you care: Do a search of “Trump pandemic response timeline.” 

• Like 1

Based on the posts here,  one might conclude that the below is picturing only "Republican Conservative Trump-Die-Hards" -- you know, since those are the only folks that run around mask-less, not caring if they are being careless about COVID protocols.

Something tells me that all of these pictured people are not in the Trump corner though.

image.thumb.png.a5ed3903a76919e971a33da0284e82e5.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Drayke Newall said:

gish gallop.jpg

18 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Based on the posts here,  one might conclude that the below is picturing only "Republican Conservative Trump-Die-Hards" -- you know, since those are the only folks that run around mask-less, not caring if they are being careless about COVID protocols.

Something tells me that all of these pictured people are not in the Trump corner though.

29 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Probably not 100%. Not all sociopaths are GQP.

Probably not 100%. Not all sociopaths are GQP

Edited by Pamela Galli

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

gish gallop.jpg

Yes, naturally you would say my one point in that post with two official sources to back it up was 'Gish Gallop'.

But as usual you miss the point entirely like you have been accused of in this thread just recently.

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

You are not well informed. If you care: Do a search of “Trump pandemic response timeline.” 

To which I have answered your question in my post. I'll quote it for you for ease:

2 hours ago, Drayke Newall said:

Edited by Drayke Newall
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.