Jump to content

Do you need to vent about things COVID-19?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Gage Wirefly said:

The Biden* administration's magic wand appears to not be working, people still dying at alarming rate from COVID-19.

https://www.marke*****ch.com/story/j-js-covid-19-vaccine-candidate-sparks-hopes-for-faster-recovery-just-as-daily-deaths-spike-above-5-000-in-the-u-s-11612544249

Judging from the reactions to this post I guess COVID deaths are funny to some. The world ghoul comes to mind.

funnynot.thumb.PNG.97315652adb5c5af83e008dbd8cb9759.PNG

 

 

Edited by Gage Wirefly
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No Gage, the funny part is the very idea that there is some magic wand, that the incoming/present administration made any such promises and that anyone thought that any significant change would occur this early on.

There's this thing, it's called Reality. It laughed at such notions. it will continue to do so. As will some people.

Welcome to life.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

No Gage, the funny part is the very idea that there is some magic wand, that the incoming/present administration made any such promises and that anyone thought that any significant change would occur this early on.

There's this thing, it's called Reality. It laughed at such notions. it will continue to do so. As will some people.

Welcome to life.

I really don't need the musings of a self professed government subsidized shut in, but thank you just the same.

  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gage Wirefly said:

abusive comments dissing a person with disabilities

Remove your comment, Gage, or I'm going to report it..

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/5/2021 at 9:15 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

how much they love Chia water with Lemon and Lime slices..

How do you make this chia water?  I'm afraid my chia pudding was a fail...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

How do you make this chia water?  I'm afraid my chia pudding was a fail...

Here is a video that i found that will help..

I use a little less seeds than her since i make a 1/2 gallon at a time each day.. In the summer I'll probably do the full amount..

Mine I use one full lemon and one full lime and nothing other than chia seeds and water..

Here is her recipe..

ETA: One thing I would add that she doesn't.. You want to let the seeds sit for at least 30 minutes before stirring again and drinking.. I put mine in the fridge after I do my 5 minute stir.. It's really really good the longer it sits and the colder it gets..

With my jug I usually give it a good shake each time before I take a drink..

A shaker would be good to use..

 

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Sorta takes the fun out of my setting people on fire when they do it to themselves.

Kinda makes me wonder just what the heck happened. Then I see the outcome of whatever it was, shake my head, throw my hands into the air and remind myself that some just aren't worth the mind space.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Here is a video that i found that will help..

I use a little less seeds than her since i make a 1/2 gallon at a time each day.. In the summer I'll probably do the full amount..

Mine I use one full lemon and one full lime and nothing other than chia seeds and water..

Here is her recipe..

ETA: One thing I would add that she doesn't.. You want to let the seeds sit for at least 30 minutes before stirring again and drinking.. I put mine in the fridge after I do my 5 minute stir.. It's really really good the longer it sits and the colder it gets..

With my jug I usually give it a good shake each time before I take a drink..

A shaker would be good to use..

 

Crap I quoted myself then edited the quote rather than editing the original post!! \o/

I'm never gonna get used to that edit being moved. NEVER!

hehehe

Fixed the original post ..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Then I see the outcome of whatever it was, shake my head, throw my hands into the air and remind myself that some just aren't worth the mind space.

When doing this, don't forget to also "wave them around like you just don't care".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Gage Wirefly said:

Report all you want. I deleted this account 3 minutes ago anyway. I have zero fcks to give anymore about SL or any of you for that matter. 

I am almost tempted to delete my account, to see for how many minutes I can continue to post.CAECB34E-8F66-4ABC-8B76-398840F05E52.jpeg.1a31f55f0ca52ec108e73353c28fa696.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Pamela Galli said:

MunichAgreement.jpg

I get it, Pam, I do.

But it's not about "appeasement" -- it's about maintaining, or even just trying to achieve, a culture in which the exchange of ideas isn't actually nothing more than firing of nukes at each other. You can't have a vibrant and healthy political culture which sees the working out of problems as a form of ongoing and continual warfare unto the death. If "winning" means simply sitting on and silencing of the significant proportion of the population who disagree with you, you haven't really "won" -- you've merely achieved supremacy, and possibly at the cost of your own soul. How "democratic" is it to simply shut out other voices?

And, of course, it is about ideas. The poster in question was unwilling to engage in an actual dialogue about the assertion she made. That's going to happen, on both sides of the divide. But we need other voices, and other ideas, not only to keep us honest, but to help us see issues from other, alien angles. That's how change happens -- not by a rigid adherence to assumptions, but by a continual, annoying, difficult process of self-questioning.

There is a significant proportion of America that holds what I see to be incorrect or even abhorrent views because they feel powerless and disenfranchised. Is it better to address the root causes of those feelings of being unheard -- or merely to prove them justified by ignoring or suppressing them?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Whodat?

That's Neville Chamberlain, proudly waving a copy of the Munich Agreement, in which he handed Hitler (with help from France and Italy) part of Czechoslovakia in hopes of averting WWII.

Moral of the story?

Don't do stupid stuff like... appeasing dictators.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Whenever I see chia, I can't help be see Bob Ross

JEI-CP493A16-CB.jpg

You know that  I had been drinking chia water for awhile and never connected chia pets with chia seeds.. Not until someone at work  started to razz this one other guy on the radio..

There is this guy at work that was bald for years, then wore a cover or bandana the whole time..

He took it off durring break one time and one guy said to him.. Damn dude, I never seen you with hair before, You went full chia pet on us..

Then all of a sudden every night since then, you'll hear some random with a radio sing, Chia Chia on the radio..

Could happen 10 times a night, could happen 2..

He's a really good guy and a real good sport about it.. They're all friends giving each other crap in different forms anyways..hehehe

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

There is a significant proportion of America that holds what I see to be incorrect or even abhorrent views because they feel powerless and disenfranchised. Is it better to address the root causes of those feelings of being unheard -- or merely to prove them justified by ignoring or suppressing them?

I would like to think this way, and perhaps I used to think this way, but I'm now believing there's a section of humanity who simply believes 'might makes right', war, excessive competition where it's okay if some do fine while others starve.....is flat out okay.  And it has nothing to do with them feeling powerless and disenfranchised -- they simply view the individual as supreme (patriarchy, the 'king' mythology as guide).  If this is the case, the only way to deal with them is to control their aggression.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...