Do you need to vent about things COVID-19?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was gonna watch what he actually said, but the video I found was 28 minutes long..

I just can't watch him talk for that long.. I haven't really been able to stand watching a president or the candidates talk for a long stretch since Obama.. He was a good speaker though..

I don't know what happened to the rest of them since then.. I think it's that, I just hate the smell of bull crap or something.. hehehe

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I was gonna watch what he actually said, but the video I found was 28 minutes long..

I just can't watch him talk for that long.. I haven't really been able to stand watching a president or the candidates talk for a long stretch since Obama.. He was a good speaker though..

I don't know what happened to the rest of them since then.. I think it's that, I just hate the smell of bull crap or something.. hehehe

I tend to search for the transcript of speeches.  I also can't stand listening to long speeches, but I don't mind reading the transcripts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Being that the pandemic and its proposed solutions are all political from start to finish, I don't really see a way of not bringing politics into it.

It's only political because people choose to make it so instead of sticking to their own experience with covid as the thread was intended.  

Dragging your agenda into another thread because one got shut down is derailing IMO.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I tend to search for the transcript of speeches.  I also can't stand listening to long speeches, but I don't mind reading the transcripts.

Same here.  I can read faster than I can listen.

Edited by RowanMinx
But apparently type faster than spell check
  • Like 1

One of the things that encourages me most, that causes me to breathe a sigh of relief, is that there are actual qualified scientists handling the Covid problem now. This is in stark contrast to the previous administration where primarily cronies were given positions, cronies who believed strange things (like the earth is only 6000 years old, among other strange beliefs). And if there were reputable scientists (like Fauci) they were not allowed to give out all the facts.

That's why I feel so happy now -- we have competent people at top levels who are much more likely to make policy that gets this virus under control!

Wow...did anybody see all the executive orders signed that deal with Covid, or the new staff of experts?  Breathing a sigh of relief over and over -- I'd even let grandpa Biden sniff my hair....LOL

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

Many of the auto insurance companies gave folks small refunds last year to account for everyone driving less, much less, due to lock downs.  My company actually issued refunds 2 or 3 times.

Well, having just received my policy renewal statement, my company is apparently raising rates overall to make up for the lost money from those refunds.  Typically my policy goes down a little each year because the car is worth a little less each year.  This year, the premiums, for all coverage categories, on both of our cars went up. 

*sigh*

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, RowanMinx said:

No, that wasn't for you.  There was a post after yours with website links from conspiracy websites.  Definitely face palm worthy.  Guess it got deleted.

Yes, I  saw that earlier...was a couple of Infowars links from the same person who keeps spamming them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.