Do you need to vent about things COVID-19?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

My rant about covid-19 it's not turning people into zombies.. I can't use all my zombie killing skill from the games I played...

You may get your wish...take a look at this!

https://www.msn.com/en-my/news/world/trump-supporters-likened-to-zombies-after-protesting-lockdown-rules/ar-BB12KG2g

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dano Seale said:

I didn't vote for the Queen, prime minister or anyone in Government...but they're "our Queen/prime minister/Government". They're the "leader's" of our Countries, which makes them "ours"!
What each individual decides to call them matter's not one bit in the grand scope of things!

I was only explaining none of us voted for him as some people don't know this.  You have to be in the electoral college to vote for a President.  Just sayin'

But, I don't see blaming the little people for things governments do should be put on any of us.  I never say "your Queen"...I don't look at it that way.  I say "the Queen".  

But, anyhow...just sayin'

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 2

Yeah it's ok Fairre, wasn't pointing fingers at you or anything. 

7 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

You have to be in the electoral college to vote for a President.

There are many things about the US that baffles me....none more so than that!

5 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:
14 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Not that I agree with the electoral college system or even understand it fully, but I understand the premise behind it.

Apparently, some living in sparsely populated areas of the country believe they have a unique way of life compared to 'city folk', and that it would not be a fair representation for them if the vote was based on densely populated areas.

Basically, the Civil War still reigns   :(

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

Yeah it's ok Fairre, wasn't pointing fingers at you or anything. 

Thanks.  I feel that way sometimes as though I am to blame for what a president does.  Why we even have a popular vote here which doesn't count at all, I don't know.  Weird, weird world, I guess because some of it is.  

But, some of the things our governments are doing lately and much of it coming from the U.S., I feel is just to deter taking care of the real problems of the COVID-19 situation; like a deflection.  And, I'm PO'd about it.  I feel this has been a "let them eat cake" moment for the United States, which if something isn't figured out soon, could turn out to "let them eat crumbs" dire situation.

I read yesterday we are in A Great Depression now.  We need our government to help us and stop deflecting.   

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

and that it would not be a fair representation for them if the vote was based on densely populated areas.

Dunno, we just stick a "X" next to the preffered name and whoever has the biggest pile of X's at the end...wins! Seems easier to me?

4 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

We need our government to help us and stop deflecting.

Don't hold ya breath!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:
14 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

and that it would not be a fair representation for them if the vote was based on densely populated areas.

Dunno, we just stick a "X" next to the preffered name and whoever has the biggest pile of X's at the end...wins! Seems easier to me?

Basically, the conservatives of today are using an old system (perhaps needed in the past) to manipulate politics and achieve their plan for the US. Unfortunately, they have succeeded. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

Don't hold ya breath!

No, I won't hold my breath as what do I wake up to this morning "President Trump *has* signed an executive order in regards to something or other regarding social media.  It has something to do with a fact check.  I don't even want to read it nor be involved in this nonsense.  It is just another stupid deflection to avoid a very dire situation, imo.   

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Dano Seale said:
13 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

It's really hard to know just what he's trying to do..

...Shut social media platforms down now I just read on the BBC, because twitter put 'fact check' links on his tweets!  😂🙄

Warned you about that 13 hours ago Fairre!  😆

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

Warned you about that 13 hours ago Fairre!  😆

I know you said something or other but NOW just glancing at the headlines this morning, it may be because Trump declared a 100K milestone on social media.  Then, social media must have fired back wanting a "fact check".   If Trump said that we reached a 100K milestone "of deaths" in the U.S., I'm just going hang my head for a minute.  Just hang my head for a minute.  

The number of deaths in the U.S. are based on speculation not fact.  That's why I just want to hang my head about it.   The deaths in the U.S. could be much higher than the proposed numbers.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

I was only explaining none of us voted for him as some people don't know this.  You have to be in the electoral college to vote for a President.  Just sayin'

None of you voted DIRECTLY for him, but plenty of CA folks did vote for the Trump Electors:

image.png.30becd5284d6c6ed190c4dcdde991fbb.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dano Seale said:
1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

It's complicated.  Here is a bit of info on the history and reasoning -- as the article mentions:  The Electoral College was never intended to be the “perfect” system for picking the president

https://www.history.com/news/electoral-college-founding-fathers-constitutional-convention

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

None of you voted DIRECTLY for him, but plenty of CA folks did vote for the Trump Electors:

image.png.30becd5284d6c6ed190c4dcdde991fbb.png

Yes, this is true.  We vote for our State and local officials.  

Why a Clinton/Trump graph?  It's kind of odd.  

Oh, and the "he's not our President" started because of Texas protesting with signs about President Obama saying "he's not our President"...in regards to President Obama.  It started in California really in defense of President Obama whom many thought Trump was treating rather unfairly and/or has treated former President Obama unfairly but may have been mored aimed at Texas itself and their actions.   But, I don't want to veer off topic too much into politics.  It is what it is.   But, 538 actual electors is still a very small voting percentage.  But, again, it is what it is.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Oh, and the "he's not our President" started because of Texas protesting with signs about President Obama saying "he's not our President"...in regards to President Obama. 

I typically pay no attention to anything happening in Texas because it's usually something terrible (unless it's about barbecue).

I have never, and will never, call Trump my president. As far as I'm concerned, he is nothing more than this country's largest mistake, and until that mistake is fixed, the only person I call Mr. President, and give that respect to, is Barack Obama. 

It's just a bonus that it drives the snowflakes insane with their spluttering, "He's still your president," whinging. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

A Clinton/Trump graph because those were the 2 primary candidates in the 2016 election.  The full CA results were:

image.png.7f711dfd5e80f20b36982f3ac81568b3.png

Oh yeah, I forgot, Hilary.  lol   No I didn't vote for either.   

But I will say this LittleMe Jewell, how much of our elections are "rigged" has been called into question for about the last 20 years or so.  Even President Trump is calling this "mail in voting" due to Covid-19, an election that will be "rigged" if voters don't actually go to the poles.  However, even with the poling places, elections have still been reeling under the effects of the "rigged" problem.  I don't count the votes.  So I cannot really know.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Even President Trump is calling this "mail in voting" due to Covid-19, an election that will be "rigged" if voters don't actually go to the poles.

I imagine Trump would get more votes if we are forced to go to the poles to vote -- because conservatives are less fearful of Covid (encouraged by Trump) and would come out in greater numbers.  Could this be the reason he wants to disallow paper ballots? Or at least one of them?  

I have to wonder, even though perceiving a possible motivation does not always prove guilt.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I typically pay no attention to anything happening in Texas because it's usually something terrible (unless it's about barbecue).

I have never, and will never, call Trump my president. As far as I'm concerned, he is nothing more than this country's largest mistake, and until that mistake is fixed, the only person I call Mr. President, and give that respect to, is Barack Obama. 

It's just a bonus that it drives the snowflakes insane with their spluttering, "He's still your president," whinging. 

Texas denouncing former President Obama when he was in office was just absolutely un-called for.  

But, I agree that President Trump may not even actually be "my president" either and wish former President Obama would speak about the Covid-19 situation but every time he does; shot down by President Trump saying weird stuff about former President Obama that is entirely uncalled for and has nothing to do with anything.  Former President Obama could help this situation.  I think President Trump should call in past presidents for a consult but he refuses.  

But, I certainly am tired of President Trump's deflections via the media circus with nothing to do with Covid-19 neither in direction nor humane help.

President Trump makes me feel like crying.  Sorry, I feel it appropriate to give a person their title though I'm trying to get used to calling him Trump for short.  

Trump is bellowing about "rigged" elections to set the stage for a clusterf*ck if he doesn't win re- election. He's running scared and knows it is a real possibility, and they will have to drag him out by that rat's nest on top of his head to get him out of the White House. It's not going to be pretty. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Even President Trump is calling this "mail in voting" due to Covid-19, an election that will be "rigged" if voters don't actually go to the poles.

And this is the reason he is signing some sort of executive order today. He tweeted that, and it's absolutely false. There has never been a verified instance of voter fraud through absentee ballots. He lied. Twitter put a notification on this tweet (and another) that the information in the tweet may be false or something to that extent (I didn't read it and won't look at his tweets). 

He is a big fat orange liar, and people believe his lies without doing their own research. 

And now he's threatening to suppress tech companies like Twitter from being able to point out that the president is a big fat orange liar. 

THAT is a violation of the 1st amendment that Americans hold so dear. 

We become China when the president makes an executive order to censor the speech of anyone - even tech companies. 

• Like 1

I have NOT been reading this thread. HOWEVER ---- Oregon has voted by mail  for a VERY long time and it works well with no fraud (or no more fraud anyway :D) than any other method.  

Note how much "turn out" happens when voting is easier :D.  You can ALSO (and have been able to do this for a long while) deposit your ballot in a variety of official "poling boxes" as well as the post office.  

From wikipedia:

• 1992 Governor's Task Force on Local Government Services identifies statewide vote-by-mail as one of the most significant opportunities to save money on conducting elections.[3]
  • 1995 Oregon becomes the first state to conduct a federal primary election totally by mail.
  • 1996 U.S Senator Ron Wyden is elected by mail with a 66% turnout, succeeding Bob Packwood.
  • 1998 Oregonians confirm their overwhelming support for vote-by-mail by passing Measure 60.
  • 2000 Oregon becomes the first state in the nation to conduct a presidential election entirely by mail. About 80% of registered voters participated.
  • 2019 Oregon becomes the first state not to require paid postage on ballot return envelopes.
Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I have NOT been reading this thread. HOWEVER ---- Oregon has voted by mail  for a VERY long time and it works well with no fraud (or no more fraud anyway :D) than any other method.  

Note how much "turn out" happens when voting is easier :D.  You can ALSO (and have been able to do this for a long while) deposit your ballot in a variety of official "poling boxes" as well as the post office.  

Yeah, Colorado has been this way for many, many years - Mail it in or drop it off into a secured box outside of City Hall.  ALL of our elections have been this way for a while.  I honestly cannot remember the last time I actually went to a polling place to vote.

ETA:  Our elections are not "mail in only" though.  People can still elect to go to the polling places if they want.  I think that should be allowed, if the voters want it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Chic Aeon said:

Note how much "turn out" happens when voting is easier :D.

I read that ultra-conservatives (especially the evangelicals that maintain so much control today in the US) actually KNOW they are in the minority, and so fear the vote of the masses. So it's much to their advantage to have as few people as possible vote, and anger their base with tactics of division (anger being the great motivator) to get out and do so.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.