Do you need to vent about things COVID-19?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Silent Mistwalker said:

My cat is weird. He doesn't bother the tree. Even when I left it up for over a year he never tried to climb it or knock anything off. Just gets behind it on the skirt and sheds like there is no tomorrow snoozes.

It's actually just one of the cats.  The other 2 just sit underneath.  She's up on the mantle now chewing on decorations.  This is why I can't have nice things!  😩

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

It's actually just one of the cats.  The other 2 just sit underneath.  She's up on the mantle now chewing on decorations.  This is why I can't have nice things!  😩

Much as I hate to use the damn things, sometimes time outs in a carrier get the idea across when the behavior of the other cat(s) is noticed. They're like children and sometimes you have to treat them as if they were children. Just don't ever use a water spray bottle. They are messy and make the cat even harder to bathe if necessary for fleas. Even when they don't go outside, you do and that is where the fleas are hitching a ride on you! 😬

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

Just been reading there's a new "tier 4" with some exclusions for London and East/Southeast which i will be in. worryingly down to a mutated strain of covid i did here a while back a mutated strain had been found in animals in a Scandinavian country doesn't say if it's the same mutation or a new one 

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/south-east-travel-ban-coronavirus-boris-johnson-christmas-161524714.html

• Sad 1

Christmas bubble in the UK now just Christmas Day only. No staying over. Minimised travel. Limited numbers

Big disappointment but driven by lack of social distancing leading to continuing deaths at over 500 a day UK wide, and over 25,000 new infections daily with record numbers of hospital admissions.

• Sad 2

Can't believe the year is over in like 2 weeks.. and March is approaching.. almost been a whole ass year of this ***** and still ain't getting better 😢  feels like I'm living in a simulation where everyday is the exact same day over & over lol

• Like 1

This time last year in the U.S.. Well L.A California anyways, is when they started to notice a big increase above normal, in covid-19 related symptoms..

The week of the 22 of December..

Respiratory failures followed the same trend.. So we're right at a year now..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tennessee is the worst state in the nation right now for infections per capita.. I think Rhode Island and Arizona are just behind us..

Thanksgiving is coming back around with a second helping, biting people in the butt right now..

It sure wasn't hard to see that coming..

Oh look at the cute little baby cobra! it looks so huggable.. lets hug it..

I can't help but think of this when I think of Thanks Giving and Christmas in 2020 in Tennessee..

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Thanksgiving is coming back around with a second helping, biting people in the butt right now..

It sure wasn't hard to see that coming..

Oh look at the cute little baby cobra! it looks so huggable.. lets hug it.

Saturday in London we had thousands of people crowding into train stations to get out of town for Xmas...right when we have the  Covid mutation which makes it 70% more infectious. So the rest of the country will probably be in Tier 4 soon...:S

Meanwhile a French student (friend of a relative) was on a pre-booked ferry to see his family in France on Sunday and the passengers were told the ferry couldn't make the crossing after they'd all boarded...

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Rat Luv said:

Saturday in London we had thousands of people crowding into train stations to get out of town for Xmas...right when we have the  Covid mutation which makes it 70% more infectious. So the rest of the country will probably be in Tier 4 soon...:S

Meanwhile a French student (friend of a relative) was on a pre-booked ferry to see his family in France on Sunday and the passengers were told the ferry couldn't make the crossing after they'd all boarded...

I was talking to one of the guys at work the last night before I went on vacation.. He lives in the next county over..

He was telling me that their county ,is the worst infected county per capita in the state of Tennessee now.. At the time they were getting 3,000 new cases a day..Their hospitals were already filled up two weeks ago..

I remember before Thanks Giving talking to him.. He only spent it with his mother and father because. all the rest of his family had someone infected and they were all doing quarantine..

There are still people gonna act like it's only happening to someone else..  Those are the ones that are going to keep the fire burning longer than it has to..

We're back at that, it's gonna get worse before it gets better, phase again.. people got relaxed just like way back in that really bad swine flu  all those years ago.. The cold weather came back to bite them and it's coming back to bite us..

Times change, people stay the same it seems.. Some anyways.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

There are still people gonna act like it's only happening to someone else..  Those are the ones that are going to keep the fire burning longer than it has to..

It is nuts. I never understood during the first UK lockdown (in spring) why all the airports were still open.

I can't take any of the 'police state/oppression/crushing liberties' talk seriously because, during every single lockdown we had, people openly broke it and nothing happened. But the police were busy prosecuting responsible shopowners for 'vandalising' the pavement with chalk distancing markings :|

People just don't seem to consider that, even if they feel OK and don't have any symptoms, they might be spreading it to family or loved ones. Or to someone else down the line, who they'll never meet or know about...

• Like 1

My kids offered to stay home.  However, they already WFH and pretty much never go out except to the grocery store - and my son even has that delivered half the time  So pretty much the only way they were going to infect me was if they happened to pick something up at the airport or on the airplane.  I told them to follow all protocols and stay as far away from folks as possible, and we'd just take our chances.  I hadn't seen my son since Thanksgiving of last year, so we decided it was worth the risk. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rat Luv said:

It is nuts. I never understood during the first UK lockdown (in spring) why all the airports were still open.

I can't take any of the 'police state/oppression/crushing liberties' talk seriously because, during every single lockdown we had, people openly broke it and nothing happened. But the police were busy prosecuting responsible shopowners for 'vandalising' the pavement with chalk distancing markings :|

People just don't seem to consider that, even if they feel OK and don't have any symptoms, they might be spreading it to family or loved ones. Or to someone else down the line, who they'll never meet or know about...

Air cargo 

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My kids offered to stay home.  However, they already WFH and pretty much never go out except to the grocery store - and my son even has that delivered half the time  So pretty much the only way they were going to infect me was if they happened to pick something up at the airport or on the airplane.  I told them to follow all protocols and stay as far away from folks as possible, and we'd just take our chances.  I hadn't seen my son since Thanksgiving of last year, so we decided it was worth the risk. 

I was mainly going on about those that walk around carelessly every day thinking everything is honky dory.. That's biting us pretty good here now in our state.. Maybe they'll get the message now that it's hitting closer to home more and more..

I had people calling asking us if we wanted to come to their Christmas parties.. I was more or less like, seriously, you guys are having a party with whats going on these days?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I don't know what it is about Russel Brand, but he's just just really soothing to listen to when he goes on talking..

I don't even think i caught most of what he was saying, bit just sat there watching him talk..It was just so relaxing..hehehe

I don't generally pay a lot of attention to what celebrities say or think about, well, anything really.

But Brand is such a clever man. This is pretty good.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I don't generally pay a lot of attention to what celebrities say or think about, well, anything really.

But Brand is such a clever man. This is pretty good.

I just really enjoy watching him speak.. He's one of those people that I could never get tired of listening to no matter what they are going on about..

When he started mocking that one women about her planning a birthday party, I just started to laugh so hard..

I would love to have someone like him around me a lot.. hehehe

He's just seems like such a fun person, and yes he's sharp as a tack, which a lot didn't realize about him at first.. hehehe

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.