What determines the order in which object continined in an outfit attach when I wear or add it?

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good question ...

I know clothing layers are saved in order when saving an outfit so that they will be applied in the correct order when you wear that outfit.

I *think* objects do not have an order.  They will not knock off anything worn with that outfit but they will knock off anything already being worn that is not part of the saved outfit.  Unless, of course, you ADD instead of WEAR.

My guess, based on my experience so far, is that items are added in the order you wore them when you saved the outfit. I have outfits saved with numerous tattoo layers, and when I switch to that outfit, the layers always add in the correct order. For attachments like mesh or prims, it doesn't matter what order they're added.

40 minutes ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

What I am interested in knowing about is objects because, whether the Maitreya body or autohiders is added first determines if the autohiders work as intended.

Good point. I tried this with some of my outfits that contain autohiders, and it seems like the objects all get added simultaneously, and the objects with autohiders either work or don't work on a random basis, even with the same outfit. On several occasions I had to detach and re-attach the object with the autohide.

18 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

HUDs and auto-hiders also depend on the region to load and run the scripts. Well, all scripted attachments have that dependency. So, depending on the region things may seem to load out of order when it is just a matter of the region lagging.

Hmm, so that explains why it appeared that my items were being added randomly (based on script activity). Even if they are added in a particular order, or even simultaneously, they may not actually start running their scripts in the same order.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.