The new Legacy "perky" body is basically a slap in the face

MelodyClone1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Suzy Shenzhou said:

And if I was Maitreya (the reigning queen of mesh avatars for years now) and I watched a competitor like Legacy launch their mesh and within only a few months sweep across SL and be adopted by nearly every major clothing designer - well... I think I would be offering some free updates too

NOT exactly sweeping.  In fact I know very few women in SL who have spent the lindens on Legacy.  I know many more who won't  trust it ever.  And as for Maitreya, well not every business is out to make every last linden they can.. some just may have good intentions toward their customers, nothing to do with fear of competition!

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

I know many more who won't  trust it ever. 

Yeah, sorry - I'm not in the loop on all the hatred directed at TMP/Legacy in this Thread. Did they run over your collective cat?

When I bought the first TMP body, I heard little snippets of frustration from designers that TMP was somehow difficult to work with - but whatever. They developed something totally new. If I had done that, I would probably be protective of it and a little difficult too.

And I'm not sure where "trust" comes into it. They aren't politicians or house sitters. Near as I can tell from what I read here, their crime is that they are a small Second Life company that makes a product that has been successful but that some other people don't like.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Suzy Shenzhou said:

Yeah, sorry - I'm not in the loop on all the hatred directed at TMP/Legacy in this Thread. Did they run over your collective cat?

When I bought the first TMP body, I heard little snippets of frustration from designers that TMP was somehow difficult to work with - but whatever. They developed something totally new. If I had done that, I would probably be protective of it and a little difficult too.

What did they develop that was totally new? As far as I can tell, their body came out months after Wowmeh, which was the body that basically defined the "Second Life mesh body" feature set.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 1:07 PM, Theresa Tennyson said:

What did they develop that was totally new?

A headache?  lol

Was reading this thread.  This body could very well be a rip off and it's not the first time that at least half of SL called this company a rip off.

Perky breasts and pay 5000 linden more.  No.  Just no.   It should have been an update period.   I don't think this company knows what the heck they are doing.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Maitreya was my first Mesh Body and i bought Legacy Perky days ago. I m honest, i had to do side by side pictures to see how its differant. Legacy had enough god things about the body to make me buy it. True, i m sad that not a lot of designers have clothes for perky, but they are coming. For some clothes i just switch back to maitreya :)

In general i dont think its nice to complain about prices in sl. You dont need to buy it. its a business and i m sure legacy will lower the price if its needed (seems it is not, because they are selling good enough)

In the end i m very happy with the body and i m thinking about buying the original legacy body too. In the end it is about us having fun on sl :)

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 10:56 PM, FairreLilette said:

I don't think this company knows what the heck they are doing.  

Oh, they know exactly what they’re doing. The scary thing is it seems to be working or has enjoyed a fair degree of success.

• Like 1

I believe a good majority of people out there with the Legacy body had bought it back around Black Friday when it was 2500L. Y'know.. like all the other bodies out there.

I bought one for an alt because heck, I could part with that much. Glad I didn't pay full price because she's still using her Maitreya atm, lol..

I, personally find the Perky and Pregnancy bodies to be what many others think of them.. a ripoff., therefor I won't buy them. You like 'em? Not a ripoff to you? Go ham and have fun!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Defends this body because i like it and i feel like it i own thje body dont mind paying 5000l for each one being the fact that people dont really realize that  sculpting takes hours how much is hourly wage for a 3d modeler 15 to 25 usd hour  for content  that sold  not commissioned  now most 3d developers that make bodys this nice would charge 1000usd  on the market as a custom mesh  with a basic skin and rigging so dont com plane because a price is to expensive your wallet , disrespect full that every one on sl thinks they are owed something , because of people thinking they are in control of what people need to do, you wouldn't cry about call of duty saying that they need to give you mod rights over asset no  but on sl yall act like your special snowflakes, if you dont like it make your own stop forcing your values and opinions on things you dont even make or understand  cause at this point your puffing smoke without the knowledge of the creation process.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2021 at 3:50 PM, zoeliea said:

Defends this body because i like it and i feel like it i own thje body dont mind paying 5000l for each one being the fact that people dont really realize that  sculpting takes hours how much is hourly wage for a 3d modeler 15 to 25 usd hour  for content  that sold  not commissioned  now most 3d developers that make bodys this nice would charge 1000usd  on the market as a custom mesh  with a basic skin and rigging so dont com plane because a price is to expensive your wallet , disrespect full that every one on sl thinks they are owed something , because of people thinking they are in control of what people need to do, you wouldn't cry about call of duty saying that they need to give you mod rights over asset no  but on sl yall act like your special snowflakes, if you dont like it make your own stop forcing your values and opinions on things you dont even make or understand  cause at this point your puffing smoke without the knowledge of the creation process.

I have always been of the belief that once someone puts a product out there commercially then it’s open to criticism and the opinions of others. And people can do this without the need of understanding the creation process since there are other products to compare them to. I don’t know how to make a car or how to make shoes but I can say (IMO) that a Lexus is better than a Mustang since I’ve owned both and that I feel Nike is better than say New Balance. I don’t need to be an expert creating shoes or cars to form those opinions.

As for Legacy, I recently had a situation where me and a friend had bought swimsuits and I was able to make my skin look wet and my friend wasn’t. She had just started playing again so I got a demo to see if I could show her how. I ended up telling her she should have got Maitreya.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2020 at 9:41 PM, MelodyClone1 said:

I mean this is pretty much proof that the people behind it really couldn't care less that their reputation is in the gutters after the TMP fiasco, and is completely ready to do the exact same thing. Long story short they basically slightly tweaked the breast shape of their Legacy body and is now re-releasing it as a complete standalone product. Any other mesh body creator, especially Maitreya, would release it as a free update (and they already did, free 3x HP nipple shapes + bunch of other enhancements in last update) or a very cheap upgrade price like 500L or something, especially considering Legacy already costs 2-3x as any other body, but nope, that'll be another 5000L please if you want "updated breast shape". What's next? Slightly smoother shoulders for another 5000L? 10% thinner waist, another 5000L please. Pregnant shape... oh wait they already have this for another 5000L. 🙄

No I'm not some shill for other body creators. I just find this hilarious and wonder how and why people would defend this.

Thank you so much, I was contemplating to get the Legacy or the Maitreya for my alt, and this opened my eyes, the Maitreya Lara is only 2.7k with the add on not even reaching 4k, so 5 thick Double stars for Maitreya now I have lindens spare to get Skin and clothes!!!

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

After reading this thread, i cant help thinking, All this because something you're going to use every day costs a one time payment of $22 xD either spend it or dont lol I've spent more than that on eating out multiple times and i have nothing to show for it ahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, jaya Watkins said:

After reading this thread, i cant help thinking, All this because something you're going to use every day costs a one time payment of $22 xD either spend it or dont lol I've spent more than that on eating out multiple times and i have nothing to show for it ahaha

if you got only that out of the posts you skipped a lot. If you'r as new as your profile here says you missed years of history with this brand.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.