The new Legacy "perky" body is basically a slap in the face

MelodyClone1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 969 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't and never have got the hate poured on to TMP\Legacy.

Sure it is expensive and initially was a closed system, but they aren't alone in that other bodies like the BG Grace have gone down the same route. I always liked the old Avatar 2.0 and similar more open source bodies, but actually using them is difficult, editing mesh directly, needing to edit your own textures and layers. Belleza has 3 bodies last time I counted, Slink 2.

I also actually like the way they handle the shopping experience, I prefer it and find it less laggy than having to download a whole shops inventory of textures when I land outside their shop and have to wait a few minutes before I can even move.

I like my Maitreya with its flaws not so much because of the body itself, but because it is simple to use and well judged rounded body that came out at the right time (around the time  Wowmeh was being taken off the grid), and hence popular enough to have plenty of third party support that the other bodies don't have.

They may not be as good as another maker, that is fine it is something positive to say about the other maker, but that doesn't make it a negative specific to Legacy.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 2

On 4/10/2020 at 5:06 AM, Mollymews said:

that is how discourse works. As does responding when people make statements assigning motive to another person, when those statements are assertions

When have people been doing that? People don't know that there's a single discreet "person" behind this company - to be honest, right now I still don't know that there is because your description of this "person" has been so vague and unverifiable.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

right now I still don't know that there is because your description of this "person" has been so vague and unverifiable.

i am not here to convince you

what I doing is pointing out that it is not necessary to slag another person's character, just because we don't like the pricing and/or the packaging of stuff they make and sell

2 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

i am not here to convince you

what I doing is pointing out that it is not necessary to slag another person's character, just because we don't like the pricing and/or the packaging of stuff they make and sell

People aren't. Look at what people are actually saying. They are talking about TMP. When they describe what "Maitreya" does they're not talking about Onyx LeShelle even though they could because they know that name [and which in turn is a pseudonym anyway]; when they talk about "Belleza" they're not talking about Tricky Boucher; when they're talking about TMP they're not talking about this individual you're defending.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

People aren't. Look at what people are actually saying.

the OP title equates pricing of a product to being slapped in the face. It is not necessary to allude to physical violence when making our points. You might set this aside as rhetoric and therefore excusable. I don't and won't

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

I don't and never have got the hate poured on to TMP\Legacy.

Sure it is expensive and initially was a closed system, but they aren't alone in that other bodies like the BG Grace have gone down the same route. I always liked the old Avatar 2.0 and similar more open source bodies, but actually using them is difficult, editing mesh directly, needing to edit your own textures and layers. Belleza has 3 bodies last time I counted, Slink 2.

I also actually like the way they handle the shopping experience, I prefer it and find it less laggy than having to download a whole shops inventory of textures when I land outside their shop and have to wait a few minutes before I can even move.

I like my Maitreya with its flaws not so much because of the body itself, but because it is simple to use and well judged rounded body that came out at the right time (around the time  Wowmeh was being taken off the grid), and hence popular enough to have plenty of third party support that the other bodies don't have.

They may not be as good as another maker, that is fine it is something positive to say about the other maker, but that doesn't make it a negative specific to Legacy.

Actually, Maitreya came out last of the mesh bodies most people used and use. I shopped my way through them all. After I got Lara, the other ones (Slink Physique, free TMP, full priced TMP, Belleza Venus) sits in my inventory and collect dust.

Maitreya had observed and learnt.

Wowmeh killed - Slink Physique release - TMP release - Belleza Venus release - Maitreya Lara release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2020 at 3:41 PM, MelodyClone1 said:

Legacy already costs 2-3x as any other body, but nope, that'll be another 5000L please if you want "updated breast shape". What's next? Slightly smoother shoulders for another 5000L? 10% thinner waist, another 5000L please. Pregnant shape... oh wait they already have this for another 5000L. 🙄

LOL The fact that you mentioned the pregnant shape.. I was demoing this body the other day cause was slightly interested in it (Still am, but a little turned off by this fact) but noticed that, the pregnant body is literally the legacy body but with a "pregnancy" shape + skin.. can't we just buy a skin that has the pregnancy look and then...change our shape to be pregnant with legacy? OH WAIT... you can.. why waste your money.. 😝

On 4/5/2020 at 4:41 PM, MelodyClone1 said:

I mean this is pretty much proof that the people behind it really couldn't care less that their reputation is in the gutters after the TMP fiasco, and is completely ready to do the exact same thing. Long story short they basically slightly tweaked the breast shape of their Legacy body and is now re-releasing it as a complete standalone product. Any other mesh body creator, especially Maitreya, would release it as a free update (and they already did, free 3x HP nipple shapes + bunch of other enhancements in last update) or a very cheap upgrade price like 500L or something, especially considering Legacy already costs 2-3x as any other body, but nope, that'll be another 5000L please if you want "updated breast shape". What's next? Slightly smoother shoulders for another 5000L? 10% thinner waist, another 5000L please. Pregnant shape... oh wait they already have this for another 5000L. 🙄

No I'm not some shill for other body creators. I just find this hilarious and wonder how and why people would defend this.

Because boobs / breasticles.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, AStormieDay said:

LOL The fact that you mentioned the pregnant shape.. I was demoing this body the other day cause was slightly interested in it (Still am, but a little turned off by this fact) but noticed that, the pregnant body is literally the legacy body but with a "pregnancy" shape + skin.. can't we just buy a skin that has the pregnancy look and then...change our shape to be pregnant with legacy? OH WAIT... you can.. why waste your money.. 😝

There are some chubby skins. Maybe that would work. Like this:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/deetalez/32580679527/in/dateposted/

Shows the body so maybe a bit NSFW. But the nipples and bits are covered.

Dear Mollymews,

I like Legacy Perky , doesnt metter price , I ve bought body and paid 5000 L 2  23.04.2020.  and still not recived.  Sent NC to whole support, nobody couldnt help only owner.

And owner is unknown and not in SL,  tell me please : is it fer, is it professional ?

Today is 27.04. 2020. will see when  "god" will show up

• Sad 1

On 4/27/2020 at 1:13 PM, axxya Bandalora said:

Dear Mollymews,

I like Legacy Perky , doesnt metter price , I ve bought body and paid 5000 L 2  23.04.2020.  and still not recived.  Sent NC to whole support, nobody couldnt help only owner.

And owner is unknown and not in SL,  tell me please : is it fer, is it professional ?

Today is 27.04. 2020. will see when  "god" will show up

Did you try to redeliver it through their terminal?

On the side, their free meshbody they call "Classic" is really awesome. It can use nails, rings and shoes for Legacy. I have not tested her with boots yet. But that is pretty good for free stuff. Plus the body takes Bom. Some clothes fit badly in particulary the back if you try Legacy clothes. It is still some TMP clothes to get and they fit better.

This brand is really confusing, prices high and gives stuff for free the same time.

Edited by Marianne Little
Typo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If I recall correctly Legacy also doesn't store it's things in SL itself, but rather links to an outside server for them. I don't know exactly how it works, I just recall someone talking about it once. From what I remember them saying because of how things are stored for them if their system went away you'd kind of lose the functions of your body or something like that. I'll see if I can find the discussion.

I think personally their previously iffy reputation has definitely made me doubt I'll ever buy one of their products if the chance they might just disappear and your things just stop working is a risk.

*Edit* This is the forum post I saw. https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/446324-legacy-body/

Edited by ActuallyWaffles
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ActuallyWaffles said:

If I recall correctly Legacy also doesn't store it's things in SL itself, but rather links to an outside server for them.

Is that still the case with the current gen, though? 

The old ones definitely ran via their servers and I still wonder why creators didn't bother that their texture UUIDs were given away with any applying.

16 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Is that still the case with the current gen, though? 

The old ones definitely ran via their servers and I still wonder why creators didn't bother that their texture UUIDs were given away with any applying.

It is. One of the updates they had somewhat recently temporarily broke previous versions' HUDs for a lot of people. I believe they did fix it eventually, and there always was an option to update to the new version, too. But it's the perfect example of why web based HUDs are a terrible idea.

• Thanks 1

*reads...and reads...*

So much fuss and hoohaa about a body that some of you dont and wont even wear lol... its a bit comical.. live and let live eh..? 

If you cant afford the body dont buy it

If you dont like the brand dont buy it

... reading all this has just made me wanna slip into my perky body :D

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, xBaeBeex said:

So much fuss and hoohaa about a body that some of you dont and wont even wear lol... its a bit comical.. live and let live eh..? 

If you cant afford the body dont buy it

If you dont like the brand dont buy it

It's a forum where people share different opinions on whatever they feel like to (within LL's and forum's ToS). It's what forums are for. For pure "positivity" and fanclubs which don't allow/ban anything that doesn't praise their products/brands you're better checking and using in-world groups dedicated to those brands, perhaps dedicated discord channels, too.

And I'll continue for you. If you don't like to read "negative" comments about something you like - don't read them. Alternatively learn to respect different opinions, even if they are completely opposite to yours.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

If they take down the server, we will lose the skins ... At least that's what it seems to me, there are even places that you spend a lot of time to load ...

However I can say that I am happy with my Signature, and for my wife I changed the Tonic (why was it not successful ???) for the Classic TMP ...

13 minutes ago, Axel Naxos said:

If they take down the server, we will lose the skins ... At least that's what it seems to me, there are even places that you spend a lot of time to load ...

However I can say that I am happy with my Signature, and for my wife I changed the Tonic (why was it not successful ???) for the Classic TMP ...

If we use BOM, we does not risk to lose skins. The thing that is most risky, is if the store is closed and we have deleted the original container from our inventory. If there is no way to get redelivery, we can still rez new bodies from the original container. Sometimes HUDs go crazy in SL and I unpack a new body. I have done it maybe 2 or 3 times with Maitreya during all the time I had it.

So don't delete it.

The HUD can stop working, maybe. Possibly? The body will still work with alpha layers and BOM. I got the free Classic one on an alt, and I am using it only with BOM.

• Like 1

Ok but SteelJane42.. what do you actually gain from moaning and complaining about it? .. the way some people state their "opinion" is more or less bitching about it.. my point is, if your not gonna buy it and your not gonna wear it.. what are you gaining by ripping into a brand you dont even like. 

I bet you also watch videos on youtube of people you hate just to post negitive comments while blanketing it calling your actions an opinion. .. opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.. just.. some are more sh*tty than others :)

• 2 weeks later...

This conversation about the price of the new Legacy Perky mesh body can be applied to anything mesh in Second Life now. Have you shopped lately? Look at the price of some outfit fatpacks. Bottom fatpack is 2500L; Top fatpack is 2500L and a "Super" fatpack with both for 6500L!! For ONE outfit!!! And don't EVEN get me started on Mesh Heads.

But it is all SO great! Mesh has made my Second Life worth living. But, granted, it is expensive. And that is because it is very time consuming for designers to produce - especially to the level of quality Legacy produces. If it is TOO expensive, don't buy it. There is no crime in that and no one would blame you. That is one of the great things about SL - so many ways to play -  for little or no money.

As for the Legacy Perky body - it is SO beautiful! So well done. It is the most natural and beautifully designed mesh body in SL so far- in my opinion. And In context to the cost of mesh products everywhere in SL, to me, it is absolutely worth it.

The comments about Maitreya's update are right too. Offering their complete mesh makeover as a free update to Maitreya owners is fantastic! But keep in mind - this is business. And if I was Maitreya (the reigning queen of mesh avatars for years now) and I watched a competitor like Legacy launch their mesh and within only a few months sweep across SL and be adopted by nearly every major clothing designer - well... I think I would be offering some free updates too.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 969 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.