put my screen name so that it is removed and back to login

CatharynaLins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, CatharynaLins said:

I was wondering if second life could help me with this because I am very upset about it because I want to put my screen name and it always comes back the same and then I have to wait a while for another one that has the same problem

Are you trying to change your display name?

Are you trying to use a fancy font?

If so try regular font.  A lot of the time fancy fonts won't stick and you have to wait another week to try

You are allowed to change your display name once every seven days, but you can re-set it to your default username at any time. You'll still have to wait the full 7 days from your previous change (not from the reset time) to change it again.

for example:

Monday - you change from CatharynaLins to a new display name

Wednesday - you re-set it back to CatharynaLins

the following Monday - you can change it again to a new display name

sometimes when we try to edit/update our profile, the edits don't stick (as you have noticed). Is some kinda server  connection problem, what exactly I dunno

only way I know to try and have the edits stick is to go to another region. Changing regions sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.  But sometimes is better than never works by staying on the same region

12 hours ago, CatharynaLins said:

I was wondering if second life could help me with this because I am very upset about it because I want to put my screen name and it always comes back the same and then I have to wait a while for another one that has the same problem

If the system won't allow you to change your display name as @Lewis Luminos describes, you will need to file a support ticket. Linden Lab doesn't respond to questions here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.